Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2010

Started by drici, January 14, 2010, 11:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angermanagement

In the Irish Star Harry Bradley states it was a Cross substitute that shouldered him in the back as the penalty was ready to be hit whatever way you look at it to hit someone with their back to you is a cowardly and unnecessary act.

thewanderer

as stated on another thread crossan is totally biased for st galls all year and should return to writing about silly junior soocer in north belfast. what a little twat cj is why didnt he try to play football instead of running around after the referee complaining about every decision. cross are no angels thats for sure and once again took no notice to ulster council regulations by not even wearing designated offical bibs and continually encroaching on the field. but good luck to them they know how to get away with it. was the sly dig not noticed by the linesman but im sure the galls water carrier wasnt too bad and im sure had his pint that evening.

Milltown Row2

Player, Sub, or official i would not be putting in a complaint. I never heard anyone talking about it after the match or in the club afterwards.

Cant be sour grapes either as we were beaten by a better team on the day. As for CJ giving off about the referee, i wouldn't go to press about it but i think the referee tried to lay down an early marker so that the game wouldn't become to hard to control. Some referees do that so that they can have a quieter day.

Wanderer lay off the rant on CJ, me thinks your very jealous of him, or fancy him :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 02, 2010, 03:28:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2010, 03:16:41 PM
Disillusioned, you really are a WUM. The statement does not say if it was a player or an official. I also didn't realise you had to have a fitness test to perform water carrying duties, as the duties are very dangerous with the chance of getting struck from behind.

Knowing Harry well, he just probably feels aggrieved no action was taken at the time by the linesman.
I see CJ has lambasted the ref, followed by a onesided view of proceedings from Brendan Crossan, in todays IN. Crossan only seemed to see culprits in Black and Amber.

He is forever bumbing and blowing about the McGourtys, nothing new there.

I think there was apicture in yesterdays Irish News or Irish Star which showed the 'waterboy' on his hole.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DuffleKing

In fairness lads, this was a fair heavy hit from behind on a fella not remotely expecting it. A lot of people saw it at the time. It was a cross sub who was steaming up and down the line warming up. impossible to know if there were verbals previously as the player was passing but it was a very heavy hit at full speed.

crossfire

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 02, 2010, 09:02:54 PM

In fairness lads, this was a fair heavy hit from behind on a fella not remotely expecting it. A lot of people saw it at the time. It was a cross sub who was steaming up and down the line warming up. impossible to know if there were verbals previously as the player was passing but it was a very heavy hit at full speed.

Is yer man Bradley out of hospital yet. ???

DuffleKing

Just explaining what i saw cf. The severity of the damage i can't tell you though. It was not a nice piece of work from a player i had never seen that side of before

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: crossfire on November 02, 2010, 10:09:22 PM

Is yer man Bradley out of hospital yet. ???

There you go. It's okay to pull strokes like this if person doesn't get bad injury but then there is uproar when there is a report of someone getting badly hurt. Can't see how we can have it both ways.   

crossfire

LRT Fox

Interpreter needed.

I haven't a clue what you are trying to say.

thewanderer

a lot of people saw it at time. ur correct there but you must not have seen it. it happened just at the time of the penalty and it was a cowardly act but not by a player or sub. a lot of people know who it was including neutrals. but im sure cross will identify him. ;)

supersub

Half way through the week and not much talk about this weekends match, all concentrating on last weeks events. What's the thoughts on the two teams? Surely Burren must be hot favourites for this one - anyone had a look at the odds today?

illdecide

First comment on the game. Cross deserved their win, no doubt about that. Majority of people fancied St Galls, i personally had a few quid on the draw. But what breaks a smile with me was the fact the City men thought they'd just turn up in South Armagh with a swagger and sweep Crossmaglen aside but were sent home sore and their tails between their legs.

I don't agree with that guy getting hit on the sideline but Cross laid down a marker early on when Hanratty nailed the midfielder and let them know what was coming. The gaunching to the Ref didn't surprise me one bit, they're prob all Ireland champions at that too.

On this weeks game i think Burren will win by 2-3pts which would set up some game against Crossmaglen, Burren have the players to win the Ulster but def will be some game if they can beat Coleraine...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

nrico2006

Quote from: illdecide on November 03, 2010, 11:14:26 AM
First comment on the game. Cross deserved their win, no doubt about that. Majority of people fancied St Galls, i personally had a few quid on the draw. But what breaks a smile with me was the fact the City men thought they'd just turn up in South Armagh with a swagger and sweep Crossmaglen aside but were sent home sore and their tails between their legs.

I don't agree with that guy getting hit on the sideline but Cross laid down a marker early on when Hanratty nailed the midfielder and let them know what was coming. The gaunching to the Ref didn't surprise me one bit, they're prob all Ireland champions at that too.

On this weeks game i think Burren will win by 2-3pts which would set up some game against Crossmaglen, Burren have the players to win the Ulster but def will be some game if they can beat Coleraine...

Who are Burren's star players?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bogball XV

Quote from: supersub on November 03, 2010, 10:35:52 AM
Half way through the week and not much talk about this weekends match, all concentrating on last weeks events. What's the thoughts on the two teams? Surely Burren must be hot favourites for this one - anyone had a look at the odds today?
Evs your pick with the draw a standout 7/1 - this could go either way, but given Down sides recent record in Ulster, I think Coleraine will edge it.