Would you save a stranger?

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 02, 2009, 08:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on April 02, 2009, 09:26:08 PM
Pints would you save 5ive Times?
Yup, I'd rescue him and give him a big hug. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AFS

Think your man was a bit of an eejit for challenging the guys with the guns and knives. How did he think that one was gonna end up?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: AFS on April 02, 2009, 09:28:51 PM
Think your man was a bit of an eejit for challenging the guys with the guns and knives. How did he think that one was gonna end up?
Yeah I think that, he was doing alright until he tried to wrestle the gun of them, did he think he was James Bond? Should have let them have whatever they wanted but I have more respect for him than if he'd to lie down on the ground and let the girls deal wtih the c***ts.

fair play to this boy that intervened on the street. 

pintsofguinness

Another pathetic group on this bus.

Schkite

That's one of the worst I've ever heard of, a packed bus minding their own business while a wee girl gets her head kicked in, pathetic isn't the word.

Caid

Playin devil's advocate:  Yer man in the shop was a fool for taking on people with guns and knives but the people on the bus are cowards for not taking on groups of youths who more likely than not have knives (it is London)?
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Caid on April 02, 2009, 09:42:40 PM
Playin devil's advocate:  Yer man in the shop was a fool for taking on people with guns and knives but the people on the bus are cowards for not taking on groups of youths who more likely than not have knives (it is London)?
No one's life was at risk in the shop, they'd just indicated they wanted the money.
That's the difference. 

Shamrock Shore

I'd join in on the kicking.

Nothing like a mill to ease tense, nervous headaches!

AFS

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 02, 2009, 09:43:45 PM
Quote from: Caid on April 02, 2009, 09:42:40 PM
No one's life was at risk in the shop, they'd just indicated they wanted the money.
That's the difference. 

Plus the guys in the shop made it known beyond doubt that they had weapons that they were prepared to use, whereas you're really only speculating that those girls had knives.

Caid

The girls fair enough...but the group of guys bating yer man with belts and the like earlier on was different. Watching the 12 yr old girl getting beat was just plain awful.  But in other circumstances it can be more difficult and harder to gauge where bravery starts and foolishness ends. Like someone said earlier its not always black and white.
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

pintsofguinness

QuoteThe girls fair enough...but the group of guys bating yer man with belts and the like earlier on was different.
It wasnt a man they were beating, the girl said it was a boy of about 12. 

mylestheslasher

I suppose I'd like to think I would help someone but then again who's to say that the guy getting beaten isn't a rapist, a paedophille or a drug dealer. I'd feel pretty sick jumping in to help someone like that and taking a hiding. It's all in the moment whether you do something or do nothing.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 02, 2009, 10:03:34 PM
I suppose I'd like to think I would help someone but then again who's to say that the guy getting beaten isn't a rapist, a paedophille or a drug dealer. I'd feel pretty sick jumping in to help someone like that and taking a hiding. It's all in the moment whether you do something or do nothing.
Oh for f**k sake....

Who's to say they're not an innocent person?
If you wouldnt step in then that's fine but dont be making up silly excuses.

Puckoon

I wouldnt have sex with a stranger, but in the essence of fair play I am going to suggest I would happily jump in to help one out of a tight spot.

Niall Quinn

No feckin way.
Probably why things didn't work out as a fireman.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad