Worst Sport

Started by its me again, February 13, 2009, 03:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Horse Racing......even though I personally dispute its status as a Sport.

I find Tennis boring............was easier for me one year in Melbourne to go to the Australian Open......we were on strike, had a free ticket, lived just 6 train stops away from it, bored senseless at home  etc and still wasn't arsed going. Funnily never regretted not going......even just to be able to say I was there.

SidelineKick

Quote from: maddog on February 13, 2009, 04:58:46 PM
You cant say camogie, its just hurling played badly.

For me

f1
speedway
sailing
gymnastics
ice skating
american football
baseball
cricket
tennis

I can, I have and I will continue to do so! Its a sport of its own.  Fenian hockey.  Complete pish. We used to have to watch out schools camogie matches.  From the ages of 5 to 15 do they not learn to pick the f**king thing up?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Derry Dolly

camogie?? skills may not be as up to scratch as hurling but stil enjoyable to watch an even better to play  ;D
also have played gaelic before an the skills needed for camogie are ten fold that off foozball  :-X ;)

worst sports?
cricket (insert yawning face)
table tennis

David McKeown

Crickets getting a bit of an unfair rap here i think its a great sport.  Dressage if it counts as a sport of its own is the only one I refuse to watch
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Minder

Quote from: mackers on February 13, 2009, 04:34:32 PM
I think basketball is a bit like golf, to really enjoy it as a spectator you need to play it to appreciate the skill level involved.
For me, the most boring sport is Formula One................
agree with that Mackers. At NBA level basketball players are as athletic as you will find anywhere in the world regardless of sport.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mylestheslasher

I find Hockey exceptionally boring. Couldn't bring myself to watch is for more than 2 minutes. Notable mention to Cricket a close number 2.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Derry Dolly on February 13, 2009, 05:05:39 PM
camogie?? skills may not be as up to scratch as hurling but stil enjoyable to watch an even better to play  ;D
also have played gaelic before an the skills needed for camogie are ten fold that off foozball   :-X ;)

worst sports?
cricket (insert yawning face)
table tennis

Tell me Dolly, why oh why do these sportswomen insist on hitting the thing along the gound?  I dont play hurling but I can perform the basic skills to a decent level. This includes getting the ball up into my hand!!!!

WHY DO THEY HIT IT ALONG THE GROUND?!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

carribbear

Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2009, 05:18:33 PM
Quote from: mackers on February 13, 2009, 04:34:32 PM
I think basketball is a bit like golf, to really enjoy it as a spectator you need to play it to appreciate the skill level involved.
For me, the most boring sport is Formula One................
agree with that Mackers. At NBA level basketball players are as athletic as you will find anywhere in the world regardless of sport.

It's dross to watch though, even with the guys on the big salaries. Not enough variety in the game to make it exciting.

Minder

What sports have a lot of "variety" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Roger

Snooker
Cricket
Anything that gets marks for artistic impression or such like.

Rossfan

CURLING ...jasus what shite
Soccer
Golf
Rugby
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

youngfella

Ladies football and camogie are both terrible to watch.
There are some wile bad olympic sports, synco diving, swimming and the dressage all come to mind.

However i feel the most pointless and brutal sport is boxing. i can not stand it. Two healthy fellas beating lumps of eachother
Pull hard and early

carribbear

Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2009, 05:26:12 PM
What sports have a lot of "variety" ?

I get your point, some people enjoy it - I just find it infuriating and too repetitive to watch.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2009, 04:32:40 PM
Horse racing, unless you're there, is drivel.

I fecking hate cricket too.

Show jumping and sailing not too hot either.

How is it drivel?? I would say you don't understand the intracies of the sport? Otherwise you wouldn't think this...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Canalman on February 13, 2009, 05:00:00 PM
Horse Racing......even though I personally dispute its status as a Sport.

I find Tennis boring............was easier for me one year in Melbourne to go to the Australian Open......we were on strike, had a free ticket, lived just 6 train stops away from it, bored senseless at home  etc and still wasn't arsed going. Funnily never regretted not going......even just to be able to say I was there.

So Tony McCoy isn't a sports man??

If humans running is classed as a sport, why not horses?