The FA Cup Thread

Started by Square Ball, December 02, 2007, 03:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 16, 2024, 07:44:33 PMYawn!

Man City into the semi finals yet again  , and  on course for another treble.

Is it just  me or is City's continued dominance  really boring? 

Was it as boring for non-United fans when  United were  dominating in the 90's and 00's? I can't  imagine it was

The media are in switch off in regard to talking about a Treble. Any other club at it would be the talk. There is no drama, no adversity, no story with Man City. They're just a product of Sports washing.

If Liverpool did not win the League in 19/20, City would be going for 7 in a row titles this year.

United won Premier League in (1996/97) with 75 points - Newcastle Arsenal and Liverpool were joint 2nd with 68 points.

Blowitupref

Coventry City stunned Wolves to reach the FA Cup semi-finals for only the second time in their history thanks to two stoppage-time goals at Molineux.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Capt Pat

Was it as boring for non-United fans when  United were  dominating in the 90's and 00's? I can't  imagine it was

Liverpool are still in contention for the fa cup. City have real madrid in the quarter finals of the champions league.

Arsenal and Liverpool are ahead of city in the league.

It is anything but inevitable. If City pull off a treble from here it will be some achievement.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 16, 2024, 10:25:55 PM

Liverpool are still in contention for the fa cup. City have real madrid in the quarter finals of the fa cup.

It is anything but inevitable. If City pull off a treble from here it will be some achievement.

What are they  doing in the FA cup? ;)

Yes Arsenal and Liverpool are still there ,  but  city won't be far away on all three competitions.  I just find  it  all very boring, and I find it very difficult  even to watch city  play (even the highlights)

JoG2

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 16, 2024, 10:25:55 PM

Liverpool are still in contention for the fa cup. City have real madrid in the quarter finals of the fa cup.

If City beat Real Madrid in the FA Cup, it'll be an achievement unmatched anywhere in world sport

In all seriousness, City will win at least 2 of those trophies #115

Armagh18

Expect Madrid to beat City in Europe tbh. They'll win the league imo but Liverpool possibly beat them in FA Cup.