The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Boycey on October 26, 2019, 11:33:13 AM
New Zealand put to the sword by England in convincing fashion.... England better in every department of the game..

Nz were dung confirms how shit we were last week. England very impressive should win it now.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 26, 2019, 11:38:45 AM
Quote from: Boycey on October 26, 2019, 11:33:13 AM
New Zealand put to the sword by England in convincing fashion.... England better in every department of the game..

Nz were dung confirms how shit we were last week. England very impressive should win it now.

Looked a class above New Zealand

Captain Obvious

That Irish heavy defeat looks worse now. Fair play to England they are very much the team to beat in the final.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 24, 2019, 02:09:35 PM
I am quite cynical when it come to drugs but knowing Heaslip's Dad, a man who testified against Slobodan Milosevic during war crimes trial in the Hague, I would be very very surprised. What I will say though, Jamie completed his degree in Biomedical Engineering as a full-time student before becoming a professional rugby player. That's a lot S&C to make up on........

Don't think you can read anything into that in fairness Dinny

We both had a share in a start up, thought he was as big a pr!ck as you could meet. Equally doesn't make him any more or less likely to have take PEDs
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 26, 2019, 12:38:25 PM
That Irish heavy defeat looks worse now. Fair play to England they are very much the team to beat in the final.

You could see Gatland engineering a win against them
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

marty34

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 26, 2019, 12:49:11 PM

Possibly, will England play as well again? Was thst their final? Alway hard, in whatever sport, is to replicate a fantastic semi-final performance.

On the game, England were excellent from the first whistle.  Dominant in every facet of the game and in fairness, never looked like losing. 

Could, and should, have been a lot worse for New Zealand.  Remember this England team hammered Ireland pre-Japan.

Be interesting to see how England go in the Six Nations in the New Year.

Capt Pat

Quote from: marty34 on October 26, 2019, 01:36:29 PM

Possibly, will England play as well again? Was thst their final? Alway hard, in whatever sport, is to replicate a fantastic semi-final performance.

On the game, England were excellent from the first whistle.  Dominant in every facet of the game and in fairness, never looked like losing. 

Could, and should, have been a lot worse for New Zealand.  Remember this England team hammered Ireland pre-Japan.

Could England be roided up? That is the big question for me. A very convincing peerformance today against rugbys naturally outstanding team. It is only a year and a half since Ireland beat England at Twickenham 24-15. Now England are on a differnent level to Ireland.

bennydorano

Maybe they aimed to peak for the WC like a serious team with a top coach? Jones made no bones about what his ultimate goal was when England were getting tanked near the start of his reign.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I'd say England would prefer to play South Africa in the final tbh, Wales would have zero fear and could take them.

Angelo

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 26, 2019, 02:45:46 PM
Quote from: marty34 on October 26, 2019, 01:36:29 PM

Could England be roided up? That is the big question for me. A very convincing peerformance today against rugbys naturally outstanding team. It is only a year and a half since Ireland beat England at Twickenham 24-15. Now England are on a differnent level to Ireland.

It's rugby - they're all roided up.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Wildweasel74

South Africa in the final would be a bigger threat than Wales, NZ went with a young team and the like of Cane, Ben Smith, and Loane not starting, looking a strange decision but England and their blow in dominated the match. Christ that bollacks Farrell hard to like.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 26, 2019, 05:55:04 PM
South Africa in the final would be a bigger threat than Wales, NZ went with a young team and the like of Cane, Ben Smith, and Loane not starting, looking a strange decision but England and their blow in dominated the match. Christ that bollacks Farrell hard to like.

Farrell from a strong Irish family background. Maybe the IRFU could have done a Charlton and we would all think he is great

Gmac

Ireland dusted England in 2007 too but who ended up in final , we have no wc pedigree and the longer the famine continues the harder it gets mentally.

Tony Baloney

This has been coming for ages. Jones, unlike Schmidt, wasn't afraid to cast off, what he saw as dead wood and replace them with exciting, raw ball carriers who are explosive on and off the ball. Tuilagi, Curry, Underhill, Sinckler etc. are enough to give any team nightmares. Accompanied by Vunipola, Jamie George, Itoje, May, Farrell etc. it can't come as a surprise that they are in the mix. Also no surprise that the spine of the team is made up of Saracens players.

square_ball

Fair point Tony. Both had hookers who were captains. Schmidt kept his captain beyond his sell by date the other is sat at home. Granted England had Jamie George to step up but the point still stands.

lenny

Quote from: Gmac on October 26, 2019, 08:23:08 PM
Ireland dusted England in 2007 too but who ended up in final , we have no wc pedigree and the longer the famine continues the harder it gets mentally.

Ireland didn't lose because ee have no world cup pedigree, we lost because we were nowhere near the right level throughout the whole tournament. Nacewa's comments about scmidt being too cautious as a coach were probably accurate. We've been going backwards as a team for a while and a rebuilding process needs to start now.