been living in 5mins away from croke park over 7 years

Started by scottish-dub, June 27, 2007, 02:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottish-dub

and never had any interest in the gaa -as it was never covered in Scotland. Watched my first game at the weekend on tv- the dublin game -have to say wasnt the best game but certainly has me hooked 8)

AZOffaly

Jaysus scottish, don't let the Dublin Offaly game be your yardstick. That was woeful. Actually, come to think of it, do exactly that. Then every game from now on will be a classic to you :D

Onlooker

Dublin v. Offaly was a very poor game, but you will get great entertainment from now until the end of the season.

scottish-dub

agreed the game was poor from the moment teh offaly guy left injured after 20 mins -dublin then lost their feet

I actually watched both legs on tv of tyrone v ???? in 2005. them 2 games were very very good - cant remember who it was though they were playing -dublin ? or armagh?

anyone? ::)

AZOffaly

That was the Dubs. the second game was Owen Mulligan's classic goal.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: scottish-dub on June 27, 2007, 03:05:14 PM
agreed the game was poor from the moment teh offaly guy left injured after 20 mins -dublin then lost their feet

I actually watched both legs on tv of tyrone v ???? in 2005. them 2 games were very very good - cant remember who it was though they were playing -dublin ? or armagh?

anyone? ::)
Aye Tyrone won on away goals ;) ;) ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

scottish-dub

thanks -I thought it was the dubs - I was in belfast watching the return leg in a pub and it was an excellent game -was p1shed out my head shouting for the boys in blue -totally forgot about that actually being my first game I seen!!

anyway will be watching it this summer -watching the dubs be crowned king of kings 8)

Gnevin

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2007, 03:06:11 PM
Of course it was 9/10 classics involve the dubs (8/10 the dubs get beat  :'( )
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

scottish-dub

I think the dubs will have a good season in my novice opinion -first they will the gaa football cup then the footballers will play the hurling and win that as well -then in august they will enter in the english prem league and probably gain a top 4 finish and qualify for the champions league and if the draws are kind to them -win the champs league of not semi- final at least

after this a few will turn to acting and appear in hollyoaks, eastenders and home and away, a few will release singles on level with robbie williams and U2

and one will become taisoech

all in all very good year for the dub 8)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Gnevin on June 27, 2007, 03:48:54 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2007, 03:06:11 PM
Of course it was 9/10 classics involve the dubs (8/10 the dubs get beat  :'( )
I think the reason why most of the classic games involve the dubs is firstly the games are played in Croke park where the players have the room and the space to express themselves for e.g do you think you would have had those recent classics if the games were played at Navan , clones, castlebar,  also the players are playing to a full house where the atmosphere is unreal, give me a game against the dubs in croker every day of the weeks for atmosphere and crack(not cocaine) ;) can't be beat
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

neutral

scottish-dub

crack -ammonia or bread soda? I used ammonia at the weekend - lungs are still a little sore after that but it was mental!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

I think you meant "craic"

far be it for me to be the spelling police -im a thick myself :(

neutral

scottish-dub

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility