The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

I didn't see the game but from what I am hearing there seems to be a lot of complacency in this Irish team. Trimble and Buckley were the best because they are good players who have been overlooked for selection and are motivated. This is why we lost a game against Scotland in Croke Park, why Rob Kearney is playing poorly and still getting his game ahead of Murphy.

It is a dip in form and there needs to be a bit of a shake up to get things kick started. The grand slam is dead and gone and any players trading on being a part of that team need to go out and prove it again.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: J OGorman on June 12, 2010, 10:26:06 AM
Buckley was motm. Other positives were odriscoll, d'arcy, trimble and murphy when he came on. 4 tries and poss trimble's for a 5. Heaslip should hang his head in shame, let so many folk down with us on the nz line. Hard lesson.

NZ were amazing to watch @ time, Carter and their 'reserve' full back were a class apart

And to Hoof Hearted...I worked with Mark Robson for a few years, an absolute gent..yer a mighty big man dissin a decent bloke with yer nickname on an internet forum

maybe he is JOG but i hate his commentary. And although Hoof Hearted is very obviously not my name, i dont hide annon behind a nickname or a keyboard like most. My name is out there.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

GBXII

He is a very annoying commentator in fairness. Heaslip fairly ruined any chance of a competitive game though I would say the All Blacks were always going to win. Decent second half from Ireland though.

muppet

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 12, 2010, 09:53:24 AM
Is that Mark Robson commentating on Sky?? Can someone tell him it's Tuohy not Chewie  ???

Chewie would make a great number 8!!! I wonder is he qualified for Ireland.

MWWSI 2017

magickingdom

rugby is played at a different level in the southern hemisphere

tyroneboi

How long a ban is Heaslip likely to get? Who is likely to fill the number 8 shirt now?

ludermor

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 12, 2010, 11:10:55 AM
Buckley was motm. Other positives were odriscoll, d'arcy, trimble and murphy when he came on. 4 tries and poss trimble's for a 5. Heaslip should hang his head in shame, let so many folk down with us on the nz line. Hard lesson.

NZ were amazing to watch @ time, Carter and their 'reserve' full back were a class apart

And to Hoof Hearted...I worked with Mark Robson for a few years, an absolute gent..yer a mighty big man dissin a decent bloke with yer nickname on an internet forum

maybe he is JOG but i hate his commentary. And although Hoof Hearted is very obviously not my name, i dont hide annon behind a nickname or a keyboard like most. My name is out there.
And your name is???????

stephenite

Quote from: ludermor on June 12, 2010, 02:04:57 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 12, 2010, 11:10:55 AM

And your name is???????

Probably one of John/Joe/James/Jimmy/Jacinta/Jerimah/Jesus/ O'Gorman.

It's not anon though :D

Bord na Mona man

Realistically Ireland are never going to do well playing in the Southern Hemisphere at the end of the season.
Too many injuries and fatigue.

Great to see Buckley do so well. He offers dimensions in open play that Hayes doesn't.
If you are to criticise Buckley's scrummaging, then bear in mind that Irish scrum is now a busted flush with Hayes propping. At least Buckley has scope to improve.

Start Sexton, Murphy and maybe Reddan against Australia and see how it goes.

Eastern_Pride

What in the name of jaysus just happened down in New Zealand? Thats not on, conceding near on 70 points should be left to the group stages of the World Cup to teams like Romania and Portugal. I know we were missing a whole other team of players but 38 points???
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on June 12, 2010, 03:05:45 PM
What in the name of jaysus just happened down in New Zealand? Thats not on, conceding near on 70 points should be left to the group stages of the World Cup to teams like Romania and Portugal. I know we were missing a whole other team of players but 38 points???

Playing with only 14 men for 50 minutes of the game and then down to 13 for another ten would be hard against any team but against the best team in the world... that explains your 38 points

Second half performance seemed to be very commendable according to the Kiwi commendators (I caught the last 15 minutes of the game)
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 12, 2010, 04:08:21 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on June 12, 2010, 03:05:45 PM

Playing with only 14 men for 50 minutes of the game and then down to 13 for another ten would be hard against any team but against the best team in the world... that explains your 38 points

Second half performance seemed to be very commendable according to the Kiwi commendators (I caught the last 15 minutes of the game)
At the time i had only caught the score now. Seeing that score now would caome as a bit of a shock in all fairness.

Dinny Breen

Only watched a re-run now...

Positives

Buckely and Trimble, Mushy might have a future after all

Negatives

O'Gara settled the out-half debate not that there should have been any debate at all, he was woeful today and Sexton is simply miles ahead of him, I'd have Humph junior ahead of him.

Is there a worse scrum half in International rugby than O'Leary?

Jamie Jamie Jamie, you dumb twat.

Rob Kearney, stop believing the hype and start delivering, Murphy much much sharper and should be starting..

Is Declan Kidney Eddie Mark II?
#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

Eastern_Pride