Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Good idea for your pocket but not for the county coffers
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

S Áine

If the football championship was set for Aug/Sept would the north Antrim clubs be happy to play championship in June, or at least the inital rounds?

Sleeping giant

What about the odd year the county do well??
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

Take the 2 games to Casement

maxpower

Both games at Casement would do fine!
What happens next????

Jesusjones

As good a surface as you have in Ballycastle and Loughgiel the roads network should dictate that these games go to Casement, on Sunday I drove down from Belfast after our game and arrived in Loughgiel at the Cloughmills end and sat for a good half hour in traffic and it was another half an hour after the game to get out of the car park. At least at Casement you get to sit in the stand, the view of the game is so much better and it has the big game atmosphere.

johnneycool

Quote from: S Áine on September 04, 2012, 12:11:58 AM
If the football championship was set for Aug/Sept would the north Antrim clubs be happy to play championship in June, or at least the inital rounds?

I'd suggest the championship fixtures are set to roll from the Ulster club championships semi/final and final in October and November at the latest, and to set an initial round in June then nothing for a few months wouldn't make sense, plus you're possibly in the middle of AI round robin games in June and the clubs would want their players.

manballandall

I cant believe the amount of whinging going on and from some St Galls folk as well. They wre jabbing their ribs...well if they are then jab them f**king back. Jasus its senior championship and from what I seen it was fairly tame, compare that to what goes on between kilkenny and Tipp and most probably will go on at Croke on Sunday. Im actually embarrassed to hera that from fellow clubmen who should know better. I received and gave out much worse than that, its part of the game. Sundays game wasnt dirty at all and I agree totally to whats been said about St Galls....the players have to be willing to put in the effort required to win a senior hurling championship and I just dont think they will give that committment from enough players. Frustrating as fcuk though as i do believe we could give it a good lash but cest la vie.

I have one gring from sunday though and before people jump down my throat...i know they are an easy target, i know they do it voluntary and I know its not easy etc etc but the refereeing on sunday was dire. It is so inconsistent and I believe it is this inconsistency that creates a lot of frustration amongst players, managers and supportes a like and this inconsistency in itself creates a lot of problems on the pitch. How can a player gauge what he can get away with if a foul is blew for an offringement but 2 mins later the same ofrfingement is allowed to go on. Its crazy and its something that is rife within out county.

winker3716

Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 09:15:00 AM
I cant believe the amount of whinging going on and from some St Galls folk as well. They wre jabbing their ribs...well if they are then jab them f**king back. Jasus its senior championship and from what I seen it was fairly tame, compare that to what goes on between kilkenny and Tipp and most probably will go on at Croke on Sunday. Im actually embarrassed to hera that from fellow clubmen who should know better. I received and gave out much worse than that, its part of the game. Sundays game wasnt dirty at all and I agree totally to whats been said about St Galls....the players have to be willing to put in the effort required to win a senior hurling championship and I just dont think they will give that committment from enough players. Frustrating as fcuk though as i do believe we could give it a good lash but cest la vie.

I have one gring from sunday though and before people jump down my throat...i know they are an easy target, i know they do it voluntary and I know its not easy etc etc but the refereeing on sunday was dire. It is so inconsistent and I believe it is this inconsistency that creates a lot of frustration amongst players, managers and supportes a like and this inconsistency in itself creates a lot of problems on the pitch. How can a player gauge what he can get away with if a foul is blew for an offringement but 2 mins later the same ofrfingement is allowed to go on. Its crazy and its something that is rife within out county.
Jasus man, them's mighty words  ;) :D

If it's not the pitch, it's the rules, it's the county, it's the venue, it's the lack of commitment, it's football, but ultimately, it's always the referee!  See what I mean, bloody referees!  ;D ;)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Last Man

Maybe some of the players could take over some of the extensive admin duties that OE fulfills and let him then concentrate more on reffing???? Any chance???
Wheres the solutions rather than just criticism ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 09:15:00 AM

Look manballandall, Owen did a fine job, christ if he were to blow for every infringement we wouldn't have any players on he pitch FFS. If you were to speak to Cushendall men they'll say he give us a few handy frees, speak to a Galls man and he'll say he let Cushendall away with a few things in the game.

Inconsistency is not done on purpose, it could be the angle the referee is seeing it and before you say anything, he can't be at every angle and see everything. The ones giving off about the ref (and I also shouted from the stand at some decisions) on here haven't refereed a game at a proper level so it to me you're are being wee bit harsh.

I've criticised referees before and I'll do it again, no doubt that. But Owen did well enough and he had no major say on who won the game.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Skull I dont think the county coffers are too much affected my the double header.
How many people will really make the effort to attend both games?
Realistically - the dunloy/dall boys know they'll be playing Loughiel in the final - nothing to see there.
And likewise only some Loughiel folk will have an interest in who they meet in the final.
Therefore if we take this number of people and look at it on the grand scheme of a year's finances I dont think its significant enough to make a difference.
Further, the spectacle and occasion should be a driving force.
Ideally I think a double header at Casement is the best option, failing that a double header in Ballycastle.
Lets see what the wisdom of our county comes up with!

One final point to mention the other issue - our refs are crap.
But they are all we have and I wouldnt do it for any money.
As long as they dont affect winners/losers.

manballandall

And as always you're right and everyone else was wrong MR2. Wind your neck in.

I never said he influenced the outcome of the game as I dont think he did and I also believe he was as bad for both teams. My gripe is with inconsistency and it has nothing to do with angles or anything else....if he doesnt see it he cant blow it, no problem there but he seen the same foul numerous times yet let it go sometimes. That is what irritates and frustrates players.

Not a blame game or finger pointing exercise but it is fact.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 10:28:53 AM
And as always you're right and everyone else was wrong MR2. Wind your neck in.

I never said he influenced the outcome of the game as I dont think he did and I also believe he was as bad for both teams. My gripe is with inconsistency and it has nothing to do with angles or anything else....if he doesnt see it he cant blow it, no problem there but he seen the same foul numerous times yet let it go sometimes. That is what irritates and frustrates players.

Not a blame game or finger pointing exercise but it is fact.

You were sitting beside me so you seen what I saw. You can't say he seen the same foul!! That's silly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

winker3716

Now, now children, sit down, fold your arms and put your finger on your lips!  Failing that, just dig the hoor!  :) :D ;)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"