Started by Eire90, December 30, 2023, 04:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

A massive year politically with elections in some key areas

US Elections which could turn chaotic

Possible uk elections

Eu parliament elections

on the home front we got local elctions in ireland

on the sporting front we got the euros and olympics and will there be a new name on the sam magure cup or will it be dublin or kerry again.

seafoid

The Financial Times expects Trump to lose a very bad tempered election campaign with people voting to stop trump rather than support Biden
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bennydorano

Read a good opinion piece recently, jist of it was don't be surprised if Biden doesn't run. As awful as Trump is the Democrats have lost their way, I don't like Biden and think he's too old to run again. I've no idea who would step up, presumably not Harris whom I've heard nothing about in 3 years as VP

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on December 30, 2023, 06:50:03 PMRead a good opinion piece recently, jist of it was don't be surprised if Biden doesn't run. As awful as Trump is the Democrats have lost their way, I don't like Biden and think he's too old to run again. I've no idea who would step up, presumably not Harris whom I've heard nothing about in 3 years as VP

VP's are generally anonymous
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

Is there a possibility of an irish general election in the autumn or early winter.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eire90 on December 30, 2023, 07:06:22 PMIs there a possibility of an irish general election in the autumn or early winter.

Spring of 2025 at the earliest.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Brendan

Quote from: Eire90 on December 30, 2023, 04:25:24 PMA massive year politically with elections in some key areas

US Elections which could turn chaotic

Possible uk elections

Eu parliament elections

on the home front we got local elctions in ireland

on the sporting front we got the euros and olympics and will there be a new name on the sam magure cup or will it be dublin or kerry again.

Guaranteed uk election by December 2024, 5 years is up

Eire90

The uk election can still take place in January 2025

Itchy

I'm hoping for a giant meteor to crash into Earth to bring this shitshow to an end. Happy new year.

Hound

I wish everyone who is working through health issues (for them or family) all the very best. And I wish solace for all those who have lost loved ones.

Otherwise life is for living. Economy / job is still going gangbusters, so have to make the most of it. Two holidays booked already, got to enjoy life while you can as things can turn very quickly and without warning. I had a big Covid related health scare, but pretty much clear now,  but wakes you up to this is our one chance. Kids are in Uni, working their asses off, but have so much opportunity out there for them. Mental health challenges to work through though.

Resolution is to eat healthier. Said to myself I am giving up crisps from today, so we'll see how long I can last.

Happy 2024 everyone

marty34

Quote from: Hound on January 01, 2024, 10:17:28 AMI wish everyone who is working through health issues (for them or family) all the very best. And I wish solace for all those who have lost loved ones.

Otherwise life is for living. Economy / job is still going gangbusters, so have to make the most of it. Two holidays booked already, got to enjoy life while you can as things can turn very quickly and without warning. I had a big Covid related health scare, but pretty much clear now,  but wakes you up to this is our one chance. Kids are in Uni, working their asses off, but have so much opportunity out there for them. Mental health challenges to work through though.

Resolution is to eat healthier. Said to myself I am giving up crisps from today, so we'll see how long I can last.

Happy 2024 everyone

Good post Hound.

seafoid

Áthbhlian faoi mhaise to everyone especially people with depression. The intercounty season is revving up so may the best teams win. For everyone in the North I hope that Stormont reopens. Partition won't last forever. Good luck to whoever wins the Antrim hurling championship.  I hope the All Ireland is on.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Substandard

Still 2023 weather anyway.
Happy New Year to all.  Thanks for keeping a relative ignoramus informed (sometimes confused/ confounded!!) about goings on at home and abroad.
Thanks again, and all the best.

Captain Obvious

Not great for those married to a red haired woman..

QuoteIf a red-haired girl is the first person to walk into your home after the clock has struck twelve, an old superstition says she will bring hardship for the New year. However, if it's a dark-haired man, you're in luck. A happy and prosperous year ahead is guaranteed.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Hound on January 01, 2024, 10:17:28 AMI wish everyone who is working through health issues (for them or family) all the very best. And I wish solace for all those who have lost loved ones.

Happy 2024 everyone

Good man, Hound. I plan to lose a bit of weight myself, try to eat healthier. The days are gone when I could eat any old sh1te I liked and burn it all off. Our little ones are 2 and 4, so we're going to be in the thick of it for the next few years and it's hard at my age, but we're just about managing.

For my own mental health I've had to tune out the news. No point in worrying about a Trump re-election, there's not a big pile I can do about it. And the news coming out of that Gaza strip is too upsetting to watch, especially to those of us with children of our own.

On the plus side I'm concentrating on my career this year, and as side project I've got big plans for our hurling club and a good board working with me. We'll be hosting the USGAA finals too and I'm involved in the marketing side of that. I'm also trying to get another book published, so it'd be nice to see some progress on that this year. Some lads on here have been helping me out with my research for that, which is much appreciated. More on that later.