Would Stevie G do this?

Started by nrico2006, October 03, 2008, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Rossie11 on October 03, 2008, 01:59:08 PM
Neville or Carragher are the closest 2 players in the PL who I reckon would even consider it.
Etxeberria actually played for another Basque club Sociedad before transferring to Bilbao.

There have been a few similar gestures. Redondo missed an entire season for Milan with injury and refused to accept the wages.
2million I think it was..

Carragher did say in his autobiography that if Liverpool were not a big club he would have moved on. If any Premiership player did it it would be seen as a PR stunt and nothing more. Fcuk me they made a song and dance about giving a months salary to nurses a couple of years ago............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Etxeberria has been at his club for a considerable period of time, I never said he hadn't played elsewhere.  Neville or Brown could have been used, the title name is simply an example Minder - should you not be out celebrating the arrival of CR by now?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2008, 03:58:08 PM
Etxeberria has been at his club for a considerable period of time, I never said he hadn't played elsewhere.  Neville or Brown could have been used, the title name is simply an example Minder - should you not be out celebrating the arrival of CR by now?

Nah that baby will have a hard life with that boy as his Da............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SLIGONIAN

Arent all the liverpool legends, like carragher, gerrard, fowler etc.. not all childhood evertonians  ;) so i dont think they'll be playing for free anytime soon.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

gawa316

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 03, 2008, 05:43:41 PM
Arent all the liverpool legends, like carragher, gerrard, fowler etc.. not all childhood evertonians  ;) so i dont think they'll be playing for free anytime soon.

Gerrard's not and Carra and Fowler have had to put up with so much shite from bitter bluenoses that they now can't stand everton

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on October 03, 2008, 09:26:40 PM

Gerrard's not and Carra and Fowler have had to put up with so much shite from bitter bluenoses that they now can't stand everton

Actually Stevie G was..........

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Nrico obviously chose Stevie G to prompt a response. Stevie G is one of the few players in the premiership who takes some pride in playing for the jersey. How many times have we seen a player kissing the badge one week and speaking to a new club the next week. Horrible f**ker and all that Gury Neville is you can't imagine him being anywhere other than United.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 03, 2008, 10:57:25 PM

Nice one :D

J70

I thought, to the extent that it matters, he addressed that issue in his autobiography?

Anyway, sure weren't Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and John O'Shea Liverpool fans in their youth?

Chrisowc

Quote from: J70 on October 04, 2008, 12:39:40 AM

I thought, to the extent that it matters, he addressed that issue in his autobiography?

Indeed he did.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: J70 on October 04, 2008, 12:39:40 AM

Anyway, sure weren't Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and John O'Shea Liverpool fans in their youth?

What did he say in it in a nutshell?

Oh and btw J70 always wondered whats your avatar pic of? It looks fierce like donegals emblem but not sure if its a nother version of it or not it at all.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteStevie G is one of the few players in the premiership who takes some pride in playing for the jersey. How many times have we seen a player kissing the badge one week and speaking to a new club the next week.

Fair play to you if you were fit to keep a straight face when typing those sentences!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

GalwayBayBoy

Carra came from a rampant Everton family but he turned red and indeed turned into more of a red than most lads that were lifelong reds. His book goes into detail about how he turned his back on Everton.

In Liverpool though it's difficult as families are often split between red and blue.

gawa316

Afraid not, give his book a wee read and it'll reveal all

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2008, 03:58:08 PM

Tony Adams was at Arsenal all his career...he didnt do that for us!  All he done was score the last goal of a 4-0 massacre of Everton in the last match of a league winning season...lol
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME