Ray Darcy - "I will leave the country if Enda Kenny becomes Taoiseach".

Started by muppet, February 13, 2010, 10:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Said it tonight on that Brendan O'Connor show.

Should we get it in writing?
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Trevor Hill

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Trevor Hill

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

blast05

Ray D'Arcy and Gay Byrne have been the broadcasting arm of FF for years.
And then you have the print media arm of FF interviewing him.
As i've read as a comment elsewhere, D'arcy has not left the country while Bertie and Cowen have been Taoiseach and thus dishonesty and corruption are not factors hes concerned about. So what is it that he is so concerned about that Enda Kenny could possibly make worse ? Health ? Economic competence ?

As for RTE .... "Enda, how dare you not have geneflected daily in front of our man George Lee ... we'll show you"

And if at the next election FG put up posters along the lines of "Get D'Arcy to set sail, vote Fine Gael"  ..... what would the impact be ? ? ? ? :-)

AFS

D'Arcy was falling over himself earlier in the week to let everyone know what great mates he'd recently become with George Lee. Apparently, they meet up in coffee shops and have big long talks about how they're feeling and everything.

Ulick

Never thought I would ever find myself supporting the Blueshirts, but, - Go Enda! (as Stewie might say).

ross4life

even though leaving the country comment is a bit extreme, i can see his point as it would mean we would have a Mayo man running the Country then

& that's not even worth thinking about

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ross4life on February 14, 2010, 01:58:16 AM
even though leaving the country comment is a bit extreme, i can see his point as it would mean we would have a Mayo man running the Country then

& that's not even worth thinking about

Charles Haughey was born in Mayo just to remind you... 8)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zapatista

Eny meany miney mo...

I'm far from a blue shirt but given a choice.

I know people who are very anti FF yet think Kenny would be a worse Taoiseach than Cowen. This FF trick is still working a treat 7 years on.

mylestheslasher

Its a no win situation.

Lose Enda keep D'arcy
Lose D'arcy keep Enda.

I think I'll leave the country instead :D

Tubberman

D'arcy is getting to be more insufferable than Gerry Ryan!
His 'interview' with media-whore George Lee was puke-inducing. D'arcy seemed to think they were the only two people who could see what the country needs. I can't listen to his show for more than 5 mins. Himself and Lee have one thing in common, and that's the extremely high opinion they have of themselves.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."