Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: The Monument Road on February 02, 2017, 10:38:47 PM
Quote from: Pablo Escobar on February 02, 2017, 06:34:59 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on February 02, 2017, 10:09:03 AM
Quote from: Laois fan on February 02, 2017, 09:42:46 AM
Hardly madness think it's the best possible move for barrow house if the three clubs eventually do join up,I presume they will be weak enough at underage level but it's a start.Think ballylinan will suffer but maybe they have enough numbers and wanted to go by themselves, Joseph's get what they deserve...
Whole sale madness at its best. B/house will be swallowed up by the Arles group, that will cause splits( already surfacing with certain players looking and wanting  to join St Josephs.) and at the end only St Josephs benefit. The combination helped B/house enormously as seen by their recent success....the last combination between Kileen and themselves almost destroyed the club. Arles should be as was in the original Arles club. One team, one club, and one colour (Maroon) with a parish juvenile combination under the old umbrella of St Michaels

It seems Barrowhouse joining the Arles' has annoyed you greatly . If they didn't start pursuing their players then more than likely the amalgamation would have remained. Barrowhouse like Kyle, Ballypickas etc are now having to fight harder and harder for their existence. They more than likely felt under threat that Josephs would pick their talented youth. Unlike other clubs the house never had much of a history of outward transfers the Kingstons being a notable exception. This would suggest a loyalty and love of their club. But they were definitely not born and bred Barrowhouse men. The amalgamation with the Arles makes sense . 3 clubs with similar playing pools. Geographically tight  and all with the same motive to develop every single juvenile player. Josephs in reality never needed Barrowhouse to compete but they did need them to win. I'd imagine countless youngsters in the Arles' and Barrowhouse have been lost to game because they weren't getting the game time necessary and therefore unable to develop. Don't be annoyed monumental road. You may not win as much as you did but at least countless more Josephs youngsters will get games now that the Barrowhouse lads are gone .

The previous amalgamation with Killeen nearly destroyed the club. This is news to me. Care to enlighten us?
Firstly i'm most certainly not annoyed as I don't have any connection with St Josephs although I do admire them greatly and have good friends from up there.
I do agree with a lot of what you say but  I do remember in the past when B/House played with the Arles parish teams at juvenile level and it done nothing for them. The first 15 always came from that parish and Barrow house players were left sitting on the side lines. Why they decided to leave the Joes/B/house combination beggars belief as they actually benefited greatly from that agreement and always got a fair deal.

Pursuing players Pablo, are you sure of this. As far as i'm aware and i'm fairly sure of this, St Josephs never chased any player from Barrow house and never pursued some of their present players who can legally play with St josephs as they live in Ballyadams parish.

The case involving Brian Daly is a personal decision by the player himself. Nothing to do with St josephs.

At the end of the day if Daly is refused his request, St Josephs will march on anyway. Barrow House will be at the beck and call of the Arles clubs and when they do join up Barrow house will be left to fend for themselves. Pity

Firstly I'm glad we cleared up that you are not a Josephs man 😂. Secondly Barrowhouse should be thanking Josephs for not poaching more of their players .  If Joseph's were the club I thought they were then they would have told Daly to F off with his transfer (if there is even a transfer, you seem to know more than most). I know it's not universally popular within the club you admire. By entertaining the transfer they have disbanded the almalgamation. I hope you can realise that.

I always thought Josephs did things the right way but ever since the whole relegation debacle I've begun to lose respect. This just adds to it.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on February 02, 2017, 11:32:03 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on February 02, 2017, 10:38:47 PM
Quote from: Pablo Escobar on February 02, 2017, 06:34:59 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on February 02, 2017, 10:09:03 AM
Quote from: Laois fan on February 02, 2017, 09:42:46 AM
Hardly madness think it's the best possible move for barrow house if the three clubs eventually do join up,I presume they will be weak enough at underage level but it's a start.Think ballylinan will suffer but maybe they have enough numbers and wanted to go by themselves, Joseph's get what they deserve...
Whole sale madness at its best. B/house will be swallowed up by the Arles group, that will cause splits( already surfacing with certain players looking and wanting  to join St Josephs.) and at the end only St Josephs benefit. The combination helped B/house enormously as seen by their recent success....the last combination between Kileen and themselves almost destroyed the club. Arles should be as was in the original Arles club. One team, one club, and one colour (Maroon) with a parish juvenile combination under the old umbrella of St Michaels

It seems Barrowhouse joining the Arles' has annoyed you greatly . If they didn't start pursuing their players then more than likely the amalgamation would have remained. Barrowhouse like Kyle, Ballypickas etc are now having to fight harder and harder for their existence. They more than likely felt under threat that Josephs would pick their talented youth. Unlike other clubs the house never had much of a history of outward transfers the Kingstons being a notable exception. This would suggest a loyalty and love of their club. But they were definitely not born and bred Barrowhouse men. The amalgamation with the Arles makes sense . 3 clubs with similar playing pools. Geographically tight  and all with the same motive to develop every single juvenile player. Josephs in reality never needed Barrowhouse to compete but they did need them to win. I'd imagine countless youngsters in the Arles' and Barrowhouse have been lost to game because they weren't getting the game time necessary and therefore unable to develop. Don't be annoyed monumental road. You may not win as much as you did but at least countless more Josephs youngsters will get games now that the Barrowhouse lads are gone .

The previous amalgamation with Killeen nearly destroyed the club. This is news to me. Care to enlighten us?
Firstly i'm most certainly not annoyed as I don't have any connection with St Josephs although I do admire them greatly and have good friends from up there.
I do agree with a lot of what you say but  I do remember in the past when B/House played with the Arles parish teams at juvenile level and it done nothing for them. The first 15 always came from that parish and Barrow house players were left sitting on the side lines. Why they decided to leave the Joes/B/house combination beggars belief as they actually benefited greatly from that agreement and always got a fair deal.

Pursuing players Pablo, are you sure of this. As far as i'm aware and i'm fairly sure of this, St Josephs never chased any player from Barrow house and never pursued some of their present players who can legally play with St josephs as they live in Ballyadams parish.

The case involving Brian Daly is a personal decision by the player himself. Nothing to do with St josephs.

At the end of the day if Daly is refused his request, St Josephs will march on anyway. Barrow House will be at the beck and call of the Arles clubs and when they do join up Barrow house will be left to fend for themselves. Pity

Firstly I'm glad we cleared up that you are not a Josephs man 😂. Secondly Barrowhouse should be thanking Josephs for not poaching more of their players .  If Joseph's were the club I thought they were then they would have told Daly to F off with his transfer (if there is even a transfer, you seem to know more than most). I know it's not universally popular within the club you admire. By entertaining the transfer they have disbanded the almalgamation. I hope you can realise that.

I always thought Josephs did things the right way but ever since the whole relegation debacle I've begun to lose respect. This just adds to it.
You have your opinion and I have mine. I respect everything I read hear and I respect peoples opinions. Where people are from and who they support is irrelevant. I just voice my opinion but I do talk to people from all clubs ...its part of being interested in all  matters GAA so I can tell you a transfer has been submitted and has been instigated by the individual alone with no poaching or coaxing involved. As Ripley used to say believe it or believe it not. That's for you to decide Pablo. I also have an opinion on the relegation saga a few years back Involving St Josephs AND Stradbally AND Arles and what they done was only natural. If you see a loop hole you use it. Analogy  I once used a loop hole to avoid a traffic offence where I produced my dads driver licence in a garda station  when I didn't have one of my own, that was back in the day when licences didn't have Photo ID. If you have a gripe Pablo about that relegation saga you should voice your dissatisfaction at the powers that be who messed it up...I have a flight to catch in a few hours so I cannot continue this conversation tonight but I look forward to a continuation tomorrow. cheers.

Pablo Escobar

Don Draper

Just because a loophole exists doesn't mean you always have to take it.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on February 03, 2017, 07:59:40 AM
Just because a loophole exists doesn't mean you always have to take it.
true but when you get a choice it's only natural to take advant of he choice that suits you.....

High Fielder

As far as I can gather, this is Daly's wish. There is no issue with regards to poaching. He is giving a lot of commitment to football and doesn't feel Barrowhouse are similarly committed. Having asked about, it seems as if Barrowhouse's training numbers are poor, and were very bad last year despite winning a Junior. So you can see both sides, even if you mightn't agree with one or both.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on February 03, 2017, 12:59:45 PM
As far as I can gather, this is Daly's wish. There is no issue with regards to poaching. He is giving a lot of commitment to football and doesn't feel Barrowhouse are similarly committed. Having asked about, it seems as if Barrowhouse's training numbers are poor, and were very bad last year despite winning a Junior. So you can see both sides, even if you mightn't agree with one or both.
The club don't have to take the player, regardless of it being his wish.

High Fielder

True, but it's a little bit more than principle on the line here. He has probably played more in the Josephs jersey than the Barrowhouse one. He has good friendships there, has enjoyed a fair bit of success, and arguably has more of an affiliation with Josephs. It's tricky. I can see why lads might say it isn't, but I think it's a mess, and I feel sorry for the lad himself. It's As for Josephs, what is their crime?

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on February 03, 2017, 01:07:22 PM
correct they don't have to but have you ever heard of that happening....let's be real here. If a player is looking to transfer why would you try stop him/her...

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on February 03, 2017, 01:21:24 PM
True, but it's a little bit more than principle on the line here. He has probably played more in the Josephs jersey than the Barrowhouse one. He has good friendships there, has enjoyed a fair bit of success, and arguably has more of an affiliation with Josephs. It's tricky. I can see why lads might say it isn't, but I think it's a mess, and I feel sorry for the lad himself. It's As for Josephs, what is their crime?
This is the danger for junior club joining at underage with senior clubs. Identity. In this instance though, the player has played 4 or so year in the Barrowhouse jersey, so I don't buy this. As for Josephs crime, its taking another clubs player.

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on February 03, 2017, 01:23:32 PM
correct they don't have to but have you ever heard of that happening....let's be real here. If a player is looking to transfer why would you try stop him/her...
Doesn't make it right. We have morals or we have nothing. Josephs have plenty of their own to compete and win, this will stain any subsequent win.

High Fielder

The majority will agree with you Don but it's not as black and white as all that in my mind. Certainly not from the player's point of view. He's trying to get on in a club that might have limited ambition. From what I have heard, there were training sessions down there with 6 or 7 turning up.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on February 03, 2017, 01:30:08 PM
Doesn't make it right. We have morals or we have nothing. Josephs have plenty of their own to compete and win, this will stain any subsequent win.
I very much doubt that it would stain anything...bar some people's prejudice.Did similar transfers stain  Stradballys win last year. A CLUB right next to barrow house are full of transferred players and their success isn't stained. What's the difference with this one ...

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on February 03, 2017, 01:52:42 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on February 03, 2017, 01:30:08 PM
I very much doubt that it would stain anything...bar some people's prejudice.Did similar transfers stain  Stradballys win last year. A CLUB right next to barrow house are full of transferred players and their success isn't stained. What's the difference with this one ...
Of course they were stained.

I understand it may seem like I have an issue with Joes, but I don't. I just don't agree with this.

High Fielder

In principle, and wearing the GAA hat, nobody could agree with it. But this is the result of professional type training and different expectations nowadays. I've been arguing for a long time that this situation needs to be addressed, but who gives a shite about Barrowhouse? Nobody in Croke Park and nobody in the County Board