Club Race Days

Started by Colonel Cool, June 28, 2007, 07:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Cool

Lads loads of clubs are having race days as fund raisers and we're talking about it ourselves. Any words of advice would be welcome. Good/bad experiences, dos, don'ts etc.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Rois

Went to my club's race day on Friday at Down Royal.  It was a brilliant evening, over 700 people attended, corporate tables, club tables, family tables, real mix of people.  Prizes were excellent, entertainment afterwards was good (live band) and we had one of the club's celebrities as MC (OK, well Mark Sidebottom), plus a tipster at the start and a tote inside the marquee.  Apparently they raised a lot more than they were expecting. 
I can't think of any "don'ts" from a participant's side though not having been involved in the organising, I'm not sure what went as expected.  I think it worked so well for Bredagh because of the wealth of, well, wealth around - there were loads of corporate tables and I think a lot of the club players didn't come because of the cost.

girt_giggler

make any wad's of cash on the actual racing personally?

Leo

Was at the Bredagh race day last Friday and also the Antrim race day on 1st June - both were superb. Loads of people, prizes, good meal, great bands, craic - Geen Fitzpatrick brilliant at the Antrim do - the Chevvys played till late with Bredagh. Both organised by Magee Event Management who apparently have been the tops at this for many  years all over the country. Beware of the Tipsters though - the bookies now have my savins! Highly recommended.
Fierce tame altogether

SouthArmaghBandit

Went to a club night at the dogs in Dundalk. Great night out and probably not as dear as a day at the horses. I still lost a packet though!