Seperate Hurling Forum

Started by bottlethrower7, June 18, 2007, 01:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJGaliv

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 18, 2007, 02:10:17 PM
We used to have some great threads and people on here following the small ball, but since football was reinvented in or around 2002 there is a noticable absense in the hurling chat.

The biggest culprits are all the county football and hurling threads that keep pushing down the national threads, I never view them if they are no interest to me but its annoying when they takes over the whole show.

Put the county threads in one section and let anything pertaining to Intercounty activity stay in the main GAA page.

KM ducks under the desk for the barrage of expected replies from the followers of county threads.

I'd second this.
What about breaking it into three; Intercounty Football, Intercounty Hurling, and Club GAA.

SuperDooperCooper

Jesus all this agreeing is getting worrying but yes I also offer my support for both motions,
   - Separate forum for Hurling chat
   - Separate forum for county discussion threads (Official Armagh, Mayo, Tyrone, Kerry etc)
Agree with AZ, there is no need for a separate thread for other sports, they all belong in the non GAA discussion place.

Donagh

Typical Free State Partitionists!!!

rosnarun

how about a seperate hurling organization and let them take their devils piss guiness with them. Save a lot of fixture congestion and  the poor Dubs woun't be hounded out to RTE 1 again.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ONeill

Any chance having a rounders board? Any threads on rounders are swallowed up by threads calling for a separate board for something else.

Maybe a Kerry board - used by one man/woman from January til August. Then about 9 in Sept.
Meath board - for rough talk
Armagh board - for text speak/drunken rants
Cavan board - as long as it's free
Mayo board - for funeral notices/other depressing topics
Derry board - for talking about how good your sister looks today
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Homer

In principal I would support a separate Hurling section but what about General GAA discussions? Croke Park, Dual Players, etc.

Also what about the odd thread concerning Handball or other GAA sports?

EDIT- ONeill beat me to it on the second point but he seems to have left out a Tyrone board for organising dog fights.

thebandit

I agree wholeheartedly about the hurling thread, and I agree with the basic principle of splitting into club and county boards, but I wouldn't want it split up any more than that

Leith_Limerick_Lad

I reckon a seperate Hurling and Football board would be a good idea.

Gabriel_Hurl

I see the club sub-forum is open

gaaboard

I've opened up a local GAA forum. A place for local club discussions, offical county threads etc.
How the do we organise the remainder?
-Hurling, Football and General Discussion
-Hurling and General Discussion

Gabriel_Hurl

gaaboard

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 18, 2007, 05:55:28 PM
Football
Hurling
Local
The general issues, administration, Croke Park, discipline, TV coverage, rules etc would still need a natural home.

The Real Laoislad

How about a seperate one for soccer.. it would free up a lot of stuff on the Non-Gaa forum
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

I think Football on it's own

and Hurling and General Discussion as the other. There'll be more football posts that hurling, so to balance the load I'd say organise them that way.

Well done Admin though, it's definitely for the better.

thebandit

What about Hurling on its own to promote hurling discussion here?

If it is lumped in with general stuff it may get forgotten about again