Nordie Pub Opening Hours - Rugby World Cup

Started by Don Johnson, September 19, 2011, 01:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

With hopefully a decent run in the Rugby World Cup coming up over the next few weeks I was wondering if anyone knew of any bars that are planning to open early for the games?

I've heard in Dublin they've been given a special dispensation to open early for the games and can serve drink, I see too that there was a huge crowd in the O2 on Saturday for the Australia game. Will anywhere in the North be able to open in the next few weeks, specifically in Belfast? I imagine member only Rugby clubs can open but what about for the general public? If we manage to get to a semi-final against England or France it would seem a shame to miss out on what would be a fantastic occasion and great craic.

The Belfast City council website says they're planning to show the final on the big screen in the grounds of the City Hall but no word of any of the earlier games. I'm not sure standing in the rain under the shadow of Belfast City Hall sounds very appealing anyway.

Ulick

The Bot showed them when the world cup was in Australia - bar open and all. Not sure if they're doing it this time though. 

Rois

The Errigle is opening for the games but doesn't serve drink.  Appears to be doing breakfasts.

fitzroyalty

The Bot have been doing it this year and AFAIK have been serving alcohol.

Don Johnson

Cheers guys. Will try out the Bot for the Italy game in two weeks and see what the craic is.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 19, 2011, 04:15:57 PM
Cheers guys. Will try out the Bot for the Italy game in two weeks and see what the craic is.

Sure what about ur regular haunt? It opens at that time world cup or no world cup and your one of the faces there.

snoopdog

surely your local rugby club will be showing it???

Don Johnson

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 19, 2011, 04:25:19 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on September 19, 2011, 04:15:57 PM

Sure what about ur regular haunt? It opens at that time world cup or no world cup and your one of the faces there.

Ai I know but lookin to gather up a rip round Belfast in the next few weekends!