Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 11, 2019, 10:41:51 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 11, 2019, 07:58:57 AM
So if Chelsea win their game in hand United go to 6th.  Exactly the same spot as when the messiah OGS took over.  Give Ole the job i say ;D

::) yeah, 6th going on 9th or 10th when he took over. And if Chelsea don't win their game in hand?

Yes 2 points ahead of the 9th and 10th placed teams and 11 points off 4th and 13 points off 3rd when Ole took over. Now after Ole loses his first league game its 2 points off 4th and 3 points off 3rd and still in both cup competitions even though Arsenal,Chelsea and PSG was favourites to knock United out.

gawa316

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 11, 2019, 08:21:30 AM

Ffs you're as bloody bad as him. ::)

So someone makes up some bullshit and a person asking them to prove it, is as bad as them?

magpie seanie

Quote from: gawa316 on March 11, 2019, 02:21:31 PM

So someone makes up some bullshit and a person asking them to prove it, is as bad as them?

Why do you bother though?

Boycey

IF both Manchester Clubs win in the FA Cup this weekend there is the potential for up to 4 derby games in the month of April...

BennyCake

Quote from: gallsman on March 11, 2019, 10:10:31 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 11, 2019, 09:40:01 AM
Quote from: Link on March 10, 2019, 09:26:26 PM
best keeper in the world a bit flat footed today

Was he? I didn't get to see the Real Madrid match.

I'm not sure anyone has ever suggested Jordi Masip is the best goalkeeper in the world.

Really? Ach, people know nahin  ::)

J70

Quote from: Link on March 10, 2019, 09:26:26 PM
best keeper in the world a bit flat footed today

Not comparing the abilities of the two keepers, but Xhaka caught Mignolet out last season with a long range effort which moved wickedly through the air. Not much you can do sometimes.

Unfortunately for Mignolet, his track record doesn't allow him the same level of credibility that DeGea's does.

quit yo jibbajabba

Was reminded of same goal too J70, ended up being the beginning of the end for Simon.

Def a trick yer man Xhaka has up his sleeve thats 2 hes fooled now

Farrandeelin

No. But you keep on keeping on when you know what his 'answer' is going to be. I.e. nothing.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on March 11, 2019, 03:21:36 PM
IF both Manchester Clubs win in the FA Cup this weekend there is the potential for up to 4 derby games in the month of April...

Would kill Ole's momentum losing 4 in such a short space of time!!

gawa316

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 11, 2019, 10:00:50 PM

No. But you keep on keeping on when you know what his 'answer' is going to be. I.e. nothing.

I think I asked twice...but anyway it was more just to show him up for the gimp that he is, than actually expecting an answer.

Unfortunately there are 'fans' out there like that, who are more interested in slandering and degrading other teams/players, evident in that other twats tweet about Grealish at the weekend. That stgalls fella on here was another one. I'm up for banter and slagging as much as the next but there's a line and that poster often over steps it, none more evident than using Sean Cox's terrible incident as a reason to bash Liverpool FC and it's fans.

Boycey

I don't need anyone to highlight what's acceptable and what's not thanks...

Keyser soze

I would say Ole is a certainty to get the job, and rightly so. He has done a great job so far, very few missteps and he looks like he is not under any pressure at all.

However the football world is littered with caretakers who have had brilliant starts and then failed in the full time position when the real pressure to perform comes on, and there's no place on the world that has more pressure to perform in an exciting way and get results at the same time as at Old Trafford, as evidenced by the way in which it broke 2 previously massively successful managers with golden reputations.

The systemic problems at the club have not been addressed and until they are there is no way the on field issues will be satisfactorily resolved. I would be mighty scared that Ole will go the same way which would be a shame as he is Utd through and through and seems like a genuinely nice person, but if Mourinho and Van Gaal [and indeed Ferguson in the latter years] were unable to get their way it will be impossible for Ole to change the direction of that juggernaut.

trailer

Mourinho and Van Gaal were two of the sourest c***ts ever to manage a football team. Give it to Ole. He cant be any worse than those two charlatans and at least he smiles. 

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 11, 2019, 10:48:23 AM
Ya, a little unlucky yesterday on the balance of play and chances but I still think United weren't totally at it. A weird sort of game. Looked like United could open up Arsenal any time they strung 3 or 4 passes together and never really looked troubled at he other end. A bad mistake by the keeper and a very soft penalty award coupled with 3 very bad misses by Lukaku summed it up. These things happen. In truth there were too many passes going astray and United didn't really play too well. Can't afford too many more bad results in the league. Thankfully Spurs have been dragged back into the mix. Happy that Fred backed up his midweek performance....a badly needed option in the middle. A little worried Rashford looks tired.

Agree with that, if United had won that game they'd have deserved to do so but United just weren't clinical enough around the box from the missed chances to Dalot's ball to Rashford which was under hit and Rashford too was too slow in reacting. That move summed up United, a brilliant passage of play which ended with nothing.

Thankfully no game midweek so United can rest followed by an international break coming at the right time. Good to see Greenwood make his debut, he might be a few years younger than Chong but he's more likely to make an impact.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 12, 2019, 10:04:46 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 11, 2019, 10:48:23 AM
Ya, a little unlucky yesterday on the balance of play and chances but I still think United weren't totally at it. A weird sort of game. Looked like United could open up Arsenal any time they strung 3 or 4 passes together and never really looked troubled at he other end. A bad mistake by the keeper and a very soft penalty award coupled with 3 very bad misses by Lukaku summed it up. These things happen. In truth there were too many passes going astray and United didn't really play too well. Can't afford too many more bad results in the league. Thankfully Spurs have been dragged back into the mix. Happy that Fred backed up his midweek performance....a badly needed option in the middle. A little worried Rashford looks tired.

Agree with that, if United had won that game they'd have deserved to do so but United just weren't clinical enough around the box from the missed chances to Dalot's ball to Rashford which was under hit and Rashford too was too slow in reacting. That move summed up United, a brilliant passage of play which ended with nothing.

Thankfully no game midweek so United can rest followed by an international break coming at the right time. Good to see Greenwood make his debut, he might be a few years younger than Chong but he's more likely to make an impact.

Ya, it was a sin that move didn't end up with a goal.