Bars in Liverpool showing GAA?

Started by Don Johnson, February 21, 2011, 05:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Heading over to Liverpool for a mates birthday at the weekend.

Only dawned on me I would be missing the Down v Armagh match on Saturday night.

I think it is on Setanta though. Would O'Neills be showing this do you think? Any other (possibly better than O'Neills) alternatives?

Big Puff

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

St.Michael's Irish Centre

http://www.stmichaelsirishcentre.org/

6 Boundary Ln
Everton, Liverpool, Merseyside L6 5JG, United Kingdom
0151 263 1808

(St. Michael's Irish Centre
6 Boundary Lane
off West Derby Road
Liverpool
L6 5JG)

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

supersarsfields

Oneills will prob show it alright. I have to say I prefer Pogues on Seal street for watching the football. But don't go there if you like your luxuries ( Not that O Neills is much better).
The Irish centre on Boundary Road ( I think that's the road) does a good pint for cheap as chips as well. They'll all be showing the GAA.

Edit* MGHU got there ahead of me.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: supersarsfields on February 21, 2011, 05:32:56 PM
Oneills will prob show it alright. I have to say I prefer Pogues on Seal street for watching the football. But don't go there if you like your luxuries ( Not that O Neills is much better).
The Irish centre on Boundary Road ( I think that's the road) does a good pint for cheap as chips as well. They'll all be showing the GAA.

Is Pogues not on Ranelagh Street! I know its across from the Raz (Blue Angel) anyways.
There is the Liffey on Lime Street, they involved with A Camoige team, so I'm sure they will show the G.A.A.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

By the way I was wrong about Pogues being on Ranelagh St, it is indeed on Seel St. across from the bombed out church.

supersarsfields

Naw it's on Seal street. Rough pub but I always had good craic in it and better value than Oneills.

A right few nights I stumbled from Pogues across to the Razz.  Course you'd need a new pair of shoes the day after if you go to the razz.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: supersarsfields on February 21, 2011, 05:40:09 PM
Naw it's on Seal street. Rough pub but I always had good craic in it and better value than Oneills.

A right few nights I stumbled from Pogues across to the Razz.  Course you'd need a new pair of shoes the day after if you go to the razz.

Bring your own toilet roll  :D

Lads the Raz is like the Liverpool version of Copper Faced Jacks, 2 pints of fat frog for about £3  :o Best night in there is monday night, holy fck isn't it monday tonight  ;)

Don Johnson

Quote from: supersarsfields on February 21, 2011, 05:32:56 PM

Edit* MGHU got there ahead of me.

Cheers for the replies lads.

I am intrigued by the 'luxuries' you speak of though?? What would they be?

A diverse group of lads going over, some from Down, some from Armagh. Saturday night should be fun.

supersarsfields

Let's just say the toilet facalities wouldn't be great!!  :D
But it's a nice pub and usually live music in it on sat night aswell. 

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: supersarsfields on February 21, 2011, 05:54:44 PM
Let's just say the toilet facalities wouldn't be great!!  :D
But it's a nice pub and usually live music in it on sat night aswell.

The toilets in O'Neills are kips too, especially the back ones. Another nice Irish pubs are Shennanigans on Tithbarn Street, but they more likely to be showing soccer, but will switch over if you ask. There are loads more Irish pubs in the city.

Supersarsfields, am I right in saying quite alot of bars/pubs of high and low standards on Seel Street have a no bogroll policy, so you have to bring your own. Is Pogues one of those bars?

Mickey Linden

Didn't realise u followed the league Don. Good to see it being broadcast to a wider, more mainstream audience

supersarsfields

Not sure about the bog roll tbh. Never ventured into the cubical, didn't fancy taking my life into my hands!! But saying their basic is being polite!!
Shennanigans is a nice pub. But it's always got the soccer on!  Used to live beside then for a year or so!!

sammymaguire

Just go to O'Neills. Big screen and plenty of tellies and easy access to a large bar if there is a decent crowd about... Closer to other (decent) bars too if you are looking for an escape from the Irish folk to meet some friendly female natives  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!