Who will win the 2024 Ulster title

Donegal
27 (56.3%)
Armagh
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

tonto1888

Quote from: lurganblue on April 29, 2024, 09:09:52 PMDrunken louts can have loyalty too

And could well have been at all the league games

tonto1888

Quote from: armaghniac on April 29, 2024, 10:32:47 PM
Quote from: joemamas on April 29, 2024, 09:42:33 PMClarification

seeing drunken louts at a GAA game sickens me.

My apologies, I misunderstood.

Quote from: LC on April 29, 2024, 10:24:46 PMWhen it comes to Armagh matches would the worst of the offenders in terms of the drunken louts be from a certain part of the County (near the M1)?  Previous experience would lead me to believe this is the case but I am happy to be proven wrong.

A south Armagh person would want to be sober enough to watch the game.

At the Armagh Galway quarter final game in CO the Sri Ken Armagh fans fighting in the bogs who knocked my nephew over weren't form north or south Armagh. I can tell you that

Armagh18

The North Armagh ones can't drink for shite ;) Not helped by that awful awful yappy accent that gets more and more annoying with the drink.

Having said that, I've not issue with ones taking drink before a match to an extent where they can enjoy themselves and cause no hassle, but theres always idiots taking it too far. Clowns fighting etc and taking away from other peoples enjoyment.

armaghniac

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 29, 2024, 10:48:45 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on April 29, 2024, 09:09:52 PMDrunken louts can have loyalty too

And could well have been at all the league games

I just don't think that someone interested enough to go to all the league games would get absolutely pissed before the game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lazer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2024, 10:35:05 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on April 29, 2024, 10:27:24 PMIf someone  is clearly  drunk while entering the ground , can they not be  refused entry?

There  are other events/establishments  people would be refused entry to  in such a state, so why  not a GAA match as well?

Stewarding needs to be better..

But the jovial attitude towards young lads 'enjoying' themselves usually gives them a bye ball

My parents didn't go this year cause they couldn't face the same crowd as last year (and they are very much hill or nowhere - not fans of the stand!).
I went but went to the Pat McGrane stand and it was fine but it was really obvious the same louts were back this year.

No respect for the minutes silence or anthem for a start.

Personally I would now avoid the hill in Clones (although I do get the impression that it's mostly Armagh fans)
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

balladmaker

A handful of Down supporters in the Gerry Arthur stand let themselves down to the point more sensible Down supporters intervened to tell them to wise up.

Middle aged men and women being extremely provocative with personal insults to Armagh players and supporters.  They should know better.

armaghniac

Quote from: Lazer on April 29, 2024, 11:20:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2024, 10:35:05 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on April 29, 2024, 10:27:24 PMIf someone  is clearly  drunk while entering the ground , can they not be  refused entry?

There  are other events/establishments  people would be refused entry to  in such a state, so why  not a GAA match as well?

Stewarding needs to be better..

But the jovial attitude towards young lads 'enjoying' themselves usually gives them a bye ball

My parents didn't go this year cause they couldn't face the same crowd as last year (and they are very much hill or nowhere - not fans of the stand!).
I went but went to the Pat McGrane stand and it was fine but it was really obvious the same louts were back this year.

No respect for the minutes silence or anthem for a start.

Personally I would now avoid the hill in Clones (although I do get the impression that it's mostly Armagh fans)

Go in the Roslea road entrance and either sit behind the goals or stand on that side of the Hill, then no bother.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

snoopdog

Quote from: balladmaker on Today at 01:11:07 AMA handful of Down supporters in the Gerry Arthur stand let themselves down to the point more sensible Down supporters intervened to tell them to wise up.

Middle aged men and women being extremely provocative with personal insults to Armagh players and supporters.  They should know better.
There are idiots everywhere unfortunately. No place for that nonsense. Drunk or sober.

Applesisapples

Like the guy at  the soccer who thinks its ok to give the w**ker gesture to opposing players, I can't stand people who think it is ok to abuse players or mentors from the other county/club. It is sport, nobody dies if your team is beaten and there are more serious issues in the world. As an Armagh man I was absolutely disgusted back in the two Brians era when Paudie O'Se one of the greatest GAA men of all time, got a stream of abuse from a so called Armagh fan in the Cusack as he walked the line. The crowd around him reminded him that Paudie had achieved more than he could even dream of, he attempted to get physical but was put in his box by  a woman sitting behind him. Drink taken of course, but this is nothing new and has no place in our games. Drunks should not be allowed in. To call a spade a spade, pun intended, there is an element mainly from Lurgan who only go  to championship games that are liquored from  early morning that let everyone else down.

general_lee

There is unfortunately a big lout element that follows Armagh, Lurgan is the biggest town in the county so proportionally has more louts. It is also geographically further for fans to travel to any other county ground in Ireland so the buckfast brigade get at least an extra half hour drinking time on the bus than anyone else. Thats not to say there are louts from every corner of the county, I've seen my fair share of hallions make fools of themselves and they're weren't Lurgan people.

Estimator

Was in the O'Duffy Terrace with the family for the Ulster Final last year. Couldn't believe the amount of alcohol an Armagh fan in front of us managed to get into the ground. He'd a cool bag full of cans. Not that he needed any more ale.. he soaked everyone in his vicinity when Armagh equalised, shaking cans and spraying them everywhere.

Obviously no checking of the bags on the way in and stewards clearly didn't want to deal with it in any way.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Armagh18

Quote from: Estimator on Today at 10:12:31 AMWas in the O'Duffy Terrace with the family for the Ulster Final last year. Couldn't believe the amount of alcohol an Armagh fan in front of us managed to get into the ground. He'd a cool bag full of cans. Not that he needed any more ale.. he soaked everyone in his vicinity when Armagh equalised, shaking cans and spraying them everywhere.

Obviously no checking of the bags on the way in and stewards clearly didn't want to deal with it in any way.
Fair play to him for getting the drink in, garda were checking bags on the way up to the stadium last year and even though i wasnt drinking was made up the coat etc but maybe I'm just a dodgy looking fella!

grounded

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 29, 2024, 03:01:14 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 28, 2024, 06:02:21 PMOdds

Paddy Power

Donegal 8/13
Armagh 6/5

Boyle Sports

Donegal 4/5
Armagh 11/8

Draw is 7/1

All the expectation on Donegal to succeed. Would go against logic if McGeeney (holding back Armagh according to some) was to topple a Donegal side managed by McGuinness with a clear focus to win Ulster since he returned.

I cant see Armagh playing as badly again.
  They drew in the league and then lost narrowly in the final to Donegal.
  11/8 for them seems decent value.