Tony will love this !

Started by Hoof Hearted, July 04, 2008, 01:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

MAybe someone knows what they are doing can find a link for this story

----------------------------

Fans of NI Soccer team are up in arms after a playstation game featuring them plays The Soldiers Song when they win. :D

Apologies if this is another thread somewhere
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

nifan

A mate was telling me about this.
It plays danny boy in the intros, but when you win it plays the soldiers song!

T Fearon

Old news...but further confirmation of the non existence of the North East of Ireland statelet in the greater global perspective ;D

Orior

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 04, 2008, 01:47:49 PM
MAybe someone knows what they are doing can find a link for this story

----------------------------

Fans of NI Soccer team are up in arms after a playstation game featuring them plays The Soldiers Song when they win. :D

Apologies if this is another thread somewhere

LOL. So where did you read about this?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnneycool

It's not that long ago than a Norn Iron amateur leaque representative team were invited to a tournament in either Spain of Portugal and as they lined out for their first game the soldiers song played out over the tannoy. It's not an urban myth as their manager used to work with me and he showed me the video of it.

Solomon Kane

It could be worse. We could be wetting our panties every time we are referred to as a "home nation" in the Brit media ;D

armaghniac

QuoteWe could be wetting our panties every time we are referred to as a "home nation" in the Brit media

No doubt you are all chuffed that someone thinks you are a nation.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Solomon Kane

Quote from: armaghniac on July 04, 2008, 05:45:04 PM
QuoteWe could be wetting our panties every time we are referred to as a "home nation" in the Brit media

No doubt you are all chuffed that someone thinks you are a nation.

At least they got something right ;)

armaghniac

QuoteAt least they got something right

Well I suppose it is shorter than saying "home two thirds of a province" (and one in which people in two thirds of the area want you closed down).  :P
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ExiledGael

It's in the Derry Sentinel. It's not old news either, though it has happened before with another game. It's on the official Euro 2008 game, Gregory Campbell is quoted in the paper welcoming the apology and saying maybe it's the only time Norn Iron fans want the team to lose the final. It happens when your team lifts the trophy.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: armaghniac on July 04, 2008, 07:22:49 PM
QuoteAt least they got something right

Well I suppose it is shorter than saying "home two thirds of a province" (and one in which people in two thirds of the area want you closed down).  :P

Only some people ;) ;D

Aerlik

World Cup 1982 in Spain.  I think v. Honduras...the statelet's flag on the electronic scoreboard was none other than the true flag of all Ireland.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

fred the red

Quote from: Aerlik on July 06, 2008, 04:25:33 AM
World Cup 1982 in Spain.  I think v. Honduras...the statelet's flag on the electronic scoreboard was none other than the true flag of all Ireland.

At least the 1/3 of the flag represented them!

Solomon Kane

Quote from: fred the red on July 06, 2008, 10:24:06 AM

Speaking personally, none of it represents me.

fred the red

Quote from: Solomon Kane on July 06, 2008, 10:48:08 AM
Quote from: fred the red on July 06, 2008, 10:24:06 AM

Speaking personally, none of it represents me.

Are you not a man of peace?