How does the current Dublin team compare with the Tyrone team 2003-2008?

Started by johnpower, September 22, 2015, 07:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: heffo on September 26, 2015, 01:15:25 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 26, 2015, 11:38:01 AM
Quote from: heffo on September 26, 2015, 08:25:22 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 25, 2015, 11:31:26 PM
A good point has been made here about funding, a large major of counties and especially clubs in the 6 counties has enjoyed lotto funding (It helped us build our football pitch and club house) where down south, they have never enjoyed the benefit of the same type of funding. I know a team in swords and a team in Gorey which basically had to self fund to build there facilities. You don't hear that side of the argument when bitching about Dublin's funding

I've mentioned it several times but it always brushed under the mat.

The Ulster council received £120m in funding from the British govt - puts Dublins primary school funding in the halfpenny place.

Flesh that one out.

It's been fleshed out numerous times by me including links to sources - doesn't fit the agenda of 'fior gaels' around here though.

I'm too busy celebrating the start of a great dynasty, do your own homework.

Yes £120m in funding for 9 Counties including funding of a number of Clubs' capital projects. . . Compared to what Dublin yes 1 County are getting  ::) ::)

Yes Dublin are the best team in the Country and rightly so but let's not pretend they haven't a huge competitive advantage over other counties in terms of numbers, facilities, profile, sponsorship, support and add in the fact that they play all their matches on the same pitch it's pretty formidable.

I think any County that has won an All Ireland other than Dublin should be extra proud of the fact. Also it's a fairly damning indictment of the failure of Dublin that they've only won 4 All Ireland's in thirty odd years and went a whole 16 without one!!!

muppet

Quote from: WT4E on September 28, 2015, 11:10:29 AM
Can't believe Brian McGuigan doesnt make every team - in my opinion he is the greatest 11 of all time. Far more important to Tyrone than B Dooher IMO.

Flynn over Dooher.

McDonald over McGuigan as he had far less to work with. Imagine blondie picking passes to Canavan and O'Neill?

It looks as if I am picking on Tyrone but I'm not. Ricey gets the nod over Philly the terrible.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I'd rate McGuigan the most skilful player on that Tyrone side.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Club Rossa

I see that in Ballinascreen's competition where you pick your best 15 since 2000,Peter Canavan has picked 2 Dubs,Cluxton and Connolly with only 1 Tyrone man,Brian McGuigan.
Oisin cConville has Cluxton and Connolly also but has 3 Tyrone men.McMenamin,Jordan and Canavan.