Worst Sport

Started by its me again, February 13, 2009, 03:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 13, 2009, 09:26:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2009, 08:55:52 PM
Must say I'd happily watch most of the sports mentioned above apart from f1 and baseball. Cricket gets a bad rap I think. The Ashes in 2005 were about as exciting as it gets.

If you understand whats going on in Baseball then you will really enjoy it.......brilliant game.
I´d say if Tony can understand cricket, he should be able to understand baseball.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2009, 01:20:33 AM
Must say I'd happily watch most of the sports mentioned above apart from f1 and baseball. Cricket gets a bad rap I think. The Ashes in 2005 were about as exciting as it gets.

If you understand whats going on in Baseball then you will really enjoy it.......brilliant game.
I´d say if Tony can understand cricket, he should be able to understand baseball.

Man stands with a bat. Man throws ball at man with bat. Man with bat tries to hit ball away so he can go for a run. Tell me if I've missed anything.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gnevin

Quote from: SidelineKick on February 13, 2009, 05:22:51 PM
Quote from: Derry Dolly on February 13, 2009, 05:05:39 PM
camogie?? skills may not be as up to scratch as hurling but stil enjoyable to watch an even better to play  ;D
also have played gaelic before an the skills needed for camogie are ten fold that off foozball   :-X ;)

worst sports?
cricket (insert yawning face)
table tennis

Tell me Dolly, why oh why do these sportswomen insist on hitting the thing along the gound?  I dont play hurling but I can perform the basic skills to a decent level. This includes getting the ball up into my hand!!!!

WHY DO THEY HIT IT ALONG THE GROUND?!

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't ground Hurling considered a lost skill in the modern men's game ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

corn02

I'm waiting for someone to nominate Curling, however, watched an hour of it the other night and it ain't half bad!

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 14, 2009, 10:17:50 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2009, 01:20:33 AM

Man stands with a bat. Man throws ball at man with bat. Man with bat tries to hit ball away so he can go for a run. Tell me if I've missed anything.
That's right, it's a bat and ball game.

You could be describing cricket.
I was wrong, you don't understand baseball :)

laceer

Very few sports i wouldn't watch on tv - bowls being one

Can't agree with basketball being classed as a worst sport - i played as much basketball as football when i was younger and it improved my football no end. Gaelic men round our way would have given it a bad rep because its classed as non contact - there's as much contact in a game of basketball as there is in a gaelic match these days!

Quite a few  county players would play/have played baskeball - Liam McHale,Michael(?) Quirke,Kieran Donaghy,Sean Cavanagh,Joe Brolly.. to name a few
Trevor Smullen of Longford played for the Irish Senior team as did Karl Donnelly who had a run out with the Dubs a few years back

Basketball would be played a lot more in the south than the north these days

Canalman

Yeah, Field hockey is muck to watch.Sailing or yachting not the best either.

mountainboii

Quote from: Canalman on February 14, 2009, 03:06:34 PM
Yeah, Field hockey is muck to watch.Sailing or yachting not the best either.

Anyone ever watch bandy on eurosport? Its like ice field hockey. Its shit too.

The Watcher Pat

Kabaddi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabaddi

Channel 4 used to show this pish years ago!!

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

muppet

MWWSI 2017

David McKeown

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on February 14, 2009, 05:59:43 PM
Kabaddi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabaddi

Channel 4 used to show this pish years ago!!

I used to love this sport when it was on, mind you i enjoy most of sports listed here
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Hardy

Pigeon racing is the worst, from a spectator point of view anyway.

Owenmoresider

Can't understand the extent of the dislike for racing, or cricket, not that I particularly like the latter but I'd watch it sometimes if it were on. The limited-over matches would be a bit more interesting than the 5-day tests, suffice to say.

Sports that I would avoid include hockey or bowls. Don't particularly like showjumping or athletics, indeed the majority of olympic events, either. And ladies football is pretty poor to watch it must be said. POG - the National and similiar races are more like events, for impressionable people and to 'be seen'. A trip to the Derby at the Curragh, or the Galway races midweek, both of which I've been to, are like that too. Racing at Sligo, Roscommon or Ballinrobe doesn't quite have that sort of attraction.

Well

Compromise Rules - Complete whore of a game!