Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakLeaf

Quote from: BelSaft on February 22, 2024, 04:10:18 PMDidn't really mean they actively recruited. I don't know the ins and outs of it. Will be a really good addition to them regardless.

He's getting on now but can still play a bit, so from a football perspective he'll be useful. However, from a team harmony perspective ... well, that remains to be seen!

barnish oggie

He lives in PG1 doesn't he, now he is back from London.

Pretty sure there was a fall out with Greenlough before he went there, so bridges burned and as someone said before, they aren't losing any sleep over him not returning there.

So I see no issue in it at all.

Don't know enough about the keeper involved to know if he had a fall out or not.

NorthAntrim

His home club and Portglenone are a stones throw apart so not really a reason him living in pg1. Like a creggan player transferring to TNN because they live in Randalstown

OakLeaf

Quote from: barnish oggie on February 22, 2024, 04:35:43 PMDon't know enough about the keeper involved to know if he had a fall out or not.

He left Greenlough at the same time as Lynn (got caught up in Lynn's drama). Also played in London. Average enough keeper. Probably wont start for Casements.

barnish oggie

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 22, 2024, 03:05:17 PM28 out of 29 and I'd say a fair chance that number 29 goes to school in belfast. Just feels a bit off.

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 22, 2024, 03:05:17 PM28 out of 29 and I'd say a fair chance that number 29 goes to school in belfast. Just feels a bit off.

The panel that was named at the start of the year was the same set of girls so it hasn't changed.

It looked ridiculous at the time as well.

Moneyglass withdrew all their minors so that left a few spaces for more Belfast based players.

Still a surprise that the likes of Cargin or Glenariffe don't have any representation as they were strong at U16 last year, but then again, neither would have a coach on the panel so there you go.

The U16s are not much better, with 21 Belfast and 9 elsewhere.

barnish oggie

Quote from: NorthAntrim on February 22, 2024, 04:39:38 PMHis home club and Portglenone are a stones throw apart so not really a reason him living in pg1. Like a creggan player transferring to TNN because they live in Randalstown

The transfer was for other reasons, as already stated by a few.

My point was he picked the club that was closest to him.

Should he have transferred to a further away club?

At least they aren't likely to play each other, as opposed to transferring to another club in the same county.

And there have been a few in the last 10-15 years have made that switch (boke!) from TNN to Creggan and vice versa because of similar reasons to Lynn.

Would ye whist

You made out that a player has the freedom to waltz out on a sunday and return whenever he feels like it without giving consideration to his wife or family, that for me was a view from the dark ages.

My own son's wife is trying to work her shifts round when my son has games but guess what they can't as they do not know when they are

Don't come trying to be smart, your issue is you let the mask slip as to your identity not you spend the time on here defending the county board and ref's click so you still get the games. And don't give me Totes doesn't read this as there is a lot of your colleagues posting on here

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2024, 02:33:49 PMWell considering I do 80% of the cooking I'm not sure how that is relevant to club fixtures and when they are starting..

Someone asked and I said the 10th March, and hurling starts Easter weekend but then started talking about his wife and booking weekends away and holidays ffs!

Who do you actually thinks slows down the fixtures coming out?

The topic pops up every year and your club sec's have all this information but to waffle on about booking weekends and holidays with the wife is getting tiresome!

Would ye whist. You have seriously went off on one, hunting for food, womens place in the kitchen

MR2 woman are allowed a wife too and men help out with children etc, This bit I'm not sure about though

Round or stuffed

so have there been any fixtures released or is it likely that there will be in the next few days?

barnish oggie

LGFA have managed to get their full fixture schedule right down to U6 released and the relevant ones posted on the county website.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Round or stuffed on February 23, 2024, 12:52:36 PMso have there been any fixtures released or is it likely that there will be in the next few days?

you dont need fixtures, contact your club secretary as its them holding the process up. Keep every weekend free from now until decemeber incase you make an all ireland final. And dont forget to go home and bate the wife because she hasnt the dinner ready

JimStynes

Quote from: NorthAntrim on February 23, 2024, 02:17:36 PM
Quote from: Round or stuffed on February 23, 2024, 12:52:36 PMso have there been any fixtures released or is it likely that there will be in the next few days?

you dont need fixtures, contact your club secretary as its them holding the process up. Keep every weekend free from now until decemeber incase you make an all ireland final. And dont forget to go home and bate the wife because she hasnt the dinner ready

😂

SaffronSports

Quote from: barnish oggie on February 22, 2024, 04:51:20 PM

The panel that was named at the start of the year was the same set of girls so it hasn't changed.

It looked ridiculous at the time as well.

Moneyglass withdrew all their minors so that left a few spaces for more Belfast based players.

Still a surprise that the likes of Cargin or Glenariffe don't have any representation as they were strong at U16 last year, but then again, neither would have a coach on the panel so there you go.

The U16s are not much better, with 21 Belfast and 9 elsewhere.

Re Glenariffe: I don't think any of the girls attended trials to be honest. The bulk of that U-16 team last year was girls playing up from U-14 and they are now U-15. The one girl who played county last year at U-14 is hoping to give it a go again next year at U-16. There's actually about 5-6 of that team playing county but with the small ball.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on February 23, 2024, 11:28:58 AMYou made out that a player has the freedom to waltz out on a sunday and return whenever he feels like it without giving consideration to his wife or family, that for me was a view from the dark ages.

My own son's wife is trying to work her shifts round when my son has games but guess what they can't as they do not know when they are

Don't come trying to be smart, your issue is you let the mask slip as to your identity not you spend the time on here defending the county board and ref's click so you still get the games. And don't give me Totes doesn't read this as there is a lot of your colleagues posting on here

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2024, 02:33:49 PMWell considering I do 80% of the cooking I'm not sure how that is relevant to club fixtures and when they are starting..

Someone asked and I said the 10th March, and hurling starts Easter weekend but then started talking about his wife and booking weekends away and holidays ffs!

The topic pops up every year and your club sec's have all this information but to waffle on about booking weekends and holidays with the wife is getting tiresome!

Would ye whist. You have seriously went off on one, hunting for food, womens place in the kitchen

MR2 woman are allowed a wife too and men help out with children etc, This bit I'm not sure about though

It's clique not click  ;)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Would ye whist

When that is your only retort it's clear even you know you are spouting cr*p

quote author=Milltown Row2 link=msg=2256592 date=1708770666]
Quote from: Would ye whist on February 23, 2024, 11:28:58 AMYou made out that a player has the freedom to waltz out on a sunday and return whenever he feels like it without giving consideration to his wife or family, that for me was a view from the dark ages.

It's clique not click  ;)

[/quote]

ck