China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

No social distancing in the bbc office, if you look behind the news reader
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

five points

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 16, 2020, 05:36:43 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 16, 2020, 05:35:13 PM
Is Boris pinning his hopes to the UK seeing this out with minimum damage to the economy regardless of anything else so they are best positioned coming out of this to bounce back quicker and negate some of the chaos Brexit will bring.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tories just want to wipe out a generation of old folk to ease pressure on the NHS and pensions.

All last summer we were being told that the 2016 majority in favour of Brexit was now a minority owing to elderly Leave voters dying off.

Now they're telling us that BoJo is killing them.

Go figure.

screenexile

I actually think they reduced testing because they don't have enough tests!!!

I'm in the North luckily working from home the school has pulled 3 future days off forward so kids can stay off this week although staff will be in to do work on remote learning. The Education minister has already said when they pull the pin that will be it for the year.

We have a childminder who has 3 kids in the house. Her eldest was on Erasmus in Austria and just arrived back but we sent the kids anyway.

The biggest risk is my father who had a heart attack a year and a half ago and gets regular respiratory issues. We've told him and my Mum we're cutting off contact until the danger is over and they were thinking along those lines anyway so the major issue for us is making sure money keeps coming in and doing all the other things we're being told to do.

Ironically the panic buying is really affecting my business. I export certain pharmaceuticals from Ireland all over Europe and given the surge in Pharmacy activity in Ireland the main wholesalers don't have the capacity to release orders for exporting and obviously have to service Irish Pharmacy first. We're hoping it will calm down but really people need to chill out as everywhere there is a lockdown people can still get to the shops and pharmacy!!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 05:46:29 PM
No social distancing in the bbc office, if you look behind the news reader

Too stupid to understand what it means probably.

Perhaps that's the group dedicated to half the non-news shite cluttering up the front page!
i usse an speelchekor

BennyCake

Genocide, eugenics, population cull. Call it what you like, because that's what it is.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: screenexile on March 16, 2020, 05:49:44 PM
I actually think they reduced testing because they don't have enough tests!!!

... apparently they haven't ordered any from multiple sources that could have supplied them.
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Randox selling them for £120
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Italy
March 10: 10,149 cases
March 15 : 20,603 cases

2x

March 10 : 631 deaths
March 15 : 1809 deaths

Almost 3x
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

So 2000 deaths in Italy, is that directly or part indirectly due to poor medical resources?

If the countries had enough medical resources (not vaccines) would this be treatable without crisis?

Joeythelips

Places that take the severest action sooner show they can flatten the curve which saves lives. https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1239239417715396609?s=19

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Was in a packed shop in Derry. Woman persistently coughing in queue behind me, not once did she cover up. I left. You could see people getting angry. People not listening

Eamonnca1

Quote from: BennyCake on March 16, 2020, 05:50:27 PM
Genocide, eugenics, population cull. Call it what you like, because that's what it is.

Someone like Dominic Cummings calling the shots at a time like this. Utterly chilling. That man will go down in history along with some of mankind's most sinister characters.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 05:58:12 PM
So 2000 deaths in Italy, is that directly or part indirectly due to poor medical resources?

Poor?

The Italian system is light years better than the NHS!

If the countries had enough medical resources (not vaccines) would this be treatable without crisis?

No - even in areas where resources are not stretched, mortality rate is still near 1%.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 16, 2020, 06:04:33 PM
Was in a packed shop in Derry. Woman persistently coughing in queue behind me, not once did she cover up. I left. You could see people getting angry. People not listening

Did anyone challenge her?
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 16, 2020, 06:07:01 PM

Poor?

The Italian system is light years better than the NHS!

No - even in areas where resources are not stretched, mortality rate is still near 1%.

That was a question, have never needed or seen Italy's medical institutions, so I'll bow to you knowledge of it