M3 Motorway - Now Open

Started by Homer, June 03, 2010, 02:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Well BB I hope it will stop the heavy trucks from coming through the mainstreet but maybe it's because I'm used to the secret bypasses I never found it that bad traffic wise. 

Billys Boots

Well it was never easy on a Saturday morning turning into that industrial estate where Dunshaughlin Youths used to play.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 04, 2010, 02:14:43 PM
Should make Dunshaughlin a nicer place to live, no?  ;)

Is it still in Meath??  ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Homer

Open now according to AA's website:

Quote*M3/MEATH* The new 60km stretch of the M3 Clonee to Kells motorway is open to traffic. • The scheme extends from the end of the existing Clonee bypass to the Meath/Cavan border. • Bypassing Dunshaughlin, Navan and Kells, the M3 has the potential to cut an hour or more off peak-time journeys between Co Cavan and Dublin.

Declan

QuoteWell it was never easy on a Saturday morning turning into that industrial estate where Dunshaughlin Youths used to play.

Quicker coming across through Swords and Ratoath Billy ;) Sure next season you'll fly out!!

QuoteIs it still in Meath?
I was going to say that if the postcode was changed to D 29 it'd be a nicer place to live alright but that would only start a row

Hardy

Hey, what's the story? The M3 tolls are only €1.30, while the M7/M8 ones are €1.80!

Are we paying extra for looking at the mountains on the way to Cork? Or is it a strategy to keep a lid on the number of Langers going to Dublin, like?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2010, 11:30:50 PM
QuoteI thought all roads beginning with N had a default of 100kph, with the local councils allowed to change them if deemed necessary. Then the R roads are 80kph and so on, no?

Exactly There won't be an N3 in County Meath tomorrow. There'll be the M3, speed limit 120 kmh and the R147 (once called N3)  speed limit 80 kmh.
Ah, I see. It'll obviously be a lot more dangerous now that there is less traffic on it. ::)

BallyhaiseMan

No more need for the leaving an hour early from work in Dublin,to get home for 8pm games on Friday.
The Boss will be happy.

ziggysego

Have you noticed that with all these new dual carriageways and motorways that are all interconnected, the only one that isn't connected to anything, is the one for Derry/Tyrone?!?
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Quote from: Hardy on June 04, 2010, 04:19:51 PM
Hey, what's the story? The M3 tolls are only €1.30, while the M7/M8 ones are €1.80!

Are we paying extra for looking at the mountains on the way to Cork? Or is it a strategy to keep a lid on the number of Langers going to Dublin, like?

Yea but it's 1.30 twice...

sammymaguire

it will be Ziggy when the new M2 Monaghan/Blayney/Carrick by-pass is fully completed
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ludermor

there is not a whole lot happening between galway and donegal.

Rossfan

Quote from: Hardy on June 04, 2010, 04:19:51 PM

It's €2 bloody 90 on the M4  :(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 03, 2010, 03:24:46 PM
My home town of Durrow was by passed last week, I was down there today but the lorries are still going through it because the toll is €6 for a lorry

I drove the new M7 section after Portlaoise the other day and I thought the surface was very poor for a new motorway. Very rough and bumpy in parts. What's the new M8 section like?

I commute a lot to Limerick and it's great not to have to go through that dump Mountrath anymore. Hopefully they'll pull the finger out and get the rest of the road done in the next few months. I've heard the Castletown-Nenagh section will be open by September. I reckon it'll be months before the Birdhill-Limerick section is open though - the clowns have a 600 yard stretch of road that's sinking into a bog at Silvermines! It's almost as bad as that rare snail that held up the Kildare/Monasterevan motorway for ages.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Celt_Man

Quote from: ludermor on June 04, 2010, 05:31:40 PM
there is not a whole lot happening between galway and donegal.

In general or just roadwise??  ;D