dubs in the pubs (again)

Started by criostlinn, June 24, 2007, 03:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

yes, disgraceful. Once or twice fair enough,  but time and again matches are being delayed. The fans are dictating the start time, not  the authorities. And on a lighter note,it messed up my schedule yesterday - was waiting for the qualifiers draw at 5.30. Had to wait to 6.00 to see us get Derry.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Canalman

will always be delays in matches in CP with a near full attendance. Design fault in entrance to canal End is mainly to blame.Only an approx 30ft entrance off the Jones Road into it which always leads to delays.
AIFs are diffferent as 50% of attendance are not from competing counties and generally get in early for the pagaentry, minor match etc.
Get the impression some posters are secretly looking for some fatalities some day.

Hound

Quote from: Hardy on June 25, 2007, 04:18:34 PM
Am I the only one in the country who wanted to see the gutsy little Viking plant that cocky bollix on his arse
Long live Begrudgery!

If it was an Olympic sport, the Irish would rake in the medals.

Back on topic. If they are really concerned about starting games on time, and the gardai wont let them until everyone is in, then the simple solution is to have games with the full houses at 2pm, and the likes of Galway/Leitrim at 4pm.

Hardy

Hound you have a feckin cheek. It's nothing to do with begrudgery, as you'd understand if you'd read my post, and all to do with regret that we're losing our sporting values at an alarming rate in this country. You may be aware of that, being in the close neighbourhood of Hill 16 on a regular basis.

We used to like our sportsmen unassuming and modest and doing their talking with action in the arena and our supporters used to be sporting and not loutish and ignorant. Now both our sportsmen and our supporters are falling over each other to ape the lowest common denominator they can find. And if you choose to view that opinion as begrudgery I'll interpret your attitude as jingoistic chauvinism that finds it OK to abuse one participant in the contest just because he's fighting an Irishman. I chose to support the fighter whose attitude impressed me the most and anyway I'll always tend to favour the side the mob is baying against.

(Sorry everybody – back to discussing the cheeky latecomers).

johnpower

Any 0ne hear drive time this evening where they recorded some of the action on the hill from yesterdays game .Funny sad desperate

INDIANA

simple as this with many tickets available on kn**ker master you get a larger contingent of scumbags.Dublin have a larger population- for games like yesterday with many tickets available for public consumption - you get a greater element of scum. A friend of mine had the misfortune to sit beside some scumbags from offaly -obviosuly dublin had more but it cuts both both ways.
It's very easily eliminated - the gaa should distribute tickets to the clubs first and only the clubs. They really have proven themselves to be the biggest money grabbers around. Stitch up your average Gaa fan by making him beg for tickets when his club allocation is cut and watch some toerag down the road get one on knackermaster. This won't eliminate the problem but in relation to Dublin it will drastically cut down on the toerags getting in.
I can't understand why people go to a game when they've no interest in proceedings except getting pissed and then being abusive to everyone around them and to those on the pitch.
A mate of mine 2 years ago went into the jacks on hill 16 for the dublin v wexford game - saw  a fan snorting coke - reported it and what was done? nothing. With policing like that who needs the GRA.
For the first Dublin game v meath i wa son the Hill standing beside 2 toerags pissed out of their skulls slugging from bottles of whiskey. I pointed theis out to the Garda standing 5 yards away who was looking at them doing it. And his response was - i want an easy day and fecked off down to the front of the hill leaving myself and a few others getting whiskey spilled over us listening to them abusing everyone around them. They thought alan brogan was bryan cullen- and didn't know ciaran whelan's name. I mean it really is taking the piss these guys getting tickets and the cut Gaa clubs in Dublin's allocation for tickets. it's a holy disgrace.
Rant over.

GalwayBayBoy

Quotethen the simple solution is to have games with the full houses at 2pm, and the likes of Galway/Leitrim at 4pm.

It was a full house in Carrick too.

But shure why not move the "likes" of us poor peasants from the wesht. Shure we know no better anyway, m'lord.

By the way the solution I suggest is for people to turn up to the shagging game on time.

*doffs my capeen*

johnpower

You are right Its the other fans on the hill who suffer the most , any way come August ticket master will be out of the equation

INDIANA

well in a new low for the Hill and it's staring into the abyss at this stage- on re dubs website from 2 very reputable posters - they saw 2 lads shooting up on heroin on the Hill. This is becoming  a serious health and safety issue and really isn't  a laughing matter anymore.

thejuice

Ive had the pleasure of sitting beside a few scumbags in the last few years in Croker. Both from Dublin and my own County. During the Dublin-Mayo game from last year,(I was there to watch the Meath-Roscommon minor game if your wondering), there was a bunch of balding-fat assholes in blue sitting behind us who were insisting on making sheep noises when the Mayo players came out, and suggested that they were trying to "arse-rape" their Dublin opponents rather than tackle. Sadly we had to sit and listen to their brainless drivel until Ciaran MacDonald shut them up with the winning point and they decided to feck off out of the stadium much to everyones relief.

In the Meath-Louth game last season there was one of our own supporters who let the side down badly, with his loud cursing and saying things about the Louth players being scumbags and calling out for one of the meath players to break thier f**king jaw. And this was every minute of the game, he was a bit pissed, and couldnt tell if Trevor Giles was still playing or not.

Personally I'd never boo anyone, I understand the effort and commitment that the players make. When Mark Vaughn kicked over the sideline ball, i actually found myself applauding, and always make a point of shaking hands and wishing well any opposing supporters near me. Not blowing my trumpet here, I think alot of GAA fans are like that, but there sadly is a growing amount of people who are ruining the athmosphere of GAA matches, and if they want to carry on like that they can feck off to a soccer game where that crap is acceptable.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hound

Hardy, if you know nothing about boxing, you really shouldnt talk about it.

Dinny Breen

QuoteHardy, if you know nothing about boxing, you really shouldnt talk about it.

Hound, you don't have to know anything about boxing to understand the point Hardy is making, in fairness once I saw Dunne showboating to the crowd I too was hoping Walstad would catch hiim one, Dunne is not Ali, he was just playing to Ole Ole Ole crowd yet struggling to beat a boxer ranked 103 in the world. Band wagon supporters are the worst, I saw them with Kildare football, Munster rugby, Dublin football and now Limerick hurling and Bearnard Dunne. These people seem to think supporting your team iis booing the opposition, hurling  abuse and bringing absurd chants to the terraces, (ole ole ole, Easy Easy Easy), unfortunately sport needs these people and it's just unfotunate that the genuine sport lovers have to listen to them.....

#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

Well that's me put in my place!

Just to help me out, like, so that I don't fall foul of your rules of engagement again, can you give me a list of the other things I know nothing about and other things I shouldn't talk about, for whatever reason - as decided by you, of course.

Anyway, just for the record: (1) I'd hazard a guess that I was a boxing fan before you were born. (2) I wasn't talking about boxing.

dublin15man

Quote from: johnpower on June 25, 2007, 10:12:50 PM
Any 0ne hear drive time this evening where they recorded some of the action on the hill from yesterdays game .Funny sad desperate

After the reports of drug dealing on the Hill last time RTE sent a reporter with a mike onto the Hill to investigate. Apart from someone smoking some dope, all she could find was "vulgar" language. It's hardly primetime news that Dublin supporters on Hill 16 are shouting abuse at a referee and umpire, is it?

mannix

HARDY                                                                                                                                                                        Why not just call him son.