Would you stand up to the Orange Order

Started by Hereiam, March 09, 2010, 03:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Let them parade away where there's no disputes. What's the harm?

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 09, 2010, 08:26:28 PM
Let them parade away where there's no disputes. What's the harm?

Aye let them march away in Cross, there are no contentious parades there.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 09, 2010, 08:20:32 PM
Well we stopped their parade down here in Dublin, are yee all gone soft up there or what lads? :P

That's the day youse looted the shops for Ireland... well done boys  8)

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Hereiam on March 09, 2010, 04:33:37 PM
Just puttin it out there, but why do we let this happen? As a nationalist community who aren't that far out numbered we just sit back and do nothing. I now it sounds riduculous but what is needed is a strong voice on our side who can shout at these people and but the fear of god into them

Maura Harrington
Hasta la victoria siempre

ziggysego

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 09, 2010, 08:20:32 PM
Well we stopped their parade down here in Dublin, are yee all gone soft up there or what lads? :P

You just let the Love Ulster boyos march, eh Capt Pat ;)
Testing Accessibility

delboy

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 09, 2010, 04:29:49 PM
Quote from: delboy on March 09, 2010, 04:14:13 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 09, 2010, 04:09:24 PM
You even cross the road between the lodges and bands and they will rip you a new one!

Rubbish, lots of people scoot back and forth in between bands/lodges, however they don't take kindly to you actually walking through the ranks, that might get you a tap with a blackthorn.
which is assault by the way !!
::)
but maybe unintentionally you portray this act as a 'jolly jape' !

Indeed it would but then what sort of ignoramus would walk through the ranks anyway, i certainly wouldn't look at a hiberan parade and think it would be fine to march across the road through the ranks.

boojangles

Quote from: delboy on March 09, 2010, 11:02:59 PM
You even cross the road between the lodges and bands and they will rip you a new one!

Rubbish, lots of people scoot back and forth in between bands/lodges, however they don't take kindly to you actually walking through the ranks, that might get you a tap with a blackthorn.

Indeed it would but then what sort of ignoramus would walk through the ranks anyway, i certainly wouldn't look at a hiberan parade and think it would be fine to march across the road through the ranks.

A What?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on March 09, 2010, 11:12:19 PM
Quote from: boojangles on March 09, 2010, 11:04:30 PM

A What?
Ok, he spelt it wrong, give him a break ffs.

What he means is, would you cross over the top of loads of squirrels as they headed to their den for a month's break?

They'd go feckin nuts.
You're getting worse.

ardmhachaabu

Years ago I happened to be in Newry on Black Sunday and was in a rush so ran across the road when the Black were parading, some red-faced gorilla with a blackthorn attempted to decapitate me but I was too quick for him
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

I once went into Omagh for a few drinks. Unbeknown to me, the OO were marching. The look of terror on my face, had the police laughing. They knew I felt like I was gonna get my head kicked in. So they sneaked me into Bogan's. That scared me too. The look of anger of me coming in, they thought I was out watching the parade.

Ah, ya can't win.
Testing Accessibility

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 09, 2010, 07:59:00 PM
I'm proud and happy to say that the nearest OO lodge to me are legally not permitted to march through my town. They tried it once about 50 years ago under the cover of night, attacking houses as they entered the town. Unfortunately for them, a dance was on that night and the hall emptied onto the street on hearing the noise. The result was that the brave OO got seventeen shades of sh1te bate out of them and were ordered by court after to never march in the town again.
also assault and a 'jolly jape' it seems !

johnneycool

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 09, 2010, 11:18:26 PM

Years ago I happened to be in Newry on Black Sunday and was in a rush so ran across the road when the Black were parading, some red-faced gorilla with a blackthorn attempted to decapitate me but I was too quick for him

I always thought that Black saturday, the last saturday in August was the end of the marching season, but it seems to have been extended recently, was I wrong?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

What about the case of the woman (nearly sure she was pregnant as well) getting attacked while crossing the road in front of City Hall?
Tbc....

Wee Roddy

That story about the OO trying to March under the cover of night in Carmen is true. There is actually a song written about it called "The boul Sam Colhoun". The question has to be asked is where an under god were they going with 100 men into one of the most Republican area in Tyrone. It just goes to should that they think it is their right and not a privilege and things haven't changed in the 60 or so years since.

Carmen Stateside

Roddy or Nally, was Paisley along with the boul Sam that night? Or was his name just brought up in the song.  Nally Stand should write out a few verses for us, i cant remember it all.