Racist attacks in Belfast

Started by ludermor, June 17, 2009, 10:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8104498.stm

Havent seen this mentioned so apologies if it has been covered.
Anyone seen this in belfast? Is it local hoolums or a more sinister group attacking the Romanians?

illdecide

A shower of hoods and we thugs who need a taste of their own medicine. Picking on vulnerable and easy targets.

Racist Ba****ds
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Doogie Browser

I would say it is young hoods under the influence of paramilataries.  BNP would definitely pick up plenty of votes in South Belfast. 

Derry Dolly

Quote from: illdecide on June 17, 2009, 10:04:45 AM
A shower of hoods and we thugs who need a taste of their own medicine. Picking on vulnerable and easy targets.

Racist Ba****ds
my thoughts exactly..fcked up wee hoods who have nothin better to do with their time..apparantly they were shoutin pro-nazi slogans ???
scumbags of the highest pedigree..one of the houses attacked had a baby only days old or somethin.

Chrisowc

Totally disgusted by this.

You would wonder what the combined brain cell count of these numbskulls would add up to.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

haveaharp

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 17, 2009, 10:29:40 AM

You would wonder what the combined brain cell count of these numbskulls would add up to.

Why is it that predominately this sort of shit always comes from unionists?

NAG1

I would say if you even asked them what a nazi was or what they stood for they could even tell you that. They show all that is bad in our soceity and are showing us all up infront of the whole world. Too lazy or work shy to do the jobs that these people would be doing. Too happy to lay on the dole and and claim their benefits.

Chrisowc

Quote from: haveaharp on June 17, 2009, 10:32:06 AM

I'm sure nationalists are equally disgusted.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

lfdown2

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 17, 2009, 10:40:26 AM

in all honesty chris not a point scoring exercise, though it does appear to be more of a problem in loyalist areas (maybe im wrong) - I too was wondering why this would be?

Minder

Has a rally been organised at the City Hall yet so we can "unite against this scourge" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

D4S

Agree with what's said before this is disgusting, these people are entitled to be here as we are part of the EU.  Contrary to opinion of some of these rascists, they cannot claim any sort of benefits here until they have been in employment and paying taxes for a minimum 12months.  What are they supposed to do for money then if they can't get a job, beg unfortunately.

This has come to a head now regards Romanian people, but foreign nationals are subjected to rascism everyday in Northern Ireland I'm sure of it.  Peoples' mindsets need to change, we should be welcoming these people not treating them like dirt. My next door neighbours are really nice Polish people.  They are around 30, have been living here for 5 years are married with a 1 year old little boy.   The husband works long hours to pay the rent, and his wife no longer works since they had the little boy but says she would love to, but she would find it very hard to leave the baby with anyone as they have no family here, and childcare would cost them too much.  This year will be their first year not returning to Poland for Christmas because they can't afford to.  They are very nice, pleasant people who hope to return to Poland in a few years and have enough money to buy a SMALL house.  

My point i,s this is 1 story, all these people who are in this country have a story and are individuals.  There shouldn't be generalisations made about all 'foreigners' living here.  Of course there are good + bad (there are plenty of bad people in Ireland too), and those who may steal, assault whatever...but the vast majority are here to better themselves and should be respected for that.  
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

NAG1

D4S Hope that wasnt a dig at my point as I was referring to the thugs who were bullying these people claiming the benefits?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Minder on June 17, 2009, 10:44:06 AM
Has a rally been organised at the City Hall yet so we can "unite against this scourge" ?
You off work today Minder?

haveaharp

Quote from: lfdown2 on June 17, 2009, 10:42:49 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on June 17, 2009, 10:40:26 AM

in all honesty chris not a point scoring exercise, though it does appear to be more of a problem in loyalist areas (maybe im wrong) - I too was wondering why this would be?

Thats what i meant and im sure Chris knows that. Not a point scoring exercise at all just an observation. Is it because the type of loyalist involved would tend to mirror their counterparts over the water?

Yes I Would

The unionist politicans condemnation of this is deafening.

Pure hatred is all it is!!
These pro-nazi hoods no doubt will be wearing proudly their poppies in another few months to display their britishness, to remember the fallen of  WWII, when, thats right the nazis and fascism were crushed.