Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Anyone know anything about using VPN on Kodi? Trying to use the UK Turks add on and it seems to have all the UK channels in HD like I want, but a lot of them are geo blocked.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2016, 09:43:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 09, 2016, 09:37:12 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2016, 09:28:11 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on February 09, 2016, 09:24:35 PM

I could be wrong on this, I believe that the sound from the Firestick has to go from the TV to the surround sound system. You might need an optical cable to do this.

I'm pretty certain it's not. I'm watching the Liverpool match on Kodi at the minute on a Fire TV. HDMI from Fire TV to TV. Optical cable room TV to external speakers.
Where you watching it? I couldn't find a decent link on Kodi at all

I have sports mania subscription so watching on BT Sport on it.

1080p gloriousness  8) 8)

Is that Sports Mania via Kodi?

Do tell us more Gallsman.....

I've noticed the football streams aren't as good as they were a few months ago, so I was wondering whether a subscription based way to view would provide better quality streams.

gallsman

You've basically answered it yourself! Sports mania add on, can get it from most of the large repos or builds. I'm currently paying £26 for six months and it's fantastic. BT, Sky Sports, BeIN, NFL, NBA etc

laoislad

I could be wrong on this, I believe that the sound from the Firestick has to go from the TV to the surround sound system. You might need an optical cable to do this.

I'm pretty certain it's not. I'm watching the Liverpool match on Kodi at the minute on a Fire TV. HDMI from Fire TV to TV. Optical cable room TV to external speakers.

Can you have that on multiple devices with the one subscription?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on February 13, 2016, 12:04:49 PM

Yes, but only one in use at any one time. Stated very clearly at sign up. I don't know what their capacity to detect it is, but I haven't risked it yet.

Gaffer

Last week I watched Armagh game on Woody add on. (Premier Sports)
Now I see Woody has disappeared.
Anybody know what the craic is here. Will it be back? 
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on February 13, 2016, 02:17:20 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 13, 2016, 12:04:49 PM

Yes, but only one in use at any one time. Stated very clearly at sign up. I don't know what their capacity to detect it is, but I haven't risked it yet.

Don't use it myself but on another forum I frequent I've seen guys say they are pretty strict...

NAG1

Has anyone directly loaded Kodi to a smart TV or is this even possible?

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on February 16, 2016, 02:53:24 PM
Has anyone directly loaded Kodi to a smart TV or is this even possible?

Someone asked previously about a TV running Android TV. If you have an Android TV (Sony, Samsung, LG and some others all offer them I think), it should be as simple a matter as downloading from the play store.

For a regular TV, I doubt it's possible, certainly not with an official build. There would simply be too many different platforms to try and support.

Gaffer

Quote from: gallsman on February 12, 2016, 03:09:48 PM
You've basically answered it yourself! Sports mania add on, can get it from most of the large repos or builds. I'm currently paying £26 for six months and it's fantastic. BT, Sky Sports, BeIN, NFL, NBA etc

Is Premier Sports available in it? That's where you can pick up Setanta! !

gallsman

Quote from: Gaffer on February 16, 2016, 03:46:50 PM

Will have a look tonight. Is premier sports a TV provider or a KODI add-on?

gallsman

By the way, I've signed up to a DNS/VPN provider called SmartDNS that allows access to BBC iPlayer, ITV layer, All 4 etc. With the iPlayer, you can steam BBC 1-4 live in HD. Also gives access to US Netflix, Amazon Prime US (or whatever region you'd prefer). I'm about a week into a two week free trial and it's been great.

I've read about Netflix closing holes to stop people accessing it through VPN, so I'm not sure how it'll work in the future.

Gaffer

Quote from: gallsman on February 16, 2016, 03:54:56 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on February 16, 2016, 03:46:50 PM

Will have a look tonight. Is premier sports a TV provider or a KODI add-on?

It's a provider   Cheers.

gallsman

Website says they have it in HD so should be OK.

Gaffer

Thanks.

Am I to understand that the only live English football that can be seen on it is the football that is live on either Sky or BT at the same time?