would you ever vote DUP?

Started by lawnseed, June 24, 2011, 08:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I would never vote for them. I always get the feeling watching Gregory Campbell that he had an intelligent  brother who went to university but is now living in England. 

Minder

Quote from: lawnseed on June 25, 2011, 11:38:14 PM
have to say i enjoy sammy wilson, i think hes great craic, but actually voting for him... emmm..?? given a choice between sammy and the stoops??? wee chewing gum head ritchie?? or the incredibly boring and pointless alex attwood?? i dont think i'd bother voting

That had a successful spell as DSD Minister, sure i thought that was the whole idea. Be competent.

Maybe not.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

LeoMc

Quote from: DoireGael on June 24, 2011, 11:59:06 PM
Not sure he's a Dido fan, can I go to jail for saying that?

This one cracks me up from a few years ago

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/7775976.stm

He added that the minister had recently also taken exception to an episode of the Simpsons.

Did Homer go to mass?

Aerlik

I think I would support any English team before I would vote for the hoors.  Those of us who live/have lived in a DUP-supported are of Ireland will know why.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Gaffer

have to say i enjoy sammy wilson, i think hes great craic, but actually voting for him... emmm..?? given a choice between sammy and the stoops??? wee chewing gum head ritchie?? or the incredibly boring and pointless alex attwood?? i dont think i'd bother voting

You need to get out more if you think he's great craic.  Incredibly boring and pointless...Surely you mean Catriona Ruana
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Aerlik on June 26, 2011, 08:07:37 AM
I think I would support any English team before I would vote for the hoors.  Those of us who live/have lived in a DUP-supported are of Ireland will know why.
+1

Cáthasaigh

Everyone who voted Sinn Féin in the last Stormont election was effectively voting for the SF/DUP coalition that was bound to result; so you all voted DUP by default.
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

Evil Genius

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on June 26, 2011, 10:32:09 AM
Everyone who voted Sinn Féin in the last Stormont election was effectively voting for the SF/DUP coalition that was bound to result; so you all voted DUP by default.
Yep.

Oatcake Day, or Fruitcake Day, there's sod-all difference:

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 26, 2011, 01:15:17 PM

You saying Martin and Ian are fruits?
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

Evil Genius

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on June 26, 2011, 01:17:38 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on June 26, 2011, 01:15:17 PM

You saying Martin and Ian are fruits?
Not exactly, but when I googled Kuntcake Day, nothing came up.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lawnseed

ian mc crea wants your vote also ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

NetNitrate

Quote from: lawnseed on June 24, 2011, 08:44:02 PM
heartened by the recent poll that showed that only 16% of catholics would want a united ireland the dup have launched a campaign aimed at catholic voters. what would they need to do to attract your vote?

incidentally what a damning indictment of the fine gael/labour/fianna fail/green administrations that have turned an aspiration/dream of Irish nationalists in their millions throughout the world into what many would now turn their backs on. history IMO will not look kindly on most of the "leaders" elected in the 26 since independence. doubtful if there was a patriot amongst them all.

Hardly the fault of southern pols if northern Catholics are more loyal to the half crown. I like many had to emigrate and despite the corruption I'd never turn my back on my country. It's a sad indictment of so called northern nationalists that a comfortable middle class lifestyle under British rule is preferable to austerity.

theskull1

Quote from: NetNitrate on June 28, 2011, 03:56:14 AM
Hardly the fault of southern pols if northern Catholics are more loyal to the half crown. I like many had to emigrate and despite the corruption I'd never turn my back on my country. It's a sad indictment of so called northern nationalists that a comfortable middle class lifestyle under British rule is preferable to austerity.

I can only assume you've emigrated to Greece
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

saffron sam2

The temperatures of the fiercest fires of Hell will have reached absolute zero and still I will be no nearer voting for them than I am now.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Maguire01

Quote from: Minder on June 25, 2011, 11:40:49 PM

That had a successful spell as DSD Minister, sure i thought that was the whole idea. Be competent.

Maybe not.
It's a sad fact that many people (including some on here), rank 'personality' over competence.

As for the DUP, I can't ever see them getting a significant number of 'Catholic' votes. I'd imagine that most 'catholic unionists' are unionists with a small 'u' and would have little time for the Union Jack waving carry-on. Then there's also the fact that so many in the DUP are remain totally anti-Catholic and anti-nationalist (with a small 'n').