Darren Fay

Started by Jinxy, June 25, 2007, 12:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Quote from: hardstation on June 25, 2007, 05:53:15 PM
QuoteEnjoyed when Tommy Freeman thought he was hard knocking O'Kane out over the line when he was already tumbling only for McCloy to run 20 yards to completely flatten Freeman with a shoulder. Good old fashioned full-back
Is this when he ran up from behind Freeman, hit a big shoulder in the back and got a yellow card? Good old fashioned full back, hard man and very clever.

Freeman had just thrown O'Kane over the line with a push in the back, Freeman was also yellow carded, same punishment as McCloy.
Only Derry man standing up to anything on the day, I counted it clever enough, pity the rest hadn't as much passion/anger/determination

paddypastit

Exiled, every man to his own - for sure Freeman deserved his card but I counted McCloy's act as cowardice.   Charge a man full in the back when he was blind to the charge.  That's the sort of 'big man' shit that causes trouble and gets people hurt. Iif that was / is the sum total of 'passion/anger/determination' that yez can come up with then ye don't deserve anything more than ye got.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

ExiledGael

I'm not even one of 'yez', but point taken.
Didn't think it done Tommy any harm after what he done, but I suppose it could have

Over the Bar

I'd somehow doubt you have watched every other full-back in Ireland as closely as your own countyman.  We'll see if your are right or not in a few months.

Jinxy

That would explain the "Neutral opinions required! If you don't think he has been the best, by all means tell me who has been better" bit then. As a result we all know that McCloy has played well, McKeon had a very good game yesterday and Canty and Owens will be ones to watch too.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 25, 2007, 08:02:06 PM
Conor Gormley played full back against Donegal and was brilliant throughout keeping Brendy Devenney very quiet. Probably the best full back display of the season so far. If Fay was fully fit which he's no were near, him Gormley and Canty would be some full back line.

Gormley was good, but Devenney still got 2 points from play!

Young Brendan Donaghy had a great game for Armagh v Donegal. Though he was further out the field than Fay or McCloy were deployed!

Both Fay & McCloy will struggle marking the likes of Tommy Feeman IMO (though who wouldnt!!  :-\ )

The Claw

Fayser: Pure legend

Jinxy

Most physically big, strong full backs will struggle if a small, pacy lad is put on them and plenty of low ball goes into space for him to run onto. Freeman tore us apart in the Div. 2 final back in 2005, BUT Fayser owned him in the league semi this year in Croke Park.
If you were any use you'd be playing.