Qualifiers draw

Started by Bud Wiser, June 24, 2007, 06:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens73

Quote from: SouthArmaghBandit on June 25, 2007, 02:01:39 PM
This is a disgrace!! The game should never be moved to Londonderry. What happened when Louth got a home draw with Tyrone last year? It went neutral. Theres no way the Armagh Board will stand for thsi. It should be in Clones. Or maybe Omagh. And it should be on TV - who wants to watch a couple of second raters like Down & Meath (outside there own counties)??

Sam Maguire Roll of Honour -:

Meath 7
Down 5
Armagh 1

Hound

I think most neutrals would agree that Down v Meath is the tie of the round. I wouldnt expect Derry to get near Armagh, though maybe the venue being moved to Derry will give them some chance.

The losers of Laois/Wexford will be doing plenty of giving out next weekend, having to go to Enniskillen so quickly. I thought they would have at least moved that qualifier to the Sunday, to give them one extra day.

tintin25

Can't see how the Fermanagh v Laois/Wexford will be played in Enniskillen considering Brewster Park is out of commission for another few months. How's about a double header at Clones?? Fermanagh v Laois/Wexford followed by Armagh v Derry???

Lecale2

Where did you get your info Blacksheep? There's no mention on GAA.ie or RTE. I smell a rat.

Oakleafkid

Londonderry?? I reckon your actually afraid of losing there Southarmaghbandit! If Armagh are genuine all ireland contenders why would they fear coming to celtic park? Th efact that Armagh don't have a county ground the opposition county get s the first option on venue. I actually expect a good Derry performance now, but don't think it'll be enough

Harold Disgracey

Taken from Hogan Stand

The times, dates and venues for the All-Ireland football qualifiers and Tommy Murphy Cup first round ties have been announced.

Five of the eight All-Ireland qualifiers will be have a 7pm throw-in on Saturday, July 7. The games between Fermanagh and the losers of next Sunday's Leinster SFC semi-final between Laois and Wexford, and Armagh and Derry, will take place at 2pm and 4pm respectively on Sunday, July 8, while Roscommon will host Kildare at Dr Hyde Park at 3pm the previous day.

Both of the Sunday games could yet be played as a double-header at Clones as Enniskillen, which was out of commission during the National League due to upgrading work, may not be ready to host the Fermanagh v Laois/Wexford clash. Armagh's meeting with Derry will definitely go ahead at Clones.

On the Saturday evening, Limerick will play Louth at the Gaelic Grounds, Castlebar will host the meeting of Mayo and Cavan, Newry is the venue for Down v Meath, Westmeath will have home advantage in Mullingar for their clash with Longford, while Leitrim will entertain Donegal in Carrick-on-Shannon.

In the Tommy Murphy Cup, Kilkenny face Antrim in a preliminary round tie next Saturday, June 30 at Nowlan Park, with the winners travelling to Ruislip to play London in the first round proper on July 7 at 3pm.

The remaining three first round fixtures will also be played on July 7 at 7pm. Carlow must travel to Dungarvan to face Waterford, Wicklow host Offaly in Aughrim and Tipperary take on Clare in Ardfinnan.

Redgreenery

This is whats on gaa.ie. Only 6 fixtures down for Saturday so rest must be on Sunday. :-\

7th:
Bank of Ireland Football QualifierRound 1
Páirc na nGael 7.00 Luimneach v An Lu
Castlebar 7.00 Maigh Eo v An Cabhán
Newry 7.00 An Dun v An Mhí
Hyde Park 3.00 Ros Comáin v Cill Dara
Cusack Park 7.00 Iar Mhí v Longfort
Carrick-on-Shannon 7.00 Liatroim v Dún na nGall

Hound

Quote from: Redgreenery on June 25, 2007, 03:09:01 PM
This is whats on gaa.ie. Only 6 fixtures down for Saturday so rest must be on Sunday. :-\

7th:
Bank of Ireland Football QualifierRound 1
Páirc na nGael 7.00 Luimneach v An Lu
Castlebar 7.00 Maigh Eo v An Cabhán
Newry 7.00 An Dun v An Mhí
Hyde Park 3.00 Ros Comáin v Cill Dara
Cusack Park 7.00 Iar Mhí v Longfort
Carrick-on-Shannon 7.00 Liatroim v Dún na nGall

Yeah, blacksheep gave us bum info.

The other two games are likely to be a Clones double bill on the Sunday.

full back

Very apt name blacksheep ::)

SuperDooperCooper

08.07.2007 (Sun)

Bank of Ireland Football Qualifier

Enniskillen/Clones         2.00   Fear Manach        v        Laois/Loch Garman

Clones                  4.00   Ard Mhacha         v        Doire

Lecale2

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/features/sundaygame.html

The RTE schedule shows 2 qualifiers live on Saturday 7th. I wonder which games they'll show? If the throw in times don't change it will have to be Roscommon plus another.

Onlooker

I expect that one of the games to be shown on RTE on 7th July will be a Hurling Qualifier.

Lecale2

Quote from: Onlooker on June 25, 2007, 05:10:29 PM
I expect that one of the games to be shown on RTE on 7th July will be a Hurling Qualifier.

I think you're right. I wonder which one.

2.30 Antrim v Clare
7.00 Laois v Galway
3.30 Dublin v Cork
3.00 Tipparery v Offaly

Deal_Me_In

Maybe, but there is also the possibility of showing the double header at Clones if it goes ahead as scheduled - Fermanagh Vs Wexford/Laois @ 2pm followed by Armagh Vs Derry @ 4pm (I'd definately expect this game to be shown as it was a possible Ulster final at the start of the year and the most prolific tie of the round.)

Colonel Cool

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on June 26, 2007, 06:05:16 AM

Maybe, but there is also the possibility of showing the double header at Clones if it goes ahead as scheduled - Fermanagh Vs Wexford/Laois @ 2pm followed by Armagh Vs Derry @ 4pm (I'd definately expect this game to be shown as it was a possible Ulster final at the start of the year and the most prolific tie of the round.)

There's no way they'll show the matches from Clones. They are on the Sunday and the Munster Hurling Final is already scheduled to be shown live at 4.00pm. There is no way RTE will drop the munster Final for a qualifier involving 2 Ulster football teams. Maybe they'll show the Munster Final deferred so all the stay at home Armagh fans can see their team live on TV?
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!