Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Quote from: paco on May 23, 2011, 09:51:52 PM
It's probably been covered by someone else on here, but I bought a pair of Asics GT-2150 (which are support trainers) and I think I should have just stuck with neutral trainers. I also think I remember reading here that that Up & Running shop, down the street from the Europa Hotel, can test your pronation and do it for free if you buy a pair of trainers, is this true? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I'd like to get checked out just to be sure.

Free if you buy a new pair of trainers, £10/15 if you dont. Why did you buy trainers with "support" if you werent sure if you needed them?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

paco

Quote from: All of a Sludden on May 23, 2011, 09:55:32 PM
Quote from: paco on May 23, 2011, 09:51:52 PM
It's probably been covered by someone else on here, but I bought a pair of Asics GT-2150 (which are support trainers) and I think I should have just stuck with neutral trainers. I also think I remember reading here that that Up & Running shop, down the street from the Europa Hotel, can test your pronation and do it for free if you buy a pair of trainers, is this true? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I'd like to get checked out just to be sure.

Free if you buy a new pair of trainers, £10/15 if you dont. Why did you buy trainers with "support" if you werent sure if you needed them?

They were on sale  :-[ I'll learn for next time. Thanks btw, going to call in this week.

All of a Sludden

IF they are unworn and the correct size I`ll take them off you.

paco

It gets worse...I've had them for a while and, even though I had my suspicions, I kept wearing them.

All of a Sludden

Thought I was going to get a bargain, Up and Running dont have any at the minute and they are £96

paco

The Gt-2150 are £96? I paid £50 in Sports Direct.

imtommygunn

The 2150s(a model up I think) are ~£60 in a variety of places online.

When you say it's worse - how so?? Have you got injured in them?

Yeah, U&R do gait analysis. You will pay if you don't buy trainers.

paco

It's hard to describe. Up until now, I haven't felt any pain (tonight has been the first instance and I would describe it as more of a niggle than a pain, but it concerns me nonetheless). I never felt entirely comfortable, like I have with previous running shoes, but I persisted with them and now I think it's time to see if it's all in my head or if I need to get a more suitable pair.

imtommygunn

Ah, well try a GAIT analysis I would say. I would recommend sussing it out and paying once in a shop then when you have it sussed buy your trainers from here on in online.

You would tend to get more problems when you wear neutral and should be in stability shoes to be honest however they could cause problems.

paco

Aye, I'm gonna call in this week, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'll maybe lay off the running for a few days in the meantime. Thanks for the help!

brokencrossbar1

It costs £20 to get gait analysis in Up & Running. If you don't buy straight away they give you a voucher to redeem at a later stage. Worth doing it if you are a serious road runner.

leaveherinsir

Found Up and Running a really good place to go. Might be more expensive than buying on line, but the advice was first class. Ive not had any injuries since buying my last pair of runners there. Well worth a visit imo.

leaveherinsir

Has anybody ran the Ards half marathon before?  Entered for it, but have heard a few horror stories about how tough it is!!

No1

Was supposed to do it myself but training didn't exactly go to plan!  I have a friend who ran it last year and he says it's very tough,  up and round Scrabo Tower twice according to him.  Not sure if it's a different route this year.  Good luck with it!

LeoMc

Anyone doing Dromore 10K on Saturday?