Previous topic - Next topic

BuzzCagney

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 16, 2023, 06:54:55 PM
Kerry's defensive play has improved massively the last few years

All credit to Paddy Tally

clarshack

Quote from: seafoid on July 16, 2023, 07:37:00 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 16, 2023, 06:59:15 PM
Derry just ran out of steam and the shooting form that they had in the first half faded away as the legs got heavy. I Really thought they had Kerry shook in the first half especially Clifford. I think Kerry will come right in the final and win.
In soccer stuff happens between 80 and 90 minutes
In GAA it's more likely between 60 and 70.
Derry need to go home and think again

It's more like between 60 and 75 mins.
Inexperienced teams need a big lead heading into that timeframe.

BuzzCagney

Quote from: passedit on July 16, 2023, 07:33:26 PM
Nothing about the systematic targeting of Mc Guigan? Also soft yellow for Mc Caigue and Kerry full back gets a tick after fouling all day? Mc Quillan is a firms man. Looked bad for Mc Kinless at the end. Stonewall red for O Shea, not even booked.

TSG might look at O'Shea incident tonight?🙄 if happened to Kerry boy and they lost would never hear the end of.

NotedObserver

What was craic with Clifford letting mccloskey go in the first half? Kerry fairly poor throughout and still don. Derry have several players that rarely touch the ball which probably isn't enough to win an AI

highorlow

QuoteForgot who it was but young sub caught a pass from thr keeper more or less in front of goal.  Should have taken the mark but didn't

Aye, thought that myself but was the pass inside the 45? I think it would've put Derry 3 up.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Piskin

Quote from: BuzzCagney on July 16, 2023, 07:55:20 PM
Nothing about the systematic targeting of Mc Guigan? Also soft yellow for Mc Caigue and Kerry full back gets a tick after fouling all day? Mc Quillan is a firms man. Looked bad for Mc Kinless at the end. Stonewall red for O Shea, not even booked.

TSG might look at O'Shea incident tonight?🙄 if happened to Kerry boy and they lost would never hear the end of.

Much like you lol

imtommygunn

Mccaigue was more for persistent fouling I thought. Did O'Shea not just flick the ball away and then get an almighty boot?

Kerry were clearly targeting mcguigan but that will never be highlighted.

That was not like yesterday. McKinless fists one or two of those runs over the bar game over. Also again at a key moment the refs decision went with the big team. O'brien's was not a foul. That was a bad decision at a very key time that had a massive impact on that game.

All that being said Derry need a stronger squad. Mcgrogan being injured didn't help. (And tbh they didn't show it much on replay but i thought that was a dirty enough act too).

Hope dubs win the final...

Kidder81

Where do we rate Ulster teams after the last team exited today -

1. Derry
2. Monaghan
3. Armagh
4. Tyrone
5. Donegal
6. Cavan
7. Down
8. Antrim
9. Fermanagh

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2023, 08:16:31 PM

Mccaigue was more for persistent fouling I thought. Did O'Shea not just flick the ball away and then get an almighty boot?

That was not like yesterday. McKinless fists one or two of those runs over the bar game over. Also again at a key moment the refs decision went with the big team. O'brien's was not a foul. That was a bad decision at a very key time that had a massive impact on that game.

All that being said Derry need a stronger squad. Mcgrogan being injured didn't help. (And tbh they didn't show it much on replay but i thought that was a dirty enough act too).

O'Shea's foul at the end stopped Mc Kinless hitting the quick free.

He knew what he was at.

As cynical as you'll see.

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 16, 2023, 08:17:15 PM
Where do we rate Ulster teams after the last team exited today -

1. Derry
2. Monaghan
3. Armagh
4. Tyrone
5. Donegal
6. Cavan
7. Down
8. Antrim
9. Fermanagh

Tyrone bt Armagh, and Down bt Cavan

seafoid

1. Derry
2. Monaghan
3. Tyrone
4. Armagh
5. Donegal
6. Down
7. Cavan
8. Antrim
9. Fermanagh

imtommygunn

Quote from: marty34 on July 16, 2023, 08:26:57 PM

He knew what he was at.

There was that but how in the name of god would that be a red?

Honestly don't think down any better than Antrim.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 16, 2023, 05:50:54 PM
Stephen O'Brien's impact off the bench a game changer. Does he start the next day or come on at HT again?

Yes, he won them that game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on July 16, 2023, 08:26:57 PM

He knew what he was at.

Of course and you'd do exactly the same thing if playing!

As a player we were conceding stupid goals, just ones when the ball was in and around the house, as a corner back it's frustrating, but we decided to just stop the play by whatever means, those daft goals stopped and we won more games, is it cynical or smart?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea