Michael Collins - the Comeback King

Started by Barney, June 25, 2007, 12:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Typical GAA to bring back a ref such as Collins who I though was diabolical again in the Dubs/Offaly game.

Hidden away since the Ulster Final fiasco of two years ago he is now back in the big time.

Gnevin

Quote from: hardstation on June 25, 2007, 12:55:30 PM
It was a two year rehabilitation plan for Mr Collins. He was given the all clear and has promised to stay of the drugs between the months of March and October.
Well some one should give him a drug test because he must of been on everything yesterday
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Shamrock Shore

He was reffing Longford v Derry in the Qualifiers last year and almost caused a riot.

Jinxy

It was actually kind of funny when he pulled Keaney up for overcarrying in the 2nd half just after he received the pass into his hands. The look on his face of sheer disbelief was priceless. In the immortal words of comic book guy, "WORST REF EVER....." ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Declan

With all the nonsense spouted about the media's targetting of foul play did they highlight this gobshites incompetence at all yesterday during the live transmission or last night??

rrhf

When he robbed Tyrone of an ulster title in 2005 It was the first day that "at least Dick Turpin wore a mask" was used by a wit beside me.  As someone said about him and Russell  - these men dont referee games.... they haunt teams. 

Tatler Jack

According to fellows who know him he rates himself very highly as a ref. :)

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: rrhf on June 25, 2007, 01:37:10 PM
When he robbed Tyrone of an ulster title in 2005 It was the first day that "at least Dick Turpin wore a mask" was used by a wit beside me.  As someone said about him and Russell  - these men dont referee games.... they haunt teams. 
:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D :-*

What a day!

red hander

'What a day'  Not a tenth as enjoyable as the AI semi-final that year, Goats!!!!!!

Agree about Collins, though, absolute joke of a ref, and that boy at Casement yesterday isn't much better

SuperDooperCooper

I have a friend from Meath and they just love him there........
After a Meath defeat (I think it was to Donegal in 2002) Ollie Murphy got a months suspension for saying to him after the match
'They shot the wrong Michael Collins in Cork' :D

Onlooker

Is'nt Michael Collins the referee who gave Kerry a goal in the Munster Championship match against Tipperary 8 years ago, when the ball hit the support at the back of the goal and came back in to play.  He then refused to admit the mistake in the referee's report. It is incredible that he is refereeing big games.

orangeman

After the Tyrone Armagh Ulster final debacle he should have been retired - the whistle should have been taken off him permanently - who decides to bring these boys back ?