Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I wouldn't agree with you entirely there.

Rossa don't give preference to football over hurling and of late I don't think St Johns have either which leads to the question of which clubs do in Belfast? Lamh Dhearg, St Pauls and St Galls maybe.

Sarsfields seem about on a par.

Last Man

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2012, 10:01:13 AM
That's not his point at all, skull. What he is implying is that St. John's try to commit their 'key players' to football rather than hurling, which I think is a lazy statement.
No it isn't what I am implying !!!

Milltown Row2

Traditionally you are right. St Johns have potential to get to a football final most years depending on the draw.

Rossa will always have hurling over football, which pains the footballers within the club

Lamhs are a football club and bar the Herron's would be div 3 hurling

St Paul's always will be a footballing club, they had a wee drive back in the late 80's but could maintain this

Gorts were always a hurling club but had a bit of success in football which hampered their efforts in hurling

Sarsfields would traditionally have been a hurling club but decent football club back in the early 80's. They have a lot of hurling men in there at the minute so I believe that will be their direction for next few years.

The other clubs unfortunately would have the sustainability to feature at any serious level in hurling, I believe these clubs should form a hurling club and dedicate to it, very difficult to leave your club but I believe it would work.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2012, 03:15:15 PM
Traditionally you are right. St Johns have potential to get to a football final most years depending on the draw.

Rossa will always have hurling over football, which pains the footballers within the club

Lamhs are a football club and bar the Herron's would be div 3 hurling

St Paul's always will be a footballing club, they had a wee drive back in the late 80's but could maintain this

Gorts were always a hurling club but had a bit of success in football which hampered their efforts in hurling

Sarsfields would traditionally have been a hurling club but decent football club back in the early 80's. They have a lot of hurling men in there at the minute so I believe that will be their direction for next few years.

The other clubs unfortunately would have the sustainability to feature at any serious level in hurling, I believe these clubs should form a hurling club and dedicate to it, very difficult to leave your club but I believe it would work.
I'm inclined to agree MR but maybe thats from dealing with so many juveniles recently who don't give a fcuk. Maybe there is an argument for less opportunity?

Buswhacker

Skull...........gobbledaygook......."not that I give a toss" whatever that means. You would probably know .Is it anything to do with being a "tosser" ?
Again I bow to you're greater experience in this respect.

Last Man

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2012, 03:27:45 PM
Quote from: Last Man on August 07, 2012, 03:10:44 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2012, 10:01:13 AM
That's not his point at all, skull. What he is implying is that St. John's try to commit their 'key players' to football rather than hurling, which I think is a lazy statement.
No it isn't what I am implying !!!
Well unless you are the same person as winker3716, I was not talking about you.
Fair enough

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Buswhacker on August 07, 2012, 03:29:10 PM
Skull...........gobbledaygook......."not that I give a toss" whatever that means. You would probably know .Is it anything to do with being a "t**ser" ?
Again I bow to you're greater experience in this respect.

With being a tosser?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

winker3716

I really do think we are reaching a stage in Antrim/Ulster, where hurling is actually dying!  It's time if you ask me for action, maybe a hurling task force made up of all those interested parties within our own county firstly.

Some radical, innovative and positive thinking required by hurling folk to shake the county and Ulster Council Up. Hurling will die, other than in the traditional hurling parishes in Antrim, i.e Dunloy, Ballycastle, Glenarriff, Cushendall, Loughgiel, Carey, Armoy.  It's time to shake up the county executive, establish a Hurling Development Board/Sub Committee and encourage those serious about hurling in Belfast to sign up also.
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

theskull1

Quote from: winker3716 on August 07, 2012, 04:16:59 PM
I really do think we are reaching a stage in Antrim/Ulster, where hurling is actually dying!  It's time if you ask me for action, maybe a hurling task force made up of all those interested parties within our own county firstly.

Some radical, innovative and positive thinking required by hurling folk to shake the county and Ulster Council Up. Hurling will die, other than in the traditional hurling parishes in Antrim, i.e Dunloy, Ballycastle, Glenarriff, Cushendall, Loughgiel, Carey, Armoy.  It's time to shake up the county executive, establish a Hurling Development Board/Sub Committee and encourage those serious about hurling in Belfast to sign up also.

If we lived in a county where the numbers of passionate hurling men were high then a hurling task force would work because thered be plenty prepared to do their part in the clubs making any proposals a success. Sadly there aren't enough prepared to put the shoulder to the wheel.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

winker3716

Quote from: theskull1 on August 07, 2012, 04:34:57 PM
Quote from: winker3716 on August 07, 2012, 04:16:59 PM

If we lived in a county where the numbers of passionate hurling men were high then a hurling task force would work because thered be plenty prepared to do their part in the clubs making any proposals a success. Sadly there aren't enough prepared to put the shoulder to the wheel.
If we believe we can't, we won't, if we believe we can, we will!  I'm certainly up for it, but not starting the crusade :-X.
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Seamroga in exile

Way to kill a thread Winker.  ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

winker3716

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 11, 2012, 06:03:43 PM
How come Seamroga?  That's a bit random don't you think?  :o

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: winker3716 on August 11, 2012, 07:16:07 PM
only having a laugh. There was no post in 4 days after yours. 

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 11, 2012, 11:42:13 PM
Quote from: winker3716 on August 11, 2012, 07:16:07 PM
only having a laugh. There was no post in 4 days after yours.

i think winker was making a suggestion that we(posters on this board)stop typing gibberish and get off our butts and do something for the benefit of antrim hurling. He offered his services but was looking for someone to initiate a radical new approach  that's when the impending silence endured. hey winker I'm in now what do we do
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

maxpower

With Ballygalget losing and ballycran winning does that mean Ballygalget are now relegated.
What happens next????