Sports Journalists....

Started by 5 Sams, February 14, 2009, 12:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Humphries has some real gems alright. My two favourites are Heaney ( he hates Tyrone no matter what, like me;)) and Kieran Shannon. Both write personal and informative pieces that can at times make you laugh and at times make you want to find them an punch their lights out.

Anyonenot convinced of Heaney should buy the Irish News next Wed, Thur and Fri as they are bringing out 3 volumes of books "The Best of Against the Breeze". Guaranteed to be some absolute crackers in there!

5 Sams

Quote from: screenexile on February 20, 2009, 02:13:32 PM
Humphries has some real gems alright. My two favourites are Heaney ( he hates Tyrone no matter what, like me;)) and Kieran Shannon. Both write personal and informative pieces that can at times make you laugh and at times make you want to find them an punch their lights out.

Anyonenot convinced of Heaney should buy the Irish News next Wed, Thur and Fri as they are bringing out 3 volumes of books "The Best of Against the Breeze". Guaranteed to be some absolute crackers in there!

Fair play to the Irish News for doing this.....they could have made a pretty penny if they had have published these booklets and sold them off at a fiver a pop.
The Aristocrat Years

screenexile

Well they had to justify that 10p price hike some way... robbing baxtards  :D :D

red hander

Quote from: screenexile on February 20, 2009, 02:13:32 PM

I dunno, I read Heaney regularly and I haven't witnessed this 'hatred' for Tyrone is his writing ... Sure Brolly's supposed to hate us but he has been fulsome in his praise since 2005.  Ack, sure, jealousy is a terrible thing all right

longball

heard a lot of stories about a certain female GAA journalist and how she'd get over friendly with some of the players dont wanta say too much the MODS are watchin me  ;) :)
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0