Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: TheOptimist on September 12, 2019, 01:12:23 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 12, 2019, 01:02:47 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 12, 2019, 12:15:20 PM
Quote from: t_mac on September 12, 2019, 07:44:35 AM
Fionntamhnach's own Red and White tinted glasses wouldn't let facts get in the way of a complete lie, and he laments about Brolly, Jesus wept.

I don't deal with "alternative facts" and I've a low tolerance for bullsh*tters no matter where in the world they are. Also you haven't said yet whom you thought should have taken up Michael Lyster's job either. 😉

For everyone else, the story of the clip being played on the coach was confirmed to me through both a player on the squad and also a member of the backroom team at the time. The bereavement mentioned by BennyCake likely proved to be a factor for that game, but is a separate incident in itself.

OK, I had a rule to myself to keep away from talking about the arsehole this thread is dedicated to for several years now (with one exception) and now he's been finally let go from RTÉ with many others here also sharing my view, I'm going to take that vow again. Because for narcissistic attention seekers, the worst thing is not being talked about by others. 🙊

Paddy Bradley had a great game the first day and carried what was a very limited Derry outfit. Roasted Mickey McGee. A certain Dromore man got the nob the 2nd day and Bradley never got a kick. Derry were well beaten.

I don't remember the draw. Where was it played. Did the minor match go to a draw also, as from memory that was postponed that day, or is my memory just sketchy?

The one thing i do remember about that day in Casement was Tyrone's diving. It was the first time we seen it in action and they won an All-Ireland doing it that year.

Funny I remember Bradley whinging and yapping the whole match at the referee and Mickey Moran. We never saw much of him or Derry the rest of the year.

TheOptimist

Quote from: trailer on September 12, 2019, 01:25:12 PM
Fionntamhnach's own Red and White tinted glasses wouldn't let facts get in the way of a complete lie, and he laments about Brolly, Jesus wept.

I don't deal with "alternative facts" and I've a low tolerance for bullsh*tters no matter where in the world they are. Also you haven't said yet whom you thought should have taken up Michael Lyster's job either. 😉

For everyone else, the story of the clip being played on the coach was confirmed to me through both a player on the squad and also a member of the backroom team at the time. The bereavement mentioned by BennyCake likely proved to be a factor for that game, but is a separate incident in itself.

OK, I had a rule to myself to keep away from talking about the arsehole this thread is dedicated to for several years now (with one exception) and now he's been finally let go from RTÉ with many others here also sharing my view, I'm going to take that vow again. Because for narcissistic attention seekers, the worst thing is not being talked about by others. 🙊

Paddy Bradley had a great game the first day and carried what was a very limited Derry outfit. Roasted Mickey McGee. A certain Dromore man got the nob the 2nd day and Bradley never got a kick. Derry were well beaten.

I don't remember the draw. Where was it played. Did the minor match go to a draw also, as from memory that was postponed that day, or is my memory just sketchy?

The one thing i do remember about that day in Casement was Tyrone's diving. It was the first time we seen it in action and they won an All-Ireland doing it that year.

Funny I remember Bradley whinging and yapping the whole match at the referee and Mickey Moran. We never saw much of him or Derry the rest of the year.

Yeah, because Tryrone were diving heures

Mario

A team with 5 all stars 'very limited' (Lockhart, McCloy, Muldoon, Tohill and Bradley), plus the likes of Fergal Doherty, Paul McFlynn, Niall McCusker and Kevin McGuckin. Ha I would love a Derry team this limited today. No doubt they were poor the second day but this was a very good Derry team.

square_ball

Was McCarron playing that day?

trailer

Quote from: Mario on September 12, 2019, 01:33:21 PM

A team with 5 all stars 'very limited' (Lockhart, McCloy, Muldoon, Tohill and Bradley), plus the likes of Fergal Doherty, Paul McFlynn, Niall McCusker and Kevin McGuckin. Ha I would love a Derry team this limited today. No doubt they were poor the second day but this was a very good Derry team.

Anthony Tohill was 43 years of age that day ffs. Lockhart and McGuckin good players. The rest very limited one dimensional footballers.

EDIT: Sorry, I love winding youse up but Enda Muldoon was a baller and could play in any team in any era. Even I would have to admit that wind up or not. 

HiMucker

Quote from: trailer on September 12, 2019, 02:09:59 PM

Anthony Tohill was 43 years of age that day ffs. Lockhart and McGuckin good players. The rest very limited one dimensional footballers.

EDIT: Sorry, I love winding youse up but Enda Muldoon was a baller and could play in any team in any era. Even I would have to admit that wind up or not.
Aye he was 43  ::)

Rawhide

Your idea of a very good team and my idea are very different. This Derry team was that good it could not put back to back wins in the Ulster championship from 2003 until 2011 and haven't done since until the present day. Like seriously? Maybe all the other teams in Ulster were just brilliant as well lol
cccc is a true supporter lol

Mario

Well 2 of the best teams of all time playing in ulster at that time so maybe you are right. Derry in the noughties had a good team they got to 2 All Ireland semis and won the national league but Tyrone and Armagh were stronger hence why they didn't win an ulster.

Rawhide

Quote from: Mario on September 12, 2019, 02:36:16 PM
Well 2 of the best teams of all time playing in ulster at that time so maybe you are right. Derry in the noughties had a good team they got to 2 All Ireland semis and won the national league but Tyrone and Armagh were stronger hence why they didn't win an ulster.

oh no, not letting you away as easily as that. I would love to hear how a your idea of a 'very good Derry team' couldn't put two championship wins together. Surely a good team could do that once, like Fermanagh did in 08?
cccc is a true supporter lol

trailer

Quote from: Mario on September 12, 2019, 02:36:16 PM

Derry were that good they didn't need to prove it and decided not to win any Ulsters or All Ireland's in the 00s.

Most of the teams in Ulster and Ireland were and still are stronger than Derry.

BennyCake

+1

t_mac

I am not privy to the candidates whom were interviewed, or whether she was chosen but she is an awful host who couldn't keep the analysis flowing with her constant interruptions.

As for your wee story, you impersonate Joe by name dropping bullshit, oh heard it from a player(unknown) and backroom team member (unknown) do you not see your hypocrisy?  Also you knew the backdrop of the tragedy but still used it to try and sell an anecdote to make you seem relevant - again just like Joe!

RedHand88

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on September 12, 2019, 11:36:58 AM
Yep. Worth retelling this. In the Ulster SFC first round tie vs. Derry in 2003 which ended in a draw, Br***y went to town on RTÉ after the match over Tyrone's performance and how they'll never win an All-Ireland etc. etc. Well as the replay was being held in Casement Park six days later, a few minutes before the team coach pulled into the ground, the telly at the front was switched on, the sound turned up, the play button pressed on the video player, and up came on the screen & speakers a clip of that diatribe from the previous weekend. That Tyrone team hammered seven shades of sh*te out of Derry in the replay, word got to back to Br***y about that clip played on the coach, and it ended up making sure he STFU concerning Tyrone for the rest of the decade other than trying to crawl up Mickey Harte's arse several times in public.  8)

Was that the time when he was half cut on camera at Casement Park?
[/quote]

Yes. "Tyrone bas*****" I believe he said off air, but with the camera rolling. Imagine in any other walk of life someone continuing in a job for 16 years after saying this.

Ball Hopper

Half hour show on radio somewhere for him?

Brolly's Rants...Brantz?

Aaron Boone

Officially he's still on the RTE panel isn't he. The twitter indignation/commentary should make them realize not to get rid of their 'diamond'.

It's overshadowed the replay build-up which shows his worth.