Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Work away, if you've not noticed my opinion any of the 10 times I've previously given it I'm guessing your not going to listen to it now..

Mike Tyson

Mourinho gets the boot - who's going to come in to replace him?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Mike Tyson on November 28, 2018, 04:25:06 PM

This is why he is still in the job.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 28, 2018, 04:42:52 PM

He's still in the job because the club are ran by business men instead of football men. Once United can no longer reach the top 4 his contract will be terminated and if my calculations are right and going by current form that will be early April.  His replacement should be modern coach with a progressive philosophy that talks more about the team than himself.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 28, 2018, 05:24:50 PM

He's still in the job because the club are ran by business men instead of football men. Once United can no longer reach the top 4 his contract will be terminated and if my calculations are right and going by current form that will be early April.  His replacement should be modern coach with a progressive philosophy that talks more about the team than himself.

In the event of the business decision being made to remove him who would you reckon might be the modern coach with a progressive philosophy who could fill the spot. Also in the event that they get this man in what happens if in 2 years time and £250m invested and they are still behind the top 3-4 teams? Reset and replace?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 28, 2018, 06:22:53 PM

In the event of the business decision being made to remove him who would you reckon might be the modern coach with a progressive philosophy who could fill the spot. Also in the event that they get this man in what happens if in 2 years time and £250m invested and they are still behind the top 3-4 teams? Reset and replace?

Well since 1991 Liverpool have done that without winning the league, no one remembers the team that came 4th 3rd or 2nd in the league! And if Klopp doesn't win it in the next 2 years he'll go, I'd say regrettable from his part as he seems a genuine passionate manager who really wants Liverpool to win the league but has come at a time when City and Chelsea have the very good teams.

This season for Utd is over, they'll get knocked out in the first game of the CL proper, Jose has done enough to not get relegated so time to find someone fresh! Said before he should have done the first couple years after Fergie left, steadying the ship, couple of trophies he's won is better than winning nothing but papering over cracks at the minute
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Plenty of names mentioned and one would be Laurent Blanc. This is year 3 of Mourinho and where the team has regressed badly from last season. The next manager should also be given 3 years and reset and replace would be the natural thing to do if United find themselves closer to the bottom of the table than the top after a 3 year term.

BennyCake

On another issue...

Is it just me that thinks Rashford is vastly overrated?

Boycey

They only need to finish in top 4 bc, or in reality the top 4 every 2nd year as penalties don't kick in sponsorship deals unless they miss the Champions League two years in a row. The problem is where do get a manager who can handle the pressure, Mourinho who you would have thought was bomb proof seems broken by it..

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on November 28, 2018, 07:00:31 PM

They only need to finish in top 4 bc, or in reality the top 4 every 2nd year as penalties don't kick in sponsorship deals unless they miss the Champions League two years in a row. The problem is where do get a manager who can handle the pressure, Mourinho who you would have thought was bomb proof seems broken by it..

If you weren't paying attention! Do I have to remind you of the self inflicted slide to oblivion that ended his previous job and cost him a hefty court payout? That team, who were champions a few months earlier, were hovering above the relegation zone when he eventually got sacked. Yet somehow people thought this was the right move for Manchester United? Lunacy.

Keyser soze

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 29, 2018, 11:06:31 AM

If you weren't paying attention! Do I have to remind you of the self inflicted slide to oblivion that ended his previous job and cost him a hefty court payout? That team, who were champions a few months earlier, were hovering above the relegation zone when he eventually got sacked. Yet somehow people thought this was the right move for Manchester United? Lunacy.

Seanie you must be the only person in the world with a bigger ego than Mourinho,

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 28, 2018, 02:58:25 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 28, 2018, 02:09:02 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 28, 2018, 09:44:46 AM
Here you go Seanie, take those red tinted glasses off; Fergie was no angel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0103jCmrjAA

Of course Fergie was no angel but do you think that (above) is in any way remotely linked to what we witnessed last night, and have witnessed from Mourinho in his time at United? Fergie was clearly trying to motivate his players and keep them hungry as he successfully did throughout his entire career. What is Mourinho's motivation? All about him.

There's a video doing the rounds on twitter today with Fergie doing exactly what Mourinho did last night to a Ronaldo miss.

Saw a video on Twitter last night but it can't be what you're referring to.

Ferguson reacted angrily to a Ronaldo shot going wildly off target and shouted at the player. Basically telling him to do better. Ronaldo was an experienced player at the time. Ferguson's actions were clearly designed to motivate the player to improve his shooting. He commented after that game that Ronaldo should have had a hat trick but that his shooting, which is usually excellent, was off track. He didn't turn to the crowd and shake his head. He hadn't made an issue with the media before the game about selecting Rashford. It wasn't about Ferguson proving how great he was, though again it's an indicator of why he was so great.

You're an excellent reader of all things United but surely you can see there's a world of difference in these two actions.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Keyser soze on November 29, 2018, 11:12:00 AM

Seanie you must be the only person in the world with a bigger ego than Mourinho,

A stunning riposte. I guess I'm wrong so???? Pathetic.

Keyser soze

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 29, 2018, 11:13:37 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on November 29, 2018, 11:12:00 AM

A stunning riposte. I guess I'm wrong so???? Pathetic.

Any fool could say the manager is shit and is going to fail, and 99.9% of the time they will be proved right.

So can you take your self-congratulatory 'insight' somewhere else as it appears most people are getting tired of it on this thread.

magpie seanie

Knew I had you on the ignore list for a good reason. I suggest you do likewise.

See - I'm full of wisdom.