Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

trailer

Booked in for the 5G upgrade myself. Cannot wait if I am honest.

Capt Pat

Boris Johnson. First he tells us he is visiting hospitals and shaking hands with everyone and ends up in intensive care. Then not one to miss a photo opportunity he gets himself photographed getting the astra zeneca vaccine giving a big thumbs up and cheesy grin to the camera. He tells us he isn't worried, I wonder if  he is worried now about possible blood clots for those under 60.

I remember saying on here when it became apparent the Brits were first in the queue for the vaccines that that was fine by me as they would be the guinea pigs and it seems it is turning out that way.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 12, 2021, 10:40:50 PM
Boris Johnson. First he tells us he is visiting hospitals and shaking hands with everyone and ends up in intensive care. Then not one to miss a photo opportunity he gets himself photographed getting the astra zeneca vaccine giving a big thumbs up and cheesy grin to the camera. He tells us he isn't worried, I wonder if  he is worried now about possible blood clots for those under 60.

I remember saying on here when it became apparent the Brits were first in the queue for the vaccines that that was fine by me as they would be the guinea pigs and it seems it is turning out that way.

If 40 million people started taking paracetamol tomorrow do you think there would be issues with it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Evil Genius

And the 1.8m Irish guinea pigs to the north of the island, a million of whom have now been vaccinated?

Or this woman?
https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/90-year-old-coventry-grandmother-margaret-keenan-becomes-the-first-patient-in-the-world-to-receive-covid-19-vaccine-25972/

(She's from Enniskillen. Thats the Enniskillen on the Erne, not Enniskillen-upon-Avon btw)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

bennydorano

Cretinous post of the year award

thewobbler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2021, 10:46:45 PM

If 40 million people started taking paracetamol tomorrow do you think there would be issues with it?

One of the odd turns of the past 18 months is that the governments' whitewash focus on Covid seems to have convinced a lot of people that humans didn't die prematurely, suddenly, unexpectedly or unnecessarily prior to 2020.

dec

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/health/johnson-vaccine-pause-cdc-fda/index.html

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the US Food and Drug Administration are recommending that the United States pause the use of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine over six reported US cases of a "rare and severe" type of blood clot.
The six reported cases were among more than 6.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine administered in the United States. All six cases occurred among women between the ages of 18 and 48, and symptoms occurred 6 to 13 days after vaccination...
Del Rio added that the blood clotting may be connected to how the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is an adenovirus vector vaccine -- the same type as AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine...

armaghniac

The effect of all this is that men between 60 and 70 in Ireland will be getting these crap vaccines in the first instance.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on April 13, 2021, 02:28:21 PM
The effect of all this is that men between 60 and 70 in Ireland will be getting these crap vaccines in the first instance.

Have the EU ordered any Phizer ones?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2021, 02:33:57 PM

Of course they have, and they'll likely order more now. Half of the deliveries are Pfizer + another 8% of Moderna. But now these will be used mostly for people over 70 or under 60.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2021, 02:33:57 PM

Both my parents have received their 1st covid vaccinations and they both got the Pfizer one

imtommygunn

I got the AZ one yesterday. I have definitely felt better than I have done today.

My two, fairly aged, parents got the pfizer one (both jabs).

Rich Ricci

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 13, 2021, 04:36:39 PM
I got the AZ one yesterday. I have definitely felt better than I have done today.

My two, fairly aged, parents got the pfizer one (both jabs).

Got the AZ myself. Felt like shit the next day, real chills and headache. Few paracetamols and I was right as rain the next day.