Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2019, 11:05:21 AM
They're not solutions. They're aspirations.
There is enough money in the UK to kickstart growth.

BBC viewers seem to have a very negative view of Corbyn for some reason.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossfan on November 08, 2019, 10:49:17 AM
I presume 8 DUPUDA shoe ins, hopefully they lose both North and South Belfast but will possibly gain North Down.
Presumably 5 SF shoe ins plus hopefully North Belfast and Fermanagh/Tyrone.
SDLP hopefully South Belfast and possibly "Foyle".
Have Alliance or the cowardly UUP any chance of a seat?

Alliance best hope is in the east. I think they have a chance. I don't think the UUP have any chance at all.

Jury is our on whether north down will move to alliance. I don't think so though.

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on November 08, 2019, 11:12:32 AM

He doesn't help himself at times and needs to come down harder on gobshites within his own party like Ian Byrne who needs booted out.

imtommygunn

The likes of that boy who quit the other day should have been long gone. Tom Watson was it?

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2019, 11:36:46 AM
The likes of that boy who quit the other day should have been long gone. Tom Watson was it?

Watson was his own man and had differing opinions to Corbyn but I don't think he was ever controversial in a disgusting manner like Mogg and the likes.

If anything he will be a loss to Labour as allegedly it was he that pushed hard on the second referendum policy with Corbyn against it.

five points

Quote from: johnnycool on November 08, 2019, 11:43:12 AM

Watson was his own man and had differing opinions to Corbyn but I don't think he was ever controversial in a disgusting manner like Mogg and the likes.

Are you mad? His promotion of the fantasist paedophile Carl Beech and his disgusting lies about innocent people was outright criminal. If there's any justice, he'll do porridge for it.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2019, 11:22:41 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 08, 2019, 10:49:17 AM
I presume 8 DUPUDA shoe ins, hopefully they lose both North and South Belfast but will possibly gain North Down.
Presumably 5 SF shoe ins plus hopefully North Belfast and Fermanagh/Tyrone.
SDLP hopefully South Belfast and possibly "Foyle".
Have Alliance or the cowardly UUP any chance of a seat?

Alliance best hope is in the east. I think they have a chance. I don't think the UUP have any chance at all.

Jury is our on whether north down will move to alliance. I don't think so though.

I'd say ND is a safe DUP gain. The reason LSH held onto it for so long was because she abandoned the incompetent UUP long ago.

johnnycool

Quote from: five points on November 08, 2019, 11:53:17 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 08, 2019, 11:43:12 AM

Are you mad? His promotion of the fantasist paedophile Carl Beech and his disgusting lies about innocent people was outright criminal. If there's any justice, he'll do porridge for it.

Whilst you've a point, I think there's plenty in the Met Police and Scotland Yard who'll also do time for the Carl Beech episode.
Using parliamentary privilege to name people without hard evidence is hardly a new thing, just ask the Paisleys.

No doubt Watson will regret his involvement in that.

gallsman

Yeah, everyone should get their news from Pravda instead.

red hander

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2019, 12:43:22 PM

As opposed to Daily Mail, Express and Sun?

gallsman

Quote from: red hander on November 08, 2019, 12:45:33 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2019, 12:43:22 PM

As opposed to Daily Mail, Express and Sun?

The previous post explicitly references the BBC.

Franko

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2019, 10:53:33 AM
The problem is that Corbyn's gang don't actually have any solutions to anything. They can just criticise. I think we can all agree "Protect the NHS" is a great idea. The most important question is "how?". You only have to look at examples of Abbott and Corbyn himself bumbling around the place unable to work their calculators to demonstrate how much spoofing they actually do.

Defeats the UK government have suffered have been down to the bungling incompetence of the Tories and the fact the UK has absolutely no idea what it wants out of Brexit, not because of some political mastery from Corbyn. Look at the way he and Labour have flip flopped all over the place with regards to the election as an example. Look at his absolute inability to stop the party fracturing. "Hey lads, let's all agree to zero tolerance on racism and sectarianism" shouldn't be a difficult concept for a Labour leader to pull together.

And don't ever forget that he's a Brexiteer himself.

The UK is absolutely fucked. If it's a choice between Johnson or Corbyn, the best option would be to pack the bags and move abroad.

Unfortunately, back in the real world, that's not really an option for most.  It is indeed a choice between Johnson or Corbyn.  So it's Corbyn every day of the week.

I've been critical of him recently, mostly due to his (lack of) stance on Brexit.  But Labour now have a clear policy on this which I feel could be supported, which is about time.

Regarding his unfitness for office due his fiscal competency, I'm not sure if you've been reading too much of the Sun or whatever but I think it's wildly overblown.  Mentioning Abbott means I suspect that you've succumbed to the Tory propaganda massage that emanated from her failure to perform correct mental arithmetic on live TV.  Saying that they don't have solutions for anything is frankly, a bit lazy.

trailer

Corbyn is incompetent and un-electable. Pandering to the unions and marxist left isn't what we need in a government.

balladmaker

The problem is that Corbyn's gang don't actually have any solutions to anything. They can just criticise. I think we can all agree "Protect the NHS" is a great idea. The most important question is "how?". You only have to look at examples of Abbott and Corbyn himself bumbling around the place unable to work their calculators to demonstrate how much spoofing they actually do.

Defeats the UK government have suffered have been down to the bungling incompetence of the Tories and the fact the UK has absolutely no idea what it wants out of Brexit, not because of some political mastery from Corbyn. Look at the way he and Labour have flip flopped all over the place with regards to the election as an example. Look at his absolute inability to stop the party fracturing. "Hey lads, let's all agree to zero tolerance on racism and sectarianism" shouldn't be a difficult concept for a Labour leader to pull together.

The UK is absolutely fucked. If it's a choice between Johnson or Corbyn, the best option would be to pack the bags and move abroad.

I'd prefer to have a border poll first.

gallsman

Quote from: Franko on November 08, 2019, 01:09:51 PM

Unfortunately, back in the real world, that's not really an option for most.  It is indeed a choice between Johnson or Corbyn.  So it's Corbyn every day of the week.

I've been critical of him recently, mostly due to his (lack of) stance on Brexit.  But Labour now have a clear policy on this which I feel could be supported, which is about time.

Regarding his unfitness for office due his fiscal competency, I'm not sure if you've been reading too much of the Sun or whatever but I think it's wildly overblown.  Mentioning Abbott means I suspect that you've succumbed to the Tory propaganda massage that emanated from her failure to perform correct mental arithmetic on live TV.  Saying that they don't have solutions for anything is frankly, a bit lazy.

I haven't succumbed to Tory propaganda whatsoever, you don't have to. Herself and Corbyn have repeatedly exposed an inability to either be financially competent, or articulate said financial competency. Both, unfortunately, are necessary.

As for Labour having a clear stance on Brexit, do they really? Or is it simply electioneering?