Underdogs

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 15, 2006, 06:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuperDee

I have to agree. The problem is when you criticise womens football you are attacked like you are a savage. Like it or not there is a physical element to the game. When it is played by girls this is removed and it makes a terrible site to watch. As well the skill level may be poor in mens football but it is worse in the womens game. There are a number of reasons for this. The standard of coaching is poor - and much of the coaching is provided by men- so this is not a sexist remark. I watched a training session recently when there were 16 players using 1 ball with a bag of balls lying beside the coach. Also many of the players are very young - and have not yet become experienced players because they are quitting too early and due to family reasons do not return to coaching.

One other problem  - which will unfortunately attract criticism - is the attitude to many womens teams in a club setting. There is an arrogance there that will not accept direction or look for help - or will make a genuine effort to cooperate with the male players and coaches.

But rather than be against the game i thing it is greeat both in terms of a chance to develop a more healthy life style by getting more girls involved actively in sport and a family occasion is provided when everyone can go to the games

4everGAA

when is the show on... cant find it in my tv mag ;D
If it doesnt matter who wins the game, then why do they keep the score?

macdanger2

Saw an ad for this on TG4 looking for applicants if anyone on the board fancies it

Jinxy

You would imagine that this concept has even more potential now in the age of social media.
Glad to see it back as I really enjoyed it when it was on before.
I still remember some lad not making the cut and him going on a rant about how he'd "make bits of Ciaran Whelan" (the final game was against Dublin).  ;D
Think it was Jarlath Burns who bore the brunt of his ire.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trailer

Read this thread from the start. It was started about the Ladies version. Some of the comments are absolutely shocking and have not at all aged well.

Jinxy

Yeah, I've reported everyone for sexism.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: trailer on May 18, 2018, 10:13:47 AM
Read this thread from the start. It was started about the Ladies version. Some of the comments are absolutely shocking and have not at all aged well.

Did you have the pleasure of the mucksvages thread? That certainly would have opened your eyes!!!

Fill your boots

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13888.0

Jinxy

Some amount of knuckles being dragged in that thread.
The 6 counties really are 20 years behind the rest of us.