2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

I reckon Sugrue will opt for experience in the first game.
Brody
Attride Timmons Kelly
Strong Begley Buggie
O'Loughlin Glynn
Donoher P Kingston Farrell
Munnelly O'Carroll Walsh

Positions could be interchangeable but something like that? Who else is in the running? Lowry? Lillis? Collins? Moore? Hardly start Donie?

Butch Cassidy

You won't be far off with that team SCFC. Only issue is that team is lacking pace around the middle. Could Evan do a job midfield alongside Johnno if he ups his work rate? Dillon should also start too, he had raw pace which we badly lack.

Any other corner back we could put in to release Attride around the middle?

Laoisguy

Kelly is out...had a few poor performances getting skinned at times

Delighted for Dowling and hope Collins is in too

High Fielder

It surprises me at times how highly rated some lads in Laois are. Often with very little justification. If John Sugrue has the ability to make lads work harder, he will do well. I look at some names here and in all honesty they don't strike me as team players . Their presence on any team puts so much pressure on our backs because they don't know how to tackle and don't work hard enough. We need to be smarter without the ball, hold onto it longer when we get it, and toughen the f**k up. Sounds simple, but it hasn't been the case for a long time now

blueandwhite1

Quote from: SCFC on January 15, 2018, 07:21:19 PM
I reckon Sugrue will opt for experience in the first game.
Brody
Attride Timmons Kelly
Strong Begley Buggie
O'Loughlin Glynn
Donoher P Kingston Farrell
Munnelly O'Carroll Walsh

Positions could be interchangeable but something like that? Who else is in the running? Lowry? Lillis? Collins? Moore? Hardly start Donie?

This looks a lot like the team that got us relegated from both Div 2 and 3. Personally, would like to see more pace and new faces.

From the Terrace

agree with blueandwhite1, the kelly lad corner back i think he is dropped off panel probably due to be roasted in stradbally. Aswell not sure about strong & donoher.

O moore parklife

Brody

Holland Timmons nerney
Collins Begley attride

Jol Evan

Farrel Kingston o Reilly

Munnely walsh Lowry

For freshness sake. Buggie out injured i hear

Laoisguy

Quote from: High Fielder on January 15, 2018, 11:27:54 PM
It surprises me at times how highly rated some lads in Laois are. Often with very little justification. If John Sugrue has the ability to make lads work harder, he will do well. I look at some names here and in all honesty they don't strike me as team players . Their presence on any team puts so much pressure on our backs because they don't know how to tackle and don't work hard enough. We need to be smarter without the ball, hold onto it longer when we get it, and toughen the f**k up. Sounds simple, but it hasn't been the case for a long time now

Exactly.....pace and work rate to be upped please

There's a team picked by parklife with jol and Evan this pair would be rolling around with each other in a headlock ....chawing each other about who's tracking back....no tks

SCFC

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on January 15, 2018, 09:09:48 PM
You won't be far off with that team SCFC. Only issue is that team is lacking pace around the middle. Could Evan do a job midfield alongside Johnno if he ups his work rate? Dillon should also start too, he had raw pace which we badly lack.

Any other corner back we could put in to release Attride around the middle?
I completely forgot Dillon and if as someone said Buggie is injured he'd fit in well there at 7.
And Collins instead of Kelly if he has been dropped from the panel.

The Monument Road

Quote from: O moore parklife on January 16, 2018, 08:45:56 AM
Brody

Holland Timmons nerney
Collins Begley attride

Jol Evan

Farrel Kingston o Reilly

Munnely walsh Lowry

For freshness sake. Buggie out injured i hear
In fairness this is probably close to the best available we have at the moment but, a lot of them wouldnt get close to a B selection a lot of other counties. IMO two of the above forwards are average defenders, one of the selected midfielders has never played there for his club. We are where are and it will take a new generation of footballers to get us back to even a mid section footballing county

OTF

It would be helpful to know what the full panel is after the cut.
I'm a bit supersized that Ross might be a starter at this point.

The priority in my view would be to introduce 10 replacement players over the next two years, winning div 4 with and old team and then struggling to remain in div 3 wouldn't represent progress. Now if we were to win it with say 7 or 8 new players now that would be something. 

redsetanta

The best thing that Sugrue could bring to the table is a change in attitude and work rate amongst the players along with structure and organisation. The main thing though is attitude. There are some decent footballers there if he gets them all working together.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

mmmm interesting team picked there by O'Moore Park-life

Brody

Holland Timmons nerney
Collins Begley attride

Jol Evan

Farrel Kingston o Reilly

Munnely walsh Lowry

Does that leave

Donoher
Strong
Lillis
Cahilane
Benny Carroll
Collins
Moore
Dillion
Glynn
Forbes
Dowling
Chris Finn
Piggot
Eoin Kehoe
Mcevoy Portlaoise
P Mcevoy Ballylinan
Ruari Fennell
Whelan- Ballyroan
Murray Rosenallis

Quigley -Injured -again will surely play some part if available

Buggie -Injured I hear

Conway -Injured -Probably play some part as he is so dedicated

Obv Kingston is back as well 

Thats 38 so I'm sure there is one or two on the above list gone?

Am I missing anyone

Or have some of these been cut...

From this page I have seen Coss ,Luttrell and Kelly have gone?

Who have we lost since last year?
Jamie Farrell ???-good club player dropped from panel last year

James Finn-abroad pity as he could have been a great option around the middle

Meaney-Not involved again we could do with him being around

McMahon-Retired?I'm not sure still be a nice option

Booth-Not involved??Not sure if he is up to the pace of it anymore but was okay early last year

Damien O'connor???-Good option in my opinion

A Doran????-Didn't do much last year despite gettin a lot of chances

Brian Daly???-Good talent don't know if he is in or out?

LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Laoisguy

moore,coss,kelly,luttrell,forbes and Murray are gone

Kingston and O'Connor back in