dubs in the pubs (again)

Started by criostlinn, June 24, 2007, 03:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I forgot that!

But I must draw your attention to who started the patronising stuff. Just responding in kind.

tayto

Quote from: thejuice on June 25, 2007, 11:34:06 PM
Personally I'd never boo anyone, I understand the effort and commitment that the players make. When Mark Vaughn kicked over the sideline ball, i actually found myself applauding, and always make a point of shaking hands and wishing well any opposing supporters near me. Not blowing my trumpet here, I think alot of GAA fans are like that, but there sadly is a growing amount of people who are ruining the athmosphere of GAA matches, and if they want to carry on like that they can feck off to a soccer game where that crap is acceptable.

That's my attitude and always has been, you do have to put in the extra mileage thanks to the idiotic element to our support.
Having said that I've met idiots from everywhere. Kilkenny [the vast majority of who are very knowledgeable, and are genuinely dying for Dublin to make a breakthrough] - Tipp, Wexford [i'll never forget the drawn game v cork a few years back, one of the best non dub games i've ever been at and wexford fans were brilliant that day] etc etc ... every county has it's muppets, especially at this time of year when there's bandwagons getting rolling all over the country.

The Real Laoislad

Ive had the pleasure of sitting beside a few scumbags in the last few years in Croker. Both from Dublin and my own County. During the Dublin-Mayo game from last year,(I was there to watch the Meath-Roscommon minor game if your wondering), there was a bunch of balding-fat assholes in blue sitting behind us who were insisting on making sheep noises when the Mayo players came out, and suggested that they were trying to "arse-rape" their Dublin opponents rather than tackle. Sadly we had to sit and listen to their brainless drivel until Ciaran MacDonald shut them up with the winning point and they decided to feck off out of the stadium much to everyones relief.

In the Meath-Louth game last season there was one of our own supporters who let the side down badly, with his loud cursing and saying things about the Louth players being scumbags and calling out for one of the meath players to break thier f**king jaw. And this was every minute of the game, he was a bit pissed, and couldnt tell if Trevor Giles was still playing or not.

Personally I'd never boo anyone, I understand the effort and commitment that the players make. When Mark Vaughn kicked over the sideline ball, i actually found myself applauding, and always make a point of shaking hands and wishing well any opposing supporters near me. Not blowing my trumpet here, I think alot of GAA fans are like that, but there sadly is a growing amount of people who are ruining the athmosphere of GAA matches, and if they want to carry on like that they can feck off to a soccer game where that crap is acceptable.
[/b]

I have been at soccer games all over the world and i don't know anywhere where that "crap is acceptable" as you put it..Im not saying it's doesn't happen but as with GAA there is a minority who like to be heard at these matches and will annoy everyone around them
You are a very bitter man and have a huge chip on your shoulder when it comes to soccer ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

criostlinn

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 26, 2007, 02:55:25 PM
Ive had the pleasure of sitting beside a few scumbags in the last few years in Croker. Both from Dublin and my own County. During the Dublin-Mayo game from last year,(I was there to watch the Meath-Roscommon minor game if your wondering), there was a bunch of balding-fat assholes in blue sitting behind us who were insisting on making sheep noises when the Mayo players came out, and suggested that they were trying to "arse-rape" their Dublin opponents rather than tackle. Sadly we had to sit and listen to their brainless drivel until Ciaran MacDonald shut them up with the winning point and they decided to feck off out of the stadium much to everyones relief.

In the Meath-Louth game last season there was one of our own supporters who let the side down badly, with his loud cursing and saying things about the Louth players being scumbags and calling out for one of the meath players to break thier f**king jaw. And this was every minute of the game, he was a bit pissed, and couldnt tell if Trevor Giles was still playing or not.

[/b]

I have been at soccer games all over the world and i don't know anywhere where that "crap is acceptable" as you put it..Im not saying it's doesn't happen but as with GAA there is a minority who like to be heard at these matches and will annoy everyone around them
You are a very bitter man and have a huge chip on your shoulder when it comes to soccer ::)
[/quote

Laois lad are you havin a laugh or what.

Over the Bar

wife batein in ballybough...thats what keeps them late

Davitt Man

i saw a few dubs in the pub last night!!

Davitt Man

im almost sure i saw wheelo in flannarys and coppers last night, he didnt seem as big as he does when he is on the pitch

Stagmeister

Ya cant beat a bit of Flannerys and Coppers on a thursday night...fecken great craic!

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Stagmeister on June 29, 2007, 12:32:04 PM
Ya cant beat a bit of Flannerys and Coppers on a thursday night...fecken great craic!

O I so so so miss Flannerys & Rody Bolands since I moved home to Mayo.

Davitt Man

Quote from: Stagmeister on June 29, 2007, 12:32:04 PM

You couldnt bate it with a stick

Fishead_Sam

Jaz Im in Mayo at the moment but very tempted to buy a load of new clothes(in a suit in a different town to my hometown @ the moment) and head up on the train to Flannerys tonight, wouldn't be the first time I'v done it.

Davitt Man

Fishead Sam the suit will do ya, walk straight into flannarys the women will be mad after ya, give us a shout if coming up