Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

restorepride

Quote from: hardstation on October 10, 2020, 03:27:13 PM
Yeah, dead on. I'd be embarrassed about it too.
You did walk straight into but!  Never too late to learn more Irish - not sure that CCEA can help though! 

Lighten up lad, no shame that you didn't know the inner workings of CCEA - they leave a lot of people bewildered!

ONeill

Teachers in schools that have closed for a lock of days for cleaning should be made to do community stuff like unflooding roads or maintaining overgrown hedges on junctions near main roads.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Quote from: ONeill on October 12, 2020, 07:37:14 PM
Teachers in schools that have closed for a lock of days for cleaning should be made to do community stuff like unflooding roads or maintaining overgrown hedges on junctions near main roads.

It's a bloody disgrace so it is

JimStynes

If the schools stay open do you reckon we could get a wee round of applause on a Thursday night? The true heroes of 2020.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on October 13, 2020, 12:34:57 PM
If the schools stay open do you reckon we could get a wee round of applause on a Thursday night? The true heroes of 2020.

I just pat the wife's bum when she comes in. It better than that auld clapping nonsense
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Fcuk sake MR. Eating my lunch here.

RedHand88

Quote from: marty34 on October 10, 2020, 11:50:08 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2020, 10:03:44 PM
Quote from: marty34 on October 09, 2020, 09:52:32 PM
Quote from: FermGael on October 09, 2020, 07:38:19 PM
Peter Weir .
Just great leadership.
The bury your head in the sand approach again.

How can they do a language and not have any oral test at the end of the year?
They can have a writing, reading and listening test. Indeed, until a couple of years ago, GCSE languages didn't have an "end of year" speaking test for a rake of years. It was Controlled Assessment. Still the same for GCSE Gaeilge.

However, I agree with your sentiment, I think. Fundamentally, people learn a language to speak it so ditching that element is baffling IMO. Mind you, it could well be that the CCEA consultation reflected that language teachers asked for abandoning the speaking element.

Crazy stuff - doing a language for 5, 6 or 7 years and then no speaking test at the end of it. Like doing maths and doing no sums!!

I'm not so sure how many teachers support this new model. I'd say very few. In fairness, there was handy marks dished out for doing well in speaking exam, and rightly so - it's a language.

This what happens when you put people in charge of industries when they have zero experience in that industry. Education, health, the list goes on.

FermGael

Quote from: ONeill on October 12, 2020, 07:37:14 PM

The big question is what are the Pe ones at this weather?
No matches .  No trips away.
Been in school for over 5 weeks and no break.
Must be kicking in at this stage ....
What about Ski 2021?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermGael

Can somebody please just sack Peter Weir ?

Jim Bob

Quote from: FermGael on October 14, 2020, 03:12:20 PM

Tells schools not to be doing any remote learning......

FermGael

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 14, 2020, 05:44:44 PM

After telling schools for the past 2 months to be ready to go to online learning .......

ONeill

Didn't even get doing scary stories or nahin.

Jim Bob

Quote from: hardstation on October 14, 2020, 08:58:22 PM
Quote from: FermGael on October 14, 2020, 05:56:32 PM

After telling schools for the past 2 months to be ready to go to online learning .......
What's the reasoning behind that? Teachers & pupils surprised by that one.

If teachers do remote learning it can count as teaching days.  He has told teachers to use the days as exceptional closures so therefore the teaching days which were in the original schools year plan now have to be made up later in the year ....

FermGael

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 14, 2020, 09:01:35 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 14, 2020, 08:58:22 PM
Quote from: FermGael on October 14, 2020, 05:56:32 PM

What's the reasoning behind that? Teachers & pupils surprised by that one.

If teachers do remote learning it can count as teaching days.  He has told teachers to use the days as exceptional closures so therefore the teaching days which were in the original schools year plan now have to be made up later in the year ....

He can and he can't .
Some schools have all ready had to use exceptional closures as the schools have had to close for deep cleans for a few days .
He may try and blackmail teachers into pushing exams back into early July.

Honestly , and I hope I am wrong here, I reckon we won't be back in 2 weeks ....

ONeill

I'll be back fcuk yiz. She already started on me about guttering, fencing and the like as soon as I came home. This isn't the weather for that.