The late great Dermot Earley documentary

Started by ross4life, February 20, 2011, 08:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

A documentary on the remarkable life and career of the late Lt. General Dermot Earley,Cloch Le Carn will be shown on RTE 1 at 7.30 p.m on Monday, February 21st. Cloch Le Carn literally means "A stone to the Heap" and is an Irish expression which lauds a person for his or her achievements. This is a programme not to be missed by G.A.A. followers in Roscommon and throughout the country.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross matt

Quote from: ross4life on February 21, 2011, 07:29:47 PM
On now

Just watched it. This website had numerous fine tributes to him when he died but tonight's documentary exalted him even more in one's eyes.

Despite all the times I saw him play in the flesh I'm still now so amazed (when watching clips) at what a powerful well balanced athlete and skilfull two footed footballer he was. Then when you assess his army career he was such a high achiever in all walks of life.

Never has this country required leadership by setting example as much as it does now. Dermot ticked all those boxes and was clearly a man taken too soon who had even more to offer this nation.

His wife and son exuded dignity despite their obvious pain when discussing his immense loss and horrible illness. Hayden and Fitzmaurice spoke so movingly and were clearly in awe of him even though they played with him.  Great men from great times for Roscommon football talking about the greatest Rossie of them all. RIP Dermot.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...