Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone95

Quote from: Dire Ear on January 16, 2017, 10:47:53 AM
What's the story now with McKenna cup semi-final qualification??
Not quite sure but I would presume that Tyrone have to beat Donegal and hope UUJ beat Cavan? Haven't saw any updated tables to confirm this

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone95 on January 16, 2017, 11:23:52 AM
Not quite sure but I would presume that Tyrone have to beat Donegal and hope UUJ beat Cavan? Haven't saw any updated tables to confirm this

Based on yesterdays performance I'd expect Cavan to dispose of UUJ so Tyrone will be looking at the best runner up spot and yesterdays score-line will assist them in making that.  Tyrone will have to beat Donegal handsomely also because Armagh are also placed well after their demolition of QUB. 
Living the dream!!!

WBF

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 16, 2017, 11:29:27 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on January 16, 2017, 11:23:52 AM

Based on yesterdays performance I'd expect Cavan to dispose of UUJ so Tyrone will be looking at the best runner up spot and yesterdays score-line will assist them in making that.  Tyrone will have to beat Donegal handsomely also because Armagh are also placed well after their demolition of QUB.

It was a very under strength UUJ team, will all depend I would imagine on what players are available against Cavan

Fuzzman

The tables are up on the Ulster GAA website

The highest 2nd place position is still very much up for grabs.
Armagh play Down on Wed and if they win that they will win the group with a current point difference of +15. Down are on 4 points but with only +4. A draw would not be enough for Armagh to qualify.

In section B Monaghan look likely winners playing St Marys on Wed night with 2nd place Fermanagh with a point diff of +5 due to meet Antrim at home on Wed night.

In section C Cavan will surely overcome UUJ and so win the group with Tyrone probably taking 2nd place if they beat Donegal. Tyrone currently have a score difference of +9 so I suppose it will come down to the Fermanagh v Antrim match and unless Fermanagh win by 5+ more than Tyrone beat Donegal then Tyrone go through.

If Derry should also hammer Queens they too have a chance of qualifying but again Tyrone have a 9 point advantage over them as Derry are on +0.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 16, 2017, 12:42:01 PM
The tables are up on the Ulster GAA website

The highest 2nd place position is still very much up for grabs.
Armagh play Down on Wed and if they win that they will win the group with a current point difference of +15. Down are on 4 points but with only +4. A draw would not be enough for Armagh to qualify.

In section B Monaghan look likely winners playing St Marys on Wed night with 2nd place Fermanagh with a point diff of +5 due to meet Antrim at home on Wed night.

In section C Cavan will surely overcome UUJ and so win the group with Tyrone probably taking 2nd place if they beat Donegal. Tyrone currently have a score difference of +9 so I suppose it will come down to the Fermanagh v Antrim match and unless Fermanagh win by 5+ more than Tyrone beat Donegal then Tyrone go through.

If Derry should also hammer Queens they too have a chance of qualifying but again Tyrone have a 9 point advantage over them as Derry are on +0.
Cheers for that

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: WBF on January 16, 2017, 10:06:49 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on January 16, 2017, 09:56:36 AM
I see from the report of the match in the IN that the free taking duties were scattered around again, is that right?
Petey, Brennan, McHugh, R.ONeill all scoring 1 free each.
Nice to see Lee Brennan getting 6 points from play.

Who are B McDonnell, N.Kelly and M.McKernan?

Ben McDonnell & Niall Kelly - Errigal and then Michael McKernan -Coalisland.

I think this was a case of a few of the u21 lads being called up to make up numbers i would assume?
After the player losses against Cavan, a few of the U21s were called up to fill out the bench, not surprising consideing only Morgan, McClure, O'Neill and McCurry were named subs.

Archie Mitchell

Goes on scoring average, not difference.

I think if Tyrone win it should see them through. The fact that Armagh play Down means winner goes through as group A winners. Monaghan and Cavan should win their final games so it will all then come down to the scoring average of Tyrone, Derry and Fermanagh (providing they all win) for best 2nd place team, with Tyrone best placed out of the 3 of them at the minute.

Mikhailov

surely down are in with a shout even if they lose against Armagh as best runner up

Archie Mitchell

If they lose their scoring average will decrease and the other teams will see their average increase providing that they win.

skeog

6 in a row looks good again with big Sean returning.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: skeog on January 16, 2017, 04:18:11 PM
If Mickey's troops do pull this one out of the fire, then it will be the best of the 6 by far.

seanmc123

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 16, 2017, 05:05:04 PM
If Mickey's troops do pull this one out of the fire, then it will be the best of the 6 by far.

Surly last years was the best no? 2 men down, 3  points down, 3 minutes left and we draw and win in extra time.

BennyHarp

Quote from: seanmc123 on January 16, 2017, 05:55:23 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 16, 2017, 05:05:04 PM

Surly last years was the best no? 2 men down, 3  points down, 3 minutes left and we draw and win in extra time.

Hopefully someone will have the good sense to release a Kerrys Golden Years type DVD of the 6 in a row!
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

benny youve just summed up whats wrong in tyrone right now. your salivating over the prospect of 6 in a row mc kenna cups. and if it happens you will be hailing mickey as some kind of genious. utterly pathetic.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 16, 2017, 11:15:47 PM
benny youve just summed up whats wrong in tyrone right now. your salivating over the prospect of 6 in a row mc kenna cups. and if it happens you will be hailing mickey as some kind of genious. utterly pathetic.

Aye that's what's happening alright.
That was never a square ball!!