Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveherlong

For a house would a single Cat 6 cable at each tv point along with coaxial cable be sufficient to run this system?

The Iceman

Bud have you ever looked at this company?

https://airnettv.com/
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: The Iceman on November 03, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

Would be carefull about something like that as companies get shut down all the time. I went for oober tv a while a go and got stung 150 as it was soon shut down. Livetv is a free apk on android and works really well even more so when im abroad.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: The Iceman on November 03, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

Seems OK but I can't see the full spec.  An extra €25 for the mouse that comes with it is rough.   
I'm with Zoomtak  5 - 6 yrs now. I don't have any problems, buffering is non existant etc.  Like I said, if the spec does not have 802.11AC then if you are moving it from room to room/telly to telly it will not be a great buy.  After that it is down to chipset, making sure it has aluminium housing (heat sink to stop heat build up) and a decent chipset.   

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/12/30/802-11ac-vs-802-11n-wifi-whats-the-difference/#2ec2d0383957

The next protocol to be released. or is released is 802.11AC  Wave 2, so, whatever about not having it, if you buy something with older wireless than 802.11AC  as close to 2018 as we are you are not buying a product that will give you the best return in a years time if you are depending on WiFi. 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Jim Bob

Quote from: heffo on November 02, 2017, 08:45:02 AM
Quote from: laoislad on November 02, 2017, 08:43:56 AM
That iptv I signed up for can be used via an app on my smart tv. Tried it out there last night and it works perfectly.
Don't even need to use an android box now as it will all be controlled via my TV smart remote. Very handy indeed.
Only works on Samsung and LG tvs apparently.

Have the same on my Samsung - it's great

Quare job hi!!!

Boycey

Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2017, 07:09:03 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 31, 2017, 07:04:59 PM
Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2017, 06:42:27 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 31, 2017, 06:41:23 PM
Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2017, 05:38:35 PM
Anyone got a link for epg to work on iptv?

What device you using?

Perfect player via firestick

Sorry, not a device I've used for IPTV so could be talking out of my hole (not for the 1st time) but did whoever you provided you with your m3u URL not provide an EPG url? I know you can download EPGs online but would have no clue what might be a reliable source..

Yeah was provided initially but now has stopped working and can't get in touch.

Don't know if this is any help but it came up on another forum I use

QuoteThere is a way to get epg on the cheapo sub via perfect player but it takes some fiddling about.

On perfect player go into the settings, under the bit where you put in your playlist is a box saying EPG1.
In this box enter the following http://tvguide.uk.to/epg/uk.xml

Go back to your channel list and you should see the epg start to download.
It will connect with a few channels but not with all, for those that it doesn't you have to manually assign the channels as shown in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A3ity7xces

lurganblue

Quote from: Boycey on November 01, 2017, 04:26:22 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 01, 2017, 04:14:51 PM
Covenant giving anyone any trouble? I have Real Debrid and it's struggling to find links for me on a lot of big movies.

I've not been on myself but did see a few posts on another forum I frequent asking a similar question to yours..

Couldnt get covenant to play anything for me at the weekend there.  Resorted to casting from MoviesHD on my phone.  Should i now be using a different movie addon?

laceer

Signed up to fabiptv and have got it working on my smart tv-great job. thanks for all who recommended.

what's the best way to configure the epg?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 28, 2017, 04:20:48 PM
Covenant , exodus, terrarium TV. Take your pick

In other news Sportsmania have finally got their payment system up.
You can only pay by Bitcoin and it's 10 dollars per month. You can only buy a month at a time. Subscribers are generally up in arms. Price has nearly doubled and you need to purchase a VPN if you wish to view Premier League games.

Sportsmania are now going back to card payments today (and six month subs)   as droves were leaving due to price increase and the Bitcoin payments. Interesting to see will they revert to previous prices

straightred

I left sportsmania as I got fed up waiting for them to sort themselves out - don't be put off by that though - when its working its very good and its v flexible, ie. work well on phone/laptop/android app/kodi etc

I moved on to a dreamlink T1 plus and an IPTV sub. The EPG is miles better than anything I've had so far - recording works well as well.

Boycey

Quote from: straightred on November 12, 2017, 01:25:51 PM
I left sportsmania as I got fed up waiting for them to sort themselves out - don't be put off by that though - when its working its very good and its v flexible, ie. work well on phone/laptop/android app/kodi etc

I moved on to a dreamlink T1 plus and an IPTV sub. The EPG is miles better than anything I've had so far - recording works well as well.

I'd say Sportsmanias goose is cooked, people have had 6 odd months to look at the alternatives a lot of which are superior... Any good IPTV sub should be every bit as flexible as Sportsmania

Boycey

http://www.techradar.com/news/kodi-add-on-covenant-and-others-shut-down-in-face-of-legal-action

Addons have always come and gone but if the underlying 'magic' that holds it all together is being hit its definitely bad news!

QuoteA number of high-profile, hugely popular Kodi add-ons have been forced to shutdown due to legal threats against a developer in the Kodi community.
Add-ons including Covenant, Bennu and DeathStreams have ceased to function properly, as the creator of their underlying Colossus repository (the software that allows them to source and make sense of videos hosted across the internet) ended operations on his part of the chain. This includes the development of the URLresolver and Metahandler software which many third-party apps rely on.
The developer, known as jsergio123 online, was said to have been hand-delivered a cease-and-desist letter in the UK from the MPA/MPAA's Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment. Among the content providers cited in the letter threatening legal action were Disney, Sky UK, the Premier League, Netflix and Amazon, as well as a number of movie studios.

The action has been called for by the rights holders as the likes of Covenant can be used to easily find pirated entertainment materials, like films and TV shows, through Kodi. And, while Kodi itself as an open-source piece of software can legitimately and legally be used as a home media center, the likes of Covenant are built with the almost sole express purpose of giving access to copyrighted materials.
It's unclear yet as to whether another developer will take up the mantle left by jsergio123, but it's not the most attractive project given the legal risks. Following a series of similar takedown notices and legal efforts, it seems the tide may be finally turning against the Kodi pirates.

gallsman

Ha, was trying to install Covenant last night and the repo was down. Some googling revealed all that which was disappointing. However, it also pointed me in the direction of Poseidon, which is a pretty good movie/TV add on

snoopdog

Looked at sportsmania. Payment by Bitcoin. That's me snookered. Any other site I can use for the footy via my smartbox?

Boycey

Quote from: snoopdog on November 17, 2017, 10:38:14 PM
Looked at sportsmania. Payment by Bitcoin. That's me snookered. Any other site I can use for the footy via my smartbox?

Hasn't it been said here in the last page or so that they dropped the bitcoin scheme and are taking PayPal?  Read back a couple of pages other options are mentioned..