The Wire (tv drama)

Started by Main Street, October 18, 2008, 12:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

we need to establish a support group.

lines....

Proposition Joe: I heard your end would be covering my fee.
Stringer Bell: Your fee?
Proposition Joe: Yeah, I'm like a marriage counselor. Tell the man he oughta bring the bitch some flowers every once in a while. Tell the bitch she gotta suck some c**k every once in a while. That sort of shit.
[Omar arrives]
Proposition Joe: Speaking of cocksuckers...
[to Omar]
Proposition Joe: I'm Proposition Joe. You f**k with me, I'll kill your whole family.

Moreland: I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick.
Freamon: You give yourself too much credit.
Moreland: Okay then. I ain't that humble.

Brother Mouzone: I see you favor a .45.
Omar: At night I do. And I keeps one in the chamber in case you ponderin'.

Bubbles: Thin line between heaven and here.

Freamon: A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

State's Atty. Ilene Nathan: Mr. Little, how does a man rob drug dealers for eight or nine years and live to tell about it?
Omar: Day at a time I suppose?

omar: i ain't a card man but i think this 45 beats a full house

marlo: Omar aint no terrorist he's just a nigga with a gun. And you, you ain't no Delta airlines neither. You just a nigga who got his shit took.

bodie: They want me to stand with them but where the f**k are they when they suppose to be standing by us? When shit goes bad and is hell to pay where they at? This game is rigged man, I feel like them little bitches on the chess board.

Stringer: Ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. Fifty. Bring a smile to your face. Sixty, shit, niggas is damn near barbecuing on that motherfucker. Go down to 20, niggas get their bitch on. Get their blood complaining. But forty? Nobody give a f**k about 40. Nobody remember 40, and y'all niggas is giving me way too many 40-degree days! What the f**k?

stringer: are you taking notes on a criminal conspiracy?

Main Street

Quote from: The GAA on April 17, 2009, 11:13:08 AM
we need to establish a support group.

lines....

Proposition Joe: I heard your end would be covering my fee.
Stringer Bell: Your fee?
Proposition Joe: Yeah, I'm like a marriage counselor. Tell the man he oughta bring the bitch some flowers every once in a while. Tell the bitch she gotta suck some c**k every once in a while. That sort of shit.
[Omar arrives]
Proposition Joe: Speaking of cocksuckers...
[to Omar]
Proposition Joe: I'm Proposition Joe. You f**k with me, I'll kill your whole family.
is that a quote from the script?
I thought it was   "you steal my stash,  I'll kill your whole family"

Main Street

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 17, 2009, 10:46:39 AM
thought the guy that played bubbles was great, had the junkie thing down to a tee.
bunk was great for comedy value and Omars character was superb.
Never liked Daniels, dunno if it was the character or the way the guy played him but couldnt stand the sight of him!

From the first series, Pres's character is the one I didn't get.
To begin with, he is a  violent loose cannon but once settled in the basement on the wire he emerges as a rational man who considers consequences before acting.

The GAA

Def could have that wrong MS

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2009, 11:49:05 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 17, 2009, 10:46:39 AM
thought the guy that played bubbles was great, had the junkie thing down to a tee.
bunk was great for comedy value and Omars character was superb.
Never liked Daniels, dunno if it was the character or the way the guy played him but couldnt stand the sight of him!

From the first series, Pres's character is the one I didn't get.
To begin with, he is a  violent loose cannon but once settled in the basement on the wire he emerges as a rational man who considers consequences before acting.

Prez was never cut out to be on the ground, it was only under Lestor's guidance that he finally understood that police work was more than just rounding up little hoppers, I really liked the way his character developed especially when the demons returned and he ended up with the shooting incident...

Carcetti is actually played by an Irish guy, Aidan Gillen....

Royce was the one character I couldn't stand...

#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

So you are saying that Pres hadn't a clue how to be a cop on the ground, pressurised to take on a role he wasn't cut out for (true enough).
Then he thought he had to act like that (wild /violent) in order to be accepted by his peers.
Thus in some way explaining his distance from the others when he was first in the basement

Minder

Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2009, 01:58:16 PM
So you are saying that Pres hadn't a clue how to be a cop on the ground, pressurised to take on a role he wasn't cut out for (true enough).
Then he thought he had to act like that (wild /violent) in order to be accepted by his peers.
Thus in some way explaining his distance from the others when he was first in the basement

I am towards the end of the first series but thats how i saw it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dinny Breen

QuoteSo you are saying that Pres hadn't a clue how to be a cop on the ground, pressurised to take on a role he wasn't cut out for (true enough).

In a nutshell yes, his father in law was just trying to pressurise Prez into something he wasn't, just look how he handled his relationship with Dukie compared to what he was like when he was working on the ground.....he knew how the game worked and he was trying to make a difference...
#newbridgeornowhere

DuffleKing

Can't make my mind up on daniels. he comes across the upstanding, straight down the line poelease but....

First couple of series McNulty was the heroe if there was one but as you got to know him his star faded.

loved the bubs character. we really got to know him and got inside his head.

would rte, bbc or channel 4 invest in a program like this which is based upon the intricicies and interaction of people? no chance. fair play to HBO

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on April 17, 2009, 02:03:49 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2009, 01:58:16 PM

I am towards the end of the first series but thats how i saw it.
Sounds like you then Minder.

Minder

When is The Wire continuing on bbc? Thursday nights espisode was the finale of season one and it isnt on next week
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on April 18, 2009, 12:28:37 PM
When is The Wire continuing on bbc? Thursday nights espisode was the finale of season one and it isnt on next week
4th May. Probably breaking for the snooker. Gives me time to watch season 1.

Schkite

Brilliant show, hooked on it. Just started season 4.

The characters are fantastic, all if them brilliantly casted and alot of detail put into them.

Not sure who's my favourite but Bunk cracks me up sometimes!

Cole: "I got laid last night"
Bunk:"Oh yeah? Does your asshole still hurt?"

Or when Lester's up in the office and walking away, Bunk says to his partner:
"See that bow-legged muthaf*cker, I did that!"

james564t

omar's probably the best character but there's almost too many to choose from.

funniest moment of series 1 was wee-bay taking more murders for more chips and another burger (medium-rare, lots of horseradish sauce)