China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on March 10, 2020, 11:00:59 PM

I thought this was a nice simple graphic to explain the need for taking responsible action over the next while. Just in case anyone out there was still insistent on being a dick.

So this whole thing will be over in half the time if we don't take protective measures?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Niall Quinn on March 11, 2020, 03:24:57 AM

I thought this was a nice simple graphic to explain the need for taking responsible action over the next while. Just in case anyone out there was still insistent on being a dick.

So this whole thing will be over in half the time if we don't take protective measures?

Perhaps.  But how sure can we be of any significant conclusions we draw from a picture of a puffin lying on its back?

Maurice Moss

Work in a building of 200+ people or so in Belfast. I've been fairly critical of our response to this whole coronavirus response and have been on at them for weeks to get people the ability to work from home. We've an office in Portadown also and in Dublin. I was speaking with a colleague in Portadown yesterday and she told me that they had a member of staff who was working in an isolated room on his own as he was at the same party as the Portadown footballer that tested positive a few days ago. He was in close contact with the footballer for an extended period of time. This guy wasn't sent home, he was put into a room and allowed to work from there as no ability to work from home. To me this is highly reckless and is a disaster waiting to happen.

In my office, I work in very close proximity with a guy from St Galls who was in the bar at the same time as their club member was who has now been confirmed as positive. He went to management to express concerns and they told him not to worry and to let them know if he had any symptoms then they would look at him taking time off.

Seriously considering laying off work for a few days as its going to dramatically shoot up and I literally cannot risk being exposed. I, and I'm sure along with many others, have very close family members that would be in the mortality bracket. If they get it, it's game over.

seafoid

Quote from: Niall Quinn on March 11, 2020, 03:24:57 AM

With say 20,000 deaths
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

53 Pages. It's like the old Tyrone V Armagh threads. Will we beat 100? 200? Although we might not, as the virus takes hold and everyone dies like many seem to expect.

Keyser soze

Trailer you are one seriously weird person.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: AFM on March 10, 2020, 10:10:35 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 10, 2020, 09:59:42 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 10, 2020, 07:59:06 PM

Not in the slightest. My issue is with this man who seems to have a rather odd obsession with me because I don't really want to take to an internet message board expressing life as we know it is over. Please disregard any general point directed at him because I've just taken to prodding him now.

I'm willing to reply in a normal manner with anyone else about this - my point is that I grew up in Ulster during the troubles, without the whole sob story, unfortunately I've seen things that kind of stick with you. I've had enough of life living in fear and wondering what the next week is going to bring. This Covid 19 may well continue around for months, it may not. I just won't be taking heed to sensationalists like this guy in here.

"I grew up during the Troubles" is the strangest excuse I've heard yet for playing down the threat of this virus.

The man is a sociopath couldn't give a flying one about anyone, ffs is he the only one grew up in the troubles, no doubt they didn't touch him either so he didn't give a f**k.

Eloquent AFM.

Swearing is a key sign of a lack of education, something that has been plainly obvious with you in this thread.

Didn't even acknowledge the link I sent about a 2nd person being cured (all being well) of HIV. For someone so keen to force feed the bad news on one virus that the large majority recover from, it would seem strange to not even acknowledge positive news about a disease that has killed 32 million on a quick google search (And currently affects 32-44 million).

You said something about being a sociopath? HIV doesn't affect me because I'm not gay I suppose your one of "those" people.

Away and have a read of the thread in the general discussion about the medical status of the board members here.

You only think you have problems you sanctimonious little tosser.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 10, 2020, 09:59:42 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 10, 2020, 07:59:06 PM

Not in the slightest. My issue is with this man who seems to have a rather odd obsession with me because I don't really want to take to an internet message board expressing life as we know it is over. Please disregard any general point directed at him because I've just taken to prodding him now.

I'm willing to reply in a normal manner with anyone else about this - my point is that I grew up in Ulster during the troubles, without the whole sob story, unfortunately I've seen things that kind of stick with you. I've had enough of life living in fear and wondering what the next week is going to bring. This Covid 19 may well continue around for months, it may not. I just won't be taking heed to sensationalists like this guy in here.

"I grew up during the Troubles" is the strangest excuse I've heard yet for playing down the threat of this virus.

It's not downplaying it, not one bit. It's that it won't, all being well and within Govt regulations change my day to day life in any way if I can help it. Which I'm sure you'll agree is a reasonable thing for anyone to do.

The problem with AFM is, he/she/"it" thinks that if you don't lock yourself up here your a carrier and is really bordering on Schizophrenia in this thread and has already accused me of carrying the disease for Christ sake.

trailer

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 11, 2020, 09:22:21 AM
Trailer you are one seriously weird person.

Here, have you seen the people stockpiling toilet paper? That's weird.

quit yo jibbajabba

*swearing is a sign of the uneducated

*signs off calling someone a tosser

;D
keep er lit lads

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 11, 2020, 09:42:58 AM
*swearing is a sign of the uneducated

*signs off calling someone a tosser

;D
keep er lit lads

Not much a pig recognises only a grunt is the old saying, isn't it  :(

93-DY-SAM

This thread is seriously depressing and not because of the threat of Covid-19 but for the simple face people can't have a reasoned debate without the need to constantly snipe at each other to the point that getting the dig in is the number one objective. Any debate or conversation is completely lost. People don't always agree but why the need to keep with retaliation after retaliation.

Mourne Red

My own 2 cents, I don't think its much too worry about - It is mostly killing older people which if you see mortality rates in China/Italy compared to Germany (lower age population) is why deaths are so high in those countries. The stockpiling which has started is causing people to panic to get out to the shops so they have necessities, although the 10 bags of pasta the man infront of me had this morning was taking the piss a bit.

I do think the NHS will collapse (be allowed too) under the stress and it will be sold off privately why BoJo hasn;t called a country lockdown for UK

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on March 11, 2020, 07:26:37 AM
With say 20,000 deaths

If you let rip then you could have 100,000 deaths on the island.
60% of the population get it, 2.5% die. If the latter % seems high it is not if the health service gets overwhelmed, as happened in Wuhan and now some cities in Italy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B