Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Harte saying game at weekend against Jordanstown is critical  :o Why do they try to hype up this nonsense?

jp2020

Quote from: longballin on January 13, 2017, 09:57:55 AM
Harte saying game at weekend against Jordanstown is critical  :o Why do they try to hype up this nonsense?

So he can provide a reason for putting out full strength team against a university, while other counties throw out u21s and last years subs! Oh and of course to provide sound-bites so he can put his mug in the papers and the news is about him!

Fuzzman

2008 certainly was an interesting year when you look back at that starting team and think of the players we were missing from other years. No Peter Canavan, Brian McGugian, Stephen O'Neill (though he came back for that 1 game), Gerard Cavlan and Chris Lawn was only a sub. Of course Dooher and Cavanagh were immense but the rest of that forward line punched above themselves in a way. McCullagh was a good freetaker and Sean was hitting good long range frees from his hands as well.
To come through the back door and beat Mayo, then Dublin and Wexford was quite impressive with using Sean at FF where he didn't particularly like playing. I must admit I thought we were there for the taking that year with Kerry in the final but I think the experience we had from winning the first two Sams stood to the team and to Mickey in the final.
If Mickey had of retired the year before I don't know would we have won that third Sam or have come back from the defeat against Down in the first round.

On another note, it sounds like a few of ye on here want us to lose on Sunday or will use anything to have a pop at Mickey. Winning is a good habit to be in and once you start losing games it's often hard to turn that around again. Would you be happy going into the league having lost all 3 McKenna cup games?

The Trap

Anyway the general consensus is we have no man markers at the back able to mark good players like JOD and we have no forwards good enough to play up in the full forward line. We don't really have a good midfield either...........but we are not far off winning the All Ireland!
Listen I don't think anyone could win Sam with the current Tyrone team so I don't mind if it is Mickey or not.

seanmc123

Quote from: The Trap on January 13, 2017, 11:05:36 AM
Anyway the general consensus is we have no man markers at the back able to mark good players like JOD and we have no forwards good enough to play up in the full forward line. We don't really have a good midfield either...........but we are not far off winning the All Ireland!
Listen I don't think anyone could win Sam with the current Tyrone team so I don't mind if it is Mickey or not.

The General Consensus by you it must be?? Because as a good Tyrone man living in Omagh i do not see that the problem. I think our forwards need the most work but our defense is very good i would think along with others.

Bit of tweaking in our game plan this year going forward and we wont be far away.

Are you going tomorrow night ?

skeog

Nothing critical about the game but no harm keeping players competitive.

omagh_gael

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has made seven changes to the side that is due to take on UUJ in Omagh on Saturday night.  Cavan with Mickey O'Neill, Padraig Hampsey, Justin McMahon, Cathal McCarron, Colm Cavanagh, Niall McKenna and Ronan McHugh all come into the starting fifteen.  The game however is in doubt as TTM can reveal that a pitch inspection is due to take place in Omagh on Saturday afternoon.  If the game is postponed it is likely to take place in another Tyrone venue on Sunday afternoon.

Comórtas: Corn an Dr Mhic Cionnaith
Cluiche: Ollscoil Uladh v Tír Eoghain
Ionad: Páirc Uí hÉilí, an Omaigh
Dáta: 14 Eanáir 2017

1 – Mickey O'Neill – Cluain Eo – 18 appearances
2 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail – 9 appearances
3 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh – 101 appearances
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór – 87 appearances
5 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mhór – 50 appearances
6 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair – 45 appearances
7 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór – 13 appearances
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh – 123 appearances
9 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn – 31 appearances
10 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin – 105 appearances
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mhór – 18 appearances
12 – Cahir McCullagh – An Caisleán Glas – 1 appearance
13 – Lee Brennan – Trí Leac – 8 appearances
14 – Niall McKenna – Domhnach Mór – 40 appearances
15 – Ronan McHugh – Achadh Uí Aráin – 1 appearance

rrhf

Quote from: The Trap on January 13, 2017, 11:05:36 AM
Damian Mc Caul

Redhand Santa

Quote from: jp2020 on January 13, 2017, 10:35:28 AM
Quote from: longballin on January 13, 2017, 09:57:55 AM

So he can provide a reason for putting out full strength team against a university, while other counties throw out u21s and last years subs! Oh and of course to provide sound-bites so he can put his mug in the papers and the news is about him!

Kerry have named ten players this Sunday who played against Dublin in the semi last year. What way does that leave things? Is it ok to put out a strong team now cause they have in their competition?

southtyronegael

headline on back page of irish news, 'uu clash 'critical' says harte'. what an embaressment to the the people of tyrone who take so much pride in their football. pure and utter fame seeking trash talk.

redzone

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 13, 2017, 10:07:27 PM
headline on back page of irish news, 'uu clash 'critical' says harte'. what an embaressment to the the people of tyrone who take so much pride in their football. pure and utter fame seeking trash talk.

f**k u are a clown

BennyHarp

But you were complaining that they lost v Cavan? Now your complaining because he's taking this game seriously! I don't know if you have ever played at any level at all but sometimes it's a good thing to treat every game as important, not to let standards slip, after a poor performance Mickey wants to get the team back into a winning habit. Would losing to UU not be a bigger embarrassment to the people of Tyrone who take so much pride in their football? I for one am glad we have a manager who takes the role seriously.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

winning games in july,august and september is all that matters. i couldnt give a shite if they lost every mc kenna cup game.

vallankumous

I'm just going to assume those two separate quotes were in the context of the McKenna cup and not an All Ireland QF.

I think your 'embarrassment' 'trash talk' is something similar to what you are accusing.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 13, 2017, 10:59:27 PM
winning games in july,august and september is all that matters. i couldnt give a shite if they lost every mc kenna cup game.

If you took any pride in your football and weren't just a July - Sept supporter then you wouldn't want to lose every McKenna cup game. I assume you don't go to these matches? You'd be the strange guy with all the Tyrone gear on shouting for the opposition salivating at the thought of getting back on here to slag off Mickey. Winning is a habit and breeds confidence, i'd never criticise a manager for winning games. Throwing a load of U21 or squad players in all at once serves no purpose. Getting hammered doesn't give those players the opportunity to show what they can do. Playing 4 or 5 new players alongside more established players gives them a fair chance to compete, show what they can do in a competitive game and show they are on the same wavelength as the rest of the more established players. I see no problem in Mickeys strategy for the McKenna cup.
That was never a square ball!!